Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
2017/07/09 12:07:32 (permalink)

Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98

Hi All,

I would like to introduce you all to Snarky Puppy The story behind Snarky Puppy is pretty simple .
Over there on The Telecaster Forum they have a section called Twanger Central .
Every Week they host a backing track and many of the guys post their guitar playing over the weekly backing track ...

Snarky Puppy is this weeks Twanger Central backing track # 98...
https://soundcloud.com/gu...ppy-twanger-central-98

My Guitar playing on this track is simple , I'm not holding back anything , I'm playing one of my  Strats  and I'm shredding my rear end off ..
If your into that type of playing feel free to give Snarky Puppy a listen ..

thank you in advance
all the best ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

jamesg1213
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/11 18:23:05 (permalink)
Not enough notes!  Excellent shreddage Kenny, I like that tone too. People (well, just Tim really..) say that I should get a strat and expand my palette of sounds. Probably true.

Man, you were letting it all flow here, good to hear that I love that 'tape speed' thing you do at 1:26 and the reverse to come back in at 1:38 - care to share how you did that?

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
biodiode
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1202
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/11 18:39:48 (permalink)
I think you were holding back a touch there....... only joking. That is some very nice shreddage and a lovely tone from your guitar.

www.biodiode.com  
https://soundcloud.com/biodiode
PC Specs :-Sonar Platinum,
Fractal Design Define R4 Case, Asus X-99 Deluxe motherboard, Intel Core i7 5960X Processor, Bequiet BK010 Dark Rock Cooler, 32GB - 2400mhz Corsair memory, 650W Bequiet Dark Pro PSU, 1GB XFX Radeon R5 Passive GFX, 2 x 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD, 1 x 3TB WesterDigital Black HDD, LG - BluRay Combo Drive, Windows 10, Kensington SlimBlade Trackball, LG34UM88C 34-Inch 3440 x 1440 UltraWide IPS Monitor
kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/12 12:45:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jamesg1213 2017/07/12 18:13:28
jamesg1213
Not enough notes!  Excellent shreddage Kenny, I like that tone too. People (well, just Tim really..) say that I should get a strat and expand my palette of sounds. Probably true.

Man, you were letting it all flow here, good to hear that I love that 'tape speed' thing you do at 1:26 and the reverse to come back in at 1:38 - care to share how you did that?

Hi James,

I'm gonna be a little all over the place here for a moment please forgive me for the mini guitar lesson ...

Not enough notes huh ?  The guys over at the other forum were like WHAT ! The Heck Just Happened Here ?

I have a couple of things I feel like sharing here today about my process regarding playing lead guitar.
I might as well share it now while it is on my mind . I hope somebody gets something out of it ...

When ever I have a tune or a backing track that I'm gonna play over the first thing I do is I put it in music transcription software and slow it down while keeping the pitch of the song in the key I will be playing it in .

The software I use for that task is called Transcribe by Seventh String ..they have a fully working 30 day demo ...

The reason behind that is I want to be able to take my time and listen to the spaces between the notes I'm playing.
Also I don't try to play anything fancy when I'm playing slower , I want to be able to find the best notes to play up to or down to including all the common notes that will float over all the chord changes. This is done to find the notes with the most emotion ....
While I'm doing that type of exploring I'm also playing around with the places I can extend my melodic phrases in interesting ways that don't conform to how a typical guitar player/ student of the guitar plays ...

I fall into the category of guitar players that fully believes that if you want to be able to play fast with total freedom of personal expression and fluidity , you have to practice your moves on the fret board slow and with precision 
After I have familiarized myself with the track and what I may want to play over it then I play and record over it at normal speed 

Having said that I guess people may think I'm shredding , I think of it more along the lines of I'm just improvising over a tune w changes and I'm trying to do a one of a kind improvised performance in the moment.

