Author
Serious_Noize!
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
2017/11/21 16:25:50 (permalink)

Waves is giving away a new plugin  this Friday 11-24-2017 "Black Friday".

You can sign up to get it at this link. I have no idea what it is going to be, but I thought this might interest some of you. 

https://www.waves.com/lpn/black-friday-2017/free-plugin-signup

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.

1 Reply Related Threads

raisindot
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 96
    Re: Sign Up for Waves Black Friday free plugin giveaway 2017/11/22 15:59:56 (permalink)
    Some of these prices are great. 

But warning: Waves has the worst licensing system out there short of iLoks. 

Few years ago I bought several Waves plugins. I then bought a new computer. I deactivated the licenses on the old computer (and send them to the "Waves Cloud") and then reinstalled and reauthorized them on the new computer. They all worked fine. 

Then yesterday I wanted to try out a few of these Waves plugins as demo. I had to upgrade to the new version of the "Waves Central" software. I did that, and while the demos installed fine, all of a sudden I could no longer use my "purchased and licensed" plugins. They all said they had been "disconnected" from the computer. So, I had to use the cumbersome "reauthorization" thing to reauthorized the licenses. They say you can only do this once a year so I hope I don't have to do it again. Pain in the keiser. 

Anyone, I wasn't impressed by any of the plugs I demoed. I was looking for a good Neve 1073 emulation and the few I tried out weren't impressive at all. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1