So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development?

Author
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
2014/04/19 12:13:35 (permalink)

So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development?

Website is "gone".

I never really got into it that much because of the slightly winky behavior in 64-bit land.

7 Replies Related Threads

ltb
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2707
    Re: So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development? 2014/04/19 12:39:51 (permalink)
    I don't think he's into websites!
    http://guitarampmodeling....c.php?f=92&t=20429
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re: So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development? 2014/04/19 12:53:22 (permalink)
    It would seem he's not interested in revenue either.

I've now officially given up on this product/company/developer.

Heck, $30 gets me Grind Machine from Audio Assault if I want another avenue for amp/cab sims.
    ltb
    Re: So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development? 2014/04/19 13:31:09 (permalink)
    Seems so.
    I tried it a few years ago, thought it sounded decent but had problems.
    Gave up & never bought it.
    Grem
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    Re: So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development? 2014/04/19 13:42:02 (permalink)
    I will say that close to the end of release the main developer had some very serious health issues. He's lucky to still be around. It was very bad. And from that point on, product development was put on hold and when it started back up, it had to go at a much slower pace than before due to the developer's health.

It has taken a long.time for him to recover. If you look on FB, you can find Head Case there. They have adapted the social media business formula.

Grem

Michael

Music PC
    i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
    Home PC
    AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
    Surface Pro 3
    Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
    ltb
    Re: So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development? 2014/04/19 14:52:07 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear about his health issues.

But seriously, no designated website for a business or product?
    Social media is fine but many detest  & won't go near them.
    Plus there's many free websites available with no real work involved with plugins & features that connect all social media sites together.
    JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development? 2014/04/20 22:50:11 (permalink)
    Friends,

My two rupees on this. Have to come out of another closet if not already exposed and branded as a fanboi of Ken's creations. Nothing I've played has breathed life into a howling guitar like HeadCase. Anyone got anything they think is better, I'm humble, pliable, open minded and here to learn.

There's open discussion/debate about websites vs social media on this site. This is a good global link any guitar player should monitor for updates, thoughts on the major players. AcmeBarGig is in there in the sea of options:

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/index.php?sid=c31651def47c8dc0734424a799b7377f

Grem is correct, Ken had life threatening health meltdown that would have killed or made the majority of us vegetables for life. Slowed progress down but the hint that HC 2 is in the works. Problem is, Ken is such a damn perfectionist it could be the second coming before HC 2 is out, but without a doubt worth the wait.

IMHO, the opening page of Headcase was extreme, square wave clip as bad as any of the major pro contenders except for maybe Scuffham S-Gear.

The beauty of HeadCase is below the hood in the incredible matrix of options to design, refine, publish custom heads. These heads were/are published as .jpg files which carry the programming parameters with the graphic. You select any of the hundreds and hundreds of user jpeg creations, load the graphic and a new head is born.

My opinion only, any credible review of HeadCase is morally justified after having dived under the hood and experienced what the potential is.

Afternote...

Crap, speaking of web pages, can't locate the head jpeg archive on virtual amp stash any more. What a collective loss if it is down.  I had several of my own killer heads under the "Outcast" series public available.

Oh well...

John
    RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re: So, again I ask. Whatever happened to Acme Bar Gig's Head Case development? 2014/04/20 23:09:52 (permalink)
    I tried it out on my old XP (P4) machine. It proved to be too much for it, but Ken did try to help me with it.
    I like the concept. I think I have a few of your heads stashed, John, waiting for a capable machine.
    I was fortunate enough to snag Shred when it was available, and am using it in a few current projects. It was a very tasty freebee.
    I wish Ken the best, and if and when he is able, I will be interested in what he has to offer.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1