As far as getting a Strat . I would urge you to consider getting one    Listen to Tim on this one ...
Strats are true tone monsters that can fit and sound good in any style of music ..from acoustic to hard core you name it ...
If you can get used to playing one ( the feel and set up ) ...you will be rewarded .

The Stratocaster I played on this song is a Garden Variety Squier Strat that I bought new for peanuts 11 years ago ...
The only mods I have done to it are I took out the junk volume and tone controls and replaced them with better ones while also changing the 5 way switch ...I also wired my lead pick up to my middle tone control ...
Other than that I sanded down the neck and put an oil finish on it
I have much better guitars I can be playing including American Strats , Teles and my Les ...the thing is this little humble guitar that I played on this song is siting out on my guitar stand right now while all the other guitars are sitting in their cases in the closet ...

I did mention that my guitar is stock pickup wise ...The tone I got is a combination of how I played and how I processed my signal chain...
My signal chain for this recording started with an Audiofed sp? Tube Screamer style overdrive into Bias Amp LE using a Triple Rectifier set to low gain ...that's what I used to play ...for processing after the fact I did another one of my secret little tricks ...
I don't use guitar processing ever on my lead guitar parts at all... I use Vocal Processing ... always have always will .
That part of my signal chain I'm gonna keep close to the vest for now ....

For the tape stop effects I used on my guitar I used Traction Waveform 8 ...That program has excellent editing capabilities that I cant reproduce in SONAR ...
It was as easy as splitting my guitar clip , applying a fade with the choice of slow down or speed up ...that was it
To do that type of edit with the tape stop effect in SONAR takes many more steps ....
here is a video on how to do it in SONAR  ...

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/12 15:27:24 (permalink)
That was an interesting read Kenny, thanks for the info This paragraph you wrote;

kennywtelejazz

I fall into the category of guitar players that fully believes that if you want to be able to play fast with total freedom of personal expression and fluidity , you have to practice your moves on the fret board slow and with precision 
After I have familiarized myself with the track and what I may want to play over it then I play and record over it at normal speed 

Quite coincidentally, I watched a few vids by Jon Herington (who I admire greatly) last night, and he said pretty much the exact same thing
at 12:55 in this vid;

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
markno999
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1450
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/12 20:03:09 (permalink)
Kenny,

Great post..    I like you are playing traditional blues licks and mixing in some "outside" notes as well.   A nice mix of rock and Jazz/fusion.   Makes for much more interesting listening.  Very cool you have such a broad palette of choices to draw from.   

Regards
kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/14 15:58:11 (permalink)
jamesg1213
That was an interesting read Kenny, thanks for the info This paragraph you wrote;

kennywtelejazz

Quite coincidentally, I watched a few vids by Jon Herington (who I admire greatly) last night, and he said pretty much the exact same thing
at 12:55 in this vid;

Hi James,

I'm glad you got something out off my long verbal wind age
Hey I enjoyed the video you posted it is always nice to hear a pro back up a proven workflow I believe in...
PS I have jammed with a guitar player that has played and recorded for S D ..Elliot Randal ...long story another time

markno999

Kenny,

Great post..    I like you are playing traditional blues licks and mixing in some "outside" notes as well.   A nice mix of rock and Jazz/fusion.   Makes for much more interesting listening.  Very cool you have such a broad palette of choices to draw from.   

Regards

Hi markno999 ,

I did everything I could to keep it interesting melodically and harmonically...I'm glad that quality of playing showed ..
I still practice and work on new things . One of the nice things about getting older is I can finally play what I wish I could have played when I was younger 
FWIW, it may surprise people to find out that I'm not really a big fan of playing guitar solos that last 4 mins....
I play by their rules over at the other forum and that's how they like to do it over there ...
Thank you for the song listen and the kind words you have said about my guitar playing

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/20 18:09:36 (permalink)
In a word....  schaweet!   

I very much enjoyed that, Kenny.   Whatever your path to get there, in the end it's certainly working.  I'm also getting a bit of a fusion edge with over the top playing that always remains clean, lots of "in-between" melodies, and some really great technique.  

