Author
Henry V
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2010/07/19 17:37:13 (permalink)

Small Issue That ive been wondering about

Hi, sorry if my english isnt perfect.

ive been using sonar for a while now..something like six month
and i just LOVE it ! its great and intuitive , really my kind of workflow.
but i cant ignore the LAME graphics ... it simply sucks !!

so, i saw here in this forum that cakewalk has been working on sonar 9 , or should start working on soon..

anyone knows if they will improve graphics ? because the gfx now is just unattractive...

it would be great ... cuz after all...we are at 2010, and sonar looks like its been made in the 90's hehe...

if anyone knows something about it please share...

5 Replies Related Threads

bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re:Small Issue That ive been wondering about 2010/07/19 18:30:39 (permalink)
    Fortunately, perfect English is not a prerequisite, Henry. If it were, this would be a lonely place indeed.

(But just for future reference, there is no such word as "cuz". I'd advise avoiding it in future correspondence.)

Would you care to elaborate on what your expectations are for improved graphics? Bear in mind that graphics are merely incidental to the program's primary function - audio - and that the fancier the graphics the fewer CPU cycles remain for audio processing. This seems to me an acceptable tradeoff. Just like I don't complain about Photoshop's lack of audio capabilities.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Kylotan
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 995
    Re:Small Issue That ive been wondering about 2010/07/19 18:38:34 (permalink)
    Henry V

so, i saw here in this forum that cakewalk has been working on sonar 9 , or should start working on soon..

anyone knows if they will improve graphics ? because the gfx now is just unattractive...

I don't think the graphics look old, myself. But then I am used to very plain applications, and generally prefer them as they require fewer resources and sometimes run faster.

Perhaps you could give an example of a program that you think has better graphics? After all, your idea of better might not match everybody else's, so it's good to see exactly what you mean.
    thebiglongy
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 502
    Re:Small Issue That ive been wondering about 2010/07/19 19:02:40 (permalink)
    Personally, Sonar has one of the nicest looking interfaces that is neither over cluttered or bare bones.
    Some of the Daw's i've seen, even though it's audio that im mainly concerned with (as it should be) i've found that most are lacking badly and are more of a distraction. With the editing available on sonar's GUI, you can pretty much make it look like what you want :D

Sonar x2a
    Win 7 x64 // i7 930 @ stock speed // Gigabyte x58a-ud3r (rev 1) //
    6gb corsair 1600mhz triple channel // ATI HD5450
    Samsung EVO 128gb SSD // 2 x WD Black 1tb. 
    M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R
    Henry V
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:Small Issue That ive been wondering about 2010/07/20 14:51:09 (permalink)
    thanks for the comments everyone but as i really like sonar, its just that i had in mind that a more attractive look will be nicer to look at.

someone here asked for a reference of such daw that looks cool, so i think PT 8 looks really nice and Cubase , so as Logic ( not as much but still..kind of .. )

i dont mean that i prefer looks over quality, im not a superficial guy :D
    its just that i prefer sonar to look better..even if they dont change the graphics i would still use it , it doesnt matter to me as much as the quality of features and stuff...

anyway, i asked if someone knows if cakewalk (or roland ) is planning to change the way sonar looks..?
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    Re:Small Issue That ive been wondering about 2010/07/20 15:02:58 (permalink)
    Henry V

Hi, sorry if my english isnt perfect.

ive been using sonar for a while now..something like six month
    and i just LOVE it ! its great and intuitive , really my kind of workflow.

it would be great ... cuz after all...we are at 2010, and sonar looks like its been made in the 90's hehe...

if anyone knows something about it please share...

Sonar is the only DAW that looks and works like a Windows program.  Many of the other got their start on Mac or Atari and still look like it. For those of us who only use Windows that's a good thing.  Sony also has software that looks and works like a Windows program and again, most other brands of video and audio editing software do not. 

So if yo want a Windows programs that doesn't look like a Windows program there are plenty of others to choose from. I would like Sonar to stay the way it is. Can I just have this one please ?

post edited by ohhey - 2010/07/20 15:04:31
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1