So I'm Told

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
markno999
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1450
Re:So I'm Told 2011/11/06 17:15:04 (permalink)
Herb,

Good song and production.   Really enjoyable.   Besides the other artists mentioned, I hear a little Willie in there too (Poncho and Lefty).   Top notch.

Regards
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
Re:So I'm Told 2011/11/06 21:10:16 (permalink)
Guitarhacker

Radio: hey thanks.... it's not energy, it's inspiration and the thrill and enjoyment of the process of writing and perfecting the craft and the muse that drives me to write. The more I write, the more I enjoy writing. 

It is a learned process and a skill that, just like playing guitar or some other instrument, takes time, practice, dedication, and a love for doing it. I have come to really enjoy crafting songs. So it has become as natural as breathing to set down, and with a bit of inspiration, begin a new tune. 

Even as I was putting the finishing touches on this one......

The next one has already made it to the DAW. Still writing/finishing up the lyrics. It will be much more acoustic in nature than most of what I have done in the past. It will be finished by the coming weekend. As soon as my co-writer agrees that it is done. 

Oh yeah, I also have a co-writer who is as dedicated and ready to write as I am. 

Co-writing.... I heartily recommend it. It will pull you out of your rut and allow you to see things from a different perspective.

Note: So I'm Told was not a co-write. 

Thats all true but if you don't have that internal energy then you don't get to that next important step which is  inspiration and whatever follows .  
Also you made a very good point which is having a cowriter , two minds are better then one in song writing .

Thats how the Beatles and many other great bands made their hit songs and wrote them so quickly .

Anyway you are a good song writer and guitar player , like with any thing in life you have to practice to get good at whatever it is you do in and enjoy life .

Cheers ! Radio

Guitarhacker
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:So I'm Told 2011/11/06 21:23:00 (permalink)
Markno999: Glad you enjoyed the song.

Radio: sometimes you just gotta push through it all.... 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1