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Serious_Noize!
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/20 21:14:40 (permalink)
WOW MAN! I like that you kept it so clean playing everything and didn't try the easy way by adding heavy distortion and such things, as "COUGH COUGH" some of us may do on occasion to make it sound a little faster!

Sounds great man! The bass line on this makes me think of a spy movie for some strange reason. 

Enjoyed hearing this one very much! That's some serious riffing going on there my friend! 

Keep on Keepin' on!!!!

Bobby

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/21 15:34:59 (permalink)
Coughing means you're pointing out the fake? Interesting! Everything's fake isn't it? 

Kenny, quit the B's you go on about in other posts, this is what you were meant to do.  You are a shred-meister.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Freddy J
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2348
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/22 03:52:33 (permalink)
Masterful!!!  What a treat to hear.  Your playing is something I could only achieve in my dreams.  By the way, I really like the backup instrumentation.  Thanks for the "mini-lesson".  I understood a bit of it but I'll be working on understanding the rest.

Excellent stuff Kenny!
Bert Guy
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1042
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/22 05:44:37 (permalink)
Kenny,

White hot guitar guy nirvana !

I wish I could do that.

Cheers,

Bert

Silence is so accurate

http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=587673

davdud101
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1058
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/24 02:19:13 (permalink)
Awesome stuff Kenny!! I see why you called it Snarky Puppy... totally reminiscent of the crazy jazz fusion/alternative rock antics of band of the same name, if anything >:D

Mics: MXL 990, MXL R80, 2 x MXL Tempo XLRs, Cobalt Co9, SM48, iSK Starlight
Cans: Hifiman HE4XX, AKG M220
Gear: Cakewalk BBL - PreSonus Firepod - Alesis Elevate 3 - Axiom 49
DAW: Win10, AMD FX-8300, 16GB DDR3
kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/24 05:22:35 (permalink)
stevec
In a word....  schaweet!   

I very much enjoyed that, Kenny.   Whatever your path to get there, in the end it's certainly working.  I'm also getting a bit of a fusion edge with over the top playing that always remains clean, lots of "in-between" melodies, and some really great technique.  

Hi Steve ,

I listen to the complexity and arranging styles of some of your music . I have asked my self more than once, how does Steve come up with all of that ? 

I'm very happy you liked my guitar playing on this  it means a lot to me .

Serious_Noize!
WOW MAN! I like that you kept it so clean playing everything and didn't try the easy way by adding heavy distortion and such things, as "COUGH COUGH" some of us may do on occasion to make it sound a little faster!

Sounds great man! The bass line on this makes me think of a spy movie for some strange reason. 

Enjoyed hearing this one very much! That's some serious riffing going on there my friend! 

Keep on Keepin' on!!!!

Bobby

Hi Bobby ,

Don't worry there is absolutely nothing wrong with you computer screen or your musical listening environment .
You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of Musical imagination. Next stop, The Cough Cough  Zone!  
phrase inspired by Rod  S ....w a little help from you ...

I did go into the COUGH COUGH zone a little bit ...
I may have used a little more sustain when I was laying down my guitar part and then backed it off after the fact .
Also I did spend a fair amount of time dialing up a one of a kind signal chain just for my guitar part using 3 rd party effects .....it's all par for the course ....

I'm super happy that you enjoyed my guitar playing on this tune. I certainly had a lot of fun playing over the track . Thank you for your kind words of encouragement . 

all the best  ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/25 18:53:00 (permalink)
eph221

Kenny, quit the B's you go on about in other posts, this is what you were meant to do.  You are a shred-meister.

Hello Dave , 

I'm actually glad you feel comfortable enough to try and mess with me. I guess we are getting along much better these days 

Yes I was born to play like this and then some . I'm very glad you enjoyed my guitar playing on this clip ....

