Simple percussion loops

Author
drumr
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 683
2009/01/21 15:25:50 (permalink)

Simple percussion loops

Can anyone here steer me to someplace where I can download some simple percussion loops. It seems almost everything is geared towards dance grooves, etc. What I'm after is something more leaning towards light percussion that might fit country or folky type songs. Nothing real busy, sort of James Taylor like. I suppose I could do them myself but would rather have them in my library of loops. Free is good, but any and all suggestions about what would be good, I'd like to hear about. What's out there like this? Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

SmokeyJ628
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    RE: Simple percussion loops 2009/01/21 16:07:20 (permalink)
    I just bought the R.A.W. Nashville Pop Grooves and World Groove packs by Sonic Reality. They are EXTREMELY high quality audio loops, and they are on sale for a very low price ($19.99) at Musicians Friend:

See http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=R.A.W.&st=

Since I'm not at my home computer, I can't tell you for certain how many loops it includes, but it is hundreds of them and hundreds of MB worth of loops. They might be a good choice for what you're looking for.

You can listen to a demo of them here:

Nashville Pop Demo (see upper left corner)

There's also a Country Folk Rhythms track, but it's not on sale for the low price. You can hear some of it here:

Country Folk Demo Tunes

Note that these loop packs contain only drum loops (the other instruments you hear aren't included).

As I said, these are all audio loops. If you want MIDI loops, I can give some different suggestions.

--SmokeyJ

post edited by SmokeyJ628 - 2009/01/21 17:40:27
    NeuroRon
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 171
    RE: Simple percussion loops 2009/01/22 18:49:21 (permalink)
    Both the Drums on Demand and Smart Loops sets of percussion loops are right up that alley and very reasonable priced (and often on sale). In Computer Music and Future Music magazine, the DVDs often have these kind of things. I use all three of these sources - as well as just playing the stuff myself on real (or MIDI) hand percussion.

The RT Project
     i7, 16 gB RAM, 4 X 1.5 - 3 Tb HDs; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio/MIDI interface;Sonar Platinum; Komplete Ult 10; Superior Drummer 2; Various synths, guitars, basses, ukes, etc.  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1