Side Chain

Author
APrior
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2017/04/03 12:51:31 (permalink)

Side Chain

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to set up side chain in MC7? I have a copy of Izotope Ozone and Neutron and they both have side chain facility. What I need to do is have one track act as a trigger (bass drum) to set the EQ or Compressor going.

Thanks 

I again,

Just noticed there is a video detailing how to do this but with Ableton. 

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Side Chain 2017/04/03 13:17:35 (permalink)
    AFAIK Ozone does not support an external sidechain. I do not have Neutron. I was able to set up a sidechain with Fabfilter Pro-C 2. Plug-ins that support sidechaining will show up in the Insert Send dialog on every track that does not host the plug-in. Some vendors, for example Waves, require using their VST3 format plug-ins in Cakewalk DAWs for sidechain support.
    APrior
    Re: Side Chain 2017/04/03 13:24:42 (permalink)
    Hi scook, 

You are right, Ozone does not support side chain but Neutron does via external source.
    I was wondering how I set this up inn MC7 or if it is even possible. I have tried the sends option, if you insert Neutron in to a track the other track you need to trigger the synth (bass drum) becomes available via a send to the Neutron track. When you select Neutron and go to the compressor the external source option does not give you any signal in the compressor, leading me to believe I am doing something wrong.    

Thanks
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Side Chain 2017/04/03 13:45:22 (permalink)
    I do not have Neutron. There appear to be drop downs in the Neutron UI to set up side chain inputs. In this case it needs to be set to one of the EXT options in the drop down. This should set up the plug-in to receive the audio being sent from the other track.
    APrior
    Re: Side Chain 2017/04/03 14:22:33 (permalink)
    Hi Again,

I have tried all the obvious stuff with no joy. Has anyone done this with any degree of success? 
    This is a great effect if done subtly, its all over chart music and looks like its here to stay. So to my mind its worthwhile progressing.

Thanks   
    APrior
    Re: Side Chain 2017/04/07 07:52:39 (permalink)
    Hi, once again things that are almost automatic in other programs are proving problematic in mc7. This is the second time I have found it very difficult to find a work around with a project. Side chain has become the mainstay of dance music and edm. There is a help page but its for sonar so I will have to assume its not possible. Moving to the obvious program for my genre. At least I wont have to spend days on a simple answer. BTW I didn't get an answer from the help centre either.

Thanks
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1