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Wayfarer
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 831
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/25 22:44:50 (permalink)
Obviously more of a jam track than an actual song / tune, but for what it is I think you did a very nice job.

Is the backing track still available? I might blow the dust off my old Roland guitar synth and give it a go sometime.

Bill
post edited by Wayfarer - 2017/07/26 21:40:53
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/28 15:05:45 (permalink)
kenny - this is wild good!  love those guitar sounds - great playing!  

what did you use for organ?

did I mention the guitars are great????  

bass is quite nice, too!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/30 17:40:20 (permalink)

Freddy J
Masterful!!!  What a treat to hear.  Your playing is something I could only achieve in my dreams.  By the way, I really like the backup instrumentation.  Thanks for the "mini-lesson".  I understood a bit of it but I'll be working on understanding the rest.

Excellent stuff Kenny!

Hi Freddy J,

When I went back to school after about 20 years .I had an English professor that taught me not to think.
He insisted that I write what ever my thoughts were for my first draft when looking at a blank sheet of paper ...  
After doing that , only then was I to go back and edit it and find what was there that I wanted to build upon ...
What I have done with his advice has been to always remember it when ever I feel stuck on the guitar .
His advice is what I used for my guitar playing on this jam track
I know by me saying this , it might sound a little weird but,  even I have my days when I wish I can play like this .

I'm very happy you enjoyed what I played   all the best .

Bert Guy
Kenny,

White hot guitar guy nirvana !

I wish I could do that.

Cheers,

Bert

Hi Bert,

White hot guitar guy nirvana ! ?
I thought I was just doing my version of running with the bulls on the guitar neck with my blazing fretwork .
I'm kidding around here  eph may  come back and call me out again ...

I haven't met a guitar player yet in all my years of playing that couldn't teach me a thing or two  
If it was played on a guitar by a guitar player , then anyone could probably play something just like that if that was something they really wanted to play badly enough .
In many cases it is just a question of putting in the time and effort required to pull it off .

Thank you for the song listen and comments

davdud101
Awesome stuff Kenny!! I see why you called it Snarky Puppy... totally reminiscent of the crazy jazz fusion/alternative rock antics of band of the same name, if anything >:D

Hi David ,

WOW there's a Band called Snarky Puppy ? I had no idea ...I may look into it ...
The fella that created the backing track had a video on u tube and that's what he called his backing track .
I kept the name so it can trace back to him ...now I'm still wondering was he with them or doing a tribute ...lol
Hey maybe "they the real Snarky Puppy " needs a guitar player
Thank you for the info , thank you for listening

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

skinnybones lampshade
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 530
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/07/30 23:45:18 (permalink)
Hey Kenny,

So what's the secret? How do you get your brain to work so fast that your fingers can zoom around like that and produce real music and with such nice tone at that? 

What a great number - very impressive and still so musical at the same time - quite the feat! So much skill - hmmm, maybe that's the secret!

LJ

Charlie H
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/01 14:20:47 (permalink)
Since it was a "jam track" I can only comment on the guitar tone and playing. The tone was alright. The playing...well, it sounds like you're more of a clean player who's just dabbling in distortion. That's too say, there were hardly any of the hallmarks of rock guitar. Few if any bent notes, not much sliding into notes, almost no hammerons or pulloffs, no double stops, no sustained notes. There just wasn't much of the stuff that makes a great rock solo great. It was just kind of the same ladder climbing notes over and over and over.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/01 15:28:32 (permalink)
Charlie H
Since it was a "jam track" I can only comment on the guitar tone and playing. The tone was alright. The playing...well, it sounds like you're more of a clean player who's just dabbling in distortion. That's too say, there were hardly any of the hallmarks of rock guitar. Few if any bent notes, not much sliding into notes, almost no hammerons or pulloffs, no double stops, no sustained notes. There just wasn't much of the stuff that makes a great rock solo great. It was just kind of the same ladder climbing notes over and over and over.

