So how are you musicians dealing?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
guitardog247
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1226
2010/08/12 23:29:54 (permalink)

So how are you musicians dealing?

In general? with anything? I don't know........ Job, kids, wife, songs, forums, bapus, trolls, cars, neighbors, girlfriends.......

Sonar, Les Paul Studio, FTU, puter, plugs.........

37 Replies Related Threads

Mooch4056
    Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7494
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 00:23:42 (permalink)
    guitardog247

In general? with anything? I don't know........ Job, kids, wife, songs, forums, bapus, trolls, cars, neighbors, girlfriends.......

well - I have a long strory - but I'll make it short 

1. Job - I have a job working 2 days a week at a private school teaching music classes - I use to teach for the Chicago Board of Ed - they made lots of cuts and now I hardly make any money at the new school. On a positive note.... I am "ok" with financial help from my family -- i am also working on building a private music teaching studio - kinda makes earning that  masters in Music education in 2008 somewhat a waste of time - none the less - i am ok and better off than lots and lots of other people - being my bills are getting paid and I am ok under the circumstances   - and looking forward to the entrepreneurship of the music teaching  studio that Bapu is still thinking of a name for - it'll have lessons on any instrument - teen rock band classes - DAW classes - It'll be fun 

2. Kids _ I dont have any - either because I've never been married or my sperm count is low  -  but I have a niece and nephew who live near Bapu (shivers) 

3. Wife - well I dont have one - could be back to the low sperm count issue -- I dunno - maybe I should get it check out by a doctor or meet worthwhile ladies - 

4. Forums - the forums upstairs hasn't  taught me much new in a while - but people in the coffee house are really fun - I laugh and have fun 

5. bapu's.....WHAT!? I dunno. He always has me at a lost for words 

6. Trolls - well there is that one in your other thread   - with the small penis problem you mentioned -- beagle seems to have him under control -- yeah  - trolls are annoying yet harmless 

7. cars- I have a 2007 red ford escape - 51k miles on it -- runs great - I love it - next year it'll be paid off 

8. Neighbors - I have