Snapshot/Preset function for Sonar’s folder locations

Author
Loptec
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 948
2015/02/05 06:45:11 (permalink)
4 (1)

Snapshot/Preset function for Sonar’s folder locations

For mobility I use two external hard drives with Sonar. One with all my project files (let’s call it H:) and one with all sound libraries (let’s call it I:). On the H: drive I also have all of Sonar’s content, like track icons, templates and so on.

I’ve got Sonar installed on my desktop and laptop and I’m using the external hard drives for both of them, letting me have all the content available on both systems by just moving the drives from one computer to the other.

It’s happened more than once though, that I’ve started up Sonar with the drives connected to the other computer, without thinking about it.

This (as you may know) makes Sonar reset all folder locations to default and I have to spend time, going through all of them one by one, pointing Sonar to the right location once again. This isn’t something you want to do when starting up Sonar. You just (I imagine) want to start working on the idea you’ve got.

I think it would be nice if we could save all folder locations as a snapshot or preset. If you (like me) sometimes forget to connect a hard drive and Sonar can’t find them, it’s alright to reset them. But when connecting the hard drive again it would be nice not having to manually select the right locations again. Cuz that’s really an inspiration-killer.
post edited by Loptec - 2015/02/05 15:20:57

SAMUEL LIDSTRÖM

DAW: Sonar Platinum (64bit) with Melodyne Studio - Controllers: Roland VS-700C, Cakewalk A-500 Pro, Yamaha P90
Desktop Audio Interface: RME HDSPe RayDAT - Laptop Audio Interface: RME Babyface Pro

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1