Nice try at a Post Troll

Dude go take a Chomp

better luck next time .

Kenny
post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2017/08/01 16:46:40

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/01 16:42:23 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Obviously more of a jam track than an actual song / tune, but for what it is I think you did a very nice job.

Is the backing track still available? I might blow the dust off my old Roland guitar synth and give it a go sometime.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the song listen
Sure the track is still up if you want to play over it ..
Google  Twanger Central and grab the backing track from the SoundCloud player in the opening post from Week # 98.

Beagle
kenny - this is wild good!  love those guitar sounds - great playing!  

what did you use for organ?

did I mention the guitars are great????  

bass is quite nice, too!

Hi Reese,

On this song I'm playing over a backing track so the organ and bass were baked into the track .
I liked the organ that was in the track so I brought it up as much as I could , also I did some tape stop effects on my guitar so they sound sort of like what an organist may play .
I'm glad you enjoyed my guitar playing on this Jam Track ..thank you for the kind word and giving this one a listen

all the best,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Charlie H
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/01 21:03:34 (permalink)
No need for name calling. I don't know what you're so bent out of shape about. I like some of the other things you've posted. This one just didn't do anything for me and I told you why. I just don't think rock is your thing. You seem much more competent playing clean guitar. For most people it's the other way around, so I don't see why you would take that as a slam. Nobody's good at everything.
kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/01 22:23:39 (permalink)
Charlie H
No need for name calling. I don't know what you're so bent out of shape about.

Let me see if I have this right ,
You have the audacity to come to my Home Group Music Forum where I have been a member in good standing for over 12 years & Then you come here with less than a months time on this forum  and you go about insulting  a couple of my friends that have posted their songs and you think that I'm gonna let it slide ? and be OK with it ?

You have no right to make hurtful comments to any forum members / friends and belittle their music publicly ..
Since you already went there with your Caustic remarks to some of the people I care about in their threads ,

As I'm concerned you ARE Now FAIR GAME ...

For the record ,
I'm not bent out of shape at all dude I'm a Class A personality..... I'm simply calling you out  Deal With IT .

As far as your opinion about my music and guitar playing ...
My honest gut feeling is , You can dig or you can not dig ..I don't care one way or the other 

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Charlie H
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/02 01:07:15 (permalink)
Let me tell you what you don't have right. I've not insulted anybody. Why lie about it? People put up tunes for critiques and I gave it to them, honestly, something you have not done in my opinion. I've told them exactly what was wrong with their tracks and their playing or singing. I've not called anyone names. I've not said anything about anyone's intelligence, what they look like, or anything else personal about them. Not one thing! Take your hostile, dishonest attitude and bury it. You keep aiming it at me and I'll start reporting your posts. Got it?
kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/02 04:29:46 (permalink)
Charlie H
Let me tell you what you don't have right. I've not insulted anybody. Why lie about it? People put up tunes for critiques and I gave it to them, honestly, something you have not done in my opinion. I've told them exactly what was wrong with their tracks and their playing or singing. I've not called anyone names. I've not said anything about anyone's intelligence, what they look like, or anything else personal about them. Not one thing! Take your hostile, dishonest attitude and bury it. You keep aiming it at me and I'll start reporting your posts. Got it?

You want to report me here let me give you some real good ammo so you will have a leg to stand on .

Kiss MY A$$, while your at it make sure you close your eyes,  wet your lips and pucker up real good first

You are a lair and a troll ...let me give you some of this weeks highlights ...all your words ...not mine

Charlie H
 I haven't been here long, but it seems I've wondered into a mutual admiration society where crummy musicians pat each other on the back and ignore anyone who actually does something worthwhile.

AndyB01
Charlie H
it seems I've wondered into a mutual admiration society where crummy musicians pat each other on the back and ignore anyone who actually does something worthwhile.

