Snow Leopard?

Author
Cary
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 121
2009/11/28 19:34:21 (permalink)

Snow Leopard?

Hi

I haven't updated anything yet, since it still all works.  I know I'm expecting a lot, but has Rapture and Dimension Pro been updated for Snow Leopard yet?  Most of my hardware hasn't been supported yet, and being that Cakewalk is primarily PC oriented software, I'm not expecting it at this time but would like to know if it's being planned as a future update.

CA

7 Replies Related Threads

Cary
    Re:Snow Leopard? 2009/12/10 23:35:13 (permalink)
    I guess I don't have a Snow Leopard's chance in hell to get an update.  Bye Bye Dimension Pro and Rapture.   This is after 15 years worth of Sonar upgrades.  I guess I'm through here.

CA 
    post edited by Cary - 2009/12/10 23:38:18
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Snow Leopard? 2009/12/11 09:15:18 (permalink)
    Did you try it?

I installed both Rapture and Dimension Pro to a Snow Leopard partition without any issues. 

Although I'm still using 10.5.8 until 10.6 gets better driver support for MIDI/Audio interfaces...

inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    Re:Snow Leopard? 2009/12/12 12:55:10 (permalink)
    Sorry. I missed this thread.
    Dim Pro and Rapture work fine under snow leopard.

I can't, however, vouch for the install ON Snow Leopard, but it seems chad got it working.
    I had them installed on Leopard, and used the upgrade installer for Snow Leopard (if you just slide in the disk and hit install, this is what you'll get).
    Worked fine.

As chad mentioned, you have to pay attention to drivers.
    If you have hardware that uses Core Audio drivers (rather than their own), they should work fine (my Saffire, for example, was fine).

My MOTU Microlite and 828 needed new drivers for Snow Leopard, but MOTU had them a while ago (good MOTU, good...), and they work fine.

What's your audio/midi interface?

- zevo
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Snow Leopard? 2009/12/14 12:50:03 (permalink)
    inmazevo

Sorry. I missed this thread.
    Dim Pro and Rapture work fine under snow leopard.

I can't, however, vouch for the install ON Snow Leopard, but it seems chad got it working.
    I had them installed on Leopard, and used the upgrade installer for Snow Leopard (if you just slide in the disk and hit install, this is what you'll get).
    Worked fine.

As chad mentioned, you have to pay attention to drivers.
    If you have hardware that uses Core Audio drivers (rather than their own), they should work fine (my Saffire, for example, was fine).

My MOTU Microlite and 828 needed new drivers for Snow Leopard, but MOTU had them a while ago (good MOTU, good...), and they work fine.

What's your audio/midi interface?

- zevo

Hey zevo,

How's 10.6 running for you in general?  What are you using for MIDI interface? 

Cheers,
    Chad
    inmazevo
    Re:Snow Leopard? 2009/12/14 21:42:45 (permalink)
    Hi chad,
    I'm loving Snow Leopard, actually. 10.6, of course had some noticeable annoyances, 10.6.1 fixed a few, and 10.6.2 has made it smoother than 10.5.8 ever was for me.
    Other than Logic Pro not being 64bit yet, I'm good. Hehe.

Of course, the under-the-hood benefits like the core scaling and gpu-usage stuff won't be around until 3rd party programmers code for them, but the apple stuff works great. To some degree, I'm actually more excited about apps using all of my cores more than all of my memory. Give it a year, and multicore will just plain fly.

For midi, I use the following (with updated drivers for everything but the apc, which doesn't actually need drivers):
    Edirol PCR-300
    MOTU Microlite
    Akai APC-40
    Korg NanoPad

The edirol works the same as always, as do the akai and nanopad. I honestly haven't used the microlite past installing new drivers and making sure the basics worked. It's my hardware midi interface, and I'm down to 3 from 5 hardware bits, and those three are almost never ON. Hehehe. Not too worried though.
    Cary
    Re:Snow Leopard? 2009/12/22 20:21:29 (permalink)
    Thanks all for posting.  Now that most of my apps and interfaces are working with SL, I'll give it a whirl.

Happy Holidays Everyone,
    CA
    inmazevo
    Re:Snow Leopard? 2009/12/23 10:59:44 (permalink)
    Cool.

If you don't already have it, I'd highly recommend getting superduper.

http://www.shirt-pocket.c...rDuperDescription.html

The basic functionality is free (disk image backups). Simple to use, and works well with Snow Leopard now (in my experience, at least). Make a .sparse image of your system drive, and if anything goes wrong, just boot with the OS X installer and do a restore back to your previous working state.

What DAW are you using (just curious)?

- zevo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1