Seems a rather harsh assessment - I wasn't aware we were only supposed to post stuff worthy of airplay. It takes considerable guts to post your music online for others to critique and I have always thought of this as a forum where people can showcase their talent - such as it is - and receive constructive feedback on their work. In my experience, if someone thinks your work can be improved they will say so and offer opinions on how you might do that. If your music doesn't do it for them - they might tell you that too; we just try and do it in as constructive a way as possible.

Oh and if we really don't like something we hear - then we might just not offer an opinion at all.

I hope that helps you understand how the forum works and that you can find a voice here that fits in to the spirit of the place - if so you'll be made welcome I am sure. If it's not for you, then the interweb is a big place...

Charlie H
I hope that helps you understand how the forum works

This isn't 1993. We all know exactly how it works. The web has always been a hangout for the misfits of the world with a gang mentality, and it will never change.

If my assessment isn't for you, then perhaps you had better stay out of conversations that weren't addressed to you in the first place. 

Go report your self for being an A$$HOLE ..Didn't anybody ever tell you you can't shake hands with a closed fist .

dcumpian
Charlie H
Frankly, both vocals were terrible. The guitar was just a wall of distortion with no finesse. The songwriting was very amateurish. That's probably the only bit of honesty you're going to get here, so please take it. Go ahead and call me names like "Simon" etc., but I tell the truth when no one else does, and that's what you need to hear.

Geez dude, everyone started somewhere. Let's hear your stuff...

Dan

Charlie H
I hope that helps you understand how the forum works

This isn't 1993. We all know exactly how it works. The web has always been a hangout for the misfits of the world with a gang mentality, and it will never change.

If my assessment isn't for you, then perhaps you had better stay out of conversations that weren't addressed to you in the first place. 

Charlie H
"Geez dude, everyone started somewhere."

Is this the Beginner's Forum?

"Let's hear your stuff..."

What could that possibly have to do with the song I just critiqued? That's 4th grade logic.

Why don't you put up your tunes your Majesty . Until you do you opinion means nothing SO Go STFU

Charlie H
Your piano / keyboard skills are painfully rudimentary. Just jabbing at the keys is not playing. If I were you, I would take a few years to really learn to play an instrument before posting stuff. Otherwise, what's the point? What I heard was just irritating even on a beginner level.

Honestly you are not gonna get away with anything with me . I don't like the way you are talking to people I care about ..so read my lips

I am calling you out ...
I don't care who you think you are . You don't come into my house and then proceed to $hit and piss all over the carpet while insulting any of my friends with your negative condescending full of it attitude and get away with it   not with me ...

You want to come here to brow beat and bully songs forum members here online ?

All under the guise of doing all us a favor ..Yeah Right ..No Sale I'm not buying that one .
Why not do us all a favor ....Go find another place ..this is certainly not the right place for you ..
PS , They can Ban my A$$ for quoting your Pathetic Little Troll posts ...I don't give an EFF

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Wayfarer
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/02 13:31:50 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the song listen
Sure the track is still up if you want to play over it ..
Google  Twanger Central and grab the backing track from the SoundCloud player in the opening post from Week # 98.

I just joined a website called Jamkazam where I can download all kinds of backing tracks, so I have all kinds of stuff to jam to now. Thanks anyway.
Wayfarer
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/02 17:48:35 (permalink)
The web has always been a hangout for the misfits

I misfit right in then. 
kennywtelejazz
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/02 23:12:26 (permalink)
skinnybones lampshade
Hey Kenny,

So what's the secret? How do you get your brain to work so fast that your fingers can zoom around like that and produce real music and with such nice tone at that? 

What a great number - very impressive and still so musical at the same time - quite the feat! So much skill - hmmm, maybe that's the secret!

LJ

Hello Laura ,

There is no secret . I'm somewhat transparent about some of the approaches I use in my music and guitar playing. I'm perfectly willing to share them openly  .
It all started for me just like everybody else . Self taught at first then I took some lessons , from there I went on to a long arduous journey that even involved a Musical Conservatory Scholarship I drank my way out of  ..
Eventually  I had gotten sober and I made the jump to playing and studying with Name players ...
All of that was OK back then in time yet I felt there was something missing that I could not quite put my finger on..

A personal highlight in my music took place when I took part in an experimental Music program under the guidance and the direction of DR William Schimmel .
During my time with Bill ( a mentor and a friend ) , he had taught me and one other student an overview of the whole Julliard School of Music Curriculum in less then 6 months .

This feat was accomplished by Bill teaching myself and the other student a technique under his direct guidance on how to will our minds and psyches  into an altered state of conscious that involved operating the mind from an Alpha Wave state of Consciousness when it came to Music .  A basic overview of the technique conformed pretty much along the lines of a basic guided meditation / form of hypnosis with a couple of unusual twists ...   
I was given the opportunity to create my own unique Bio Trigger . My Bio Trigger serves as a bridge and the password for me to allow myself to surrender to the process that I was taught . Since I do not hold my guitar pick anything like how most guitarists hold their picks I happened to choose the way I hold my pick as my Bio Trigger
more on that later ....
While learning and performing Music  in this natural altered state of consciousness I had noticed that many of the musical stumbling blocks that I had suffered from were non existent....
All the typical lower level attributes of the mind such as the judgmental mind ,the choice making mind and right or wrong side of the mind  were not even present in this state of consciousness ...  
Everything that I was exposed to musically in this state of mind shone for exactly what it was ...
Every session involved testing ..before and after ...with before trance , I was tested on pitch recognition and  I did rather poorly ...about 50 % ...after trance I was able to consistently hit with an 98% accuracy average ...
Then when I went into a before trance after having been in a trance beforehand my average did climb only a little ...
This taught me a very valuable lesson ...
There are parts of a persons mind that they don't know they have or can use ...even the smallest percentage of tapping into that untapped resource can yield a remarkable transformation of knowledge and ability
Now back to my Bio Trigger ...even though I haven't consciously put my self into an altered state of mind deliberately in years my Bio Trigger still is a gateway to unlocking some of my hidden ability's and talents when it comes to guitar playing ...I trust it , it still works for me and I kid you not when I say this ...
Every time that I play , once having gotten done , I have to sit down and study what I just played
I kid you not , I have to learn how to play my own stuff because I tapped into another part of my mind that for some odd reason the person we all know as  " Kenny " is locked out of

If somebody here thinks that I have totally lost it that's OK , I know it sounds odd or weird ...
The thing is  many years ago there was a guy named Edgar Cayce  who was quite ordinary as a human being in every way except for one area at first ...
Early on he discovered that if he put a book under his pillow he would have the full knowledge of everything that was written  in the book once he went into a semi sleep state of mind ...
This was only the beginning for him . This has been documented thousands of times in front of witnesses that questioned him in great detail at length and wrote it all down
What makes Edgar's ability super interesting to me is once Edgar came out of his semi sleep trance , he had absolutely no knowledge of what had just taken place or what he had channeled ...it all went poof ..
He later went on to do many other things ...I can't get into that here because of the forums TOS...

Anyway today is my moms birthday , she would have been 80 ...
I'm glad I'm talking about these topics today  because not only did she put me in touch with Dr William Schimmel who was a friend of hers , she also worked for the organization that was founded based on Edgar C... works ...

have a nice one ,

Kenny

post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2017/08/03 00:05:40

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Charlie H
Re: Snarky Puppy Twanger Central # 98 2017/08/03 03:46:28 (permalink)
That's it, keep digging yourself in deeper. Stating unfavorable facts about a forum in general or the internet in general is NOT an attack on a PERSON, and you're old enough to know better, so I suggest you quit lying about me and exposing your hate filled self in the process. I'm sorry you're just an okay player, but you are in my opinion. Sheesh, get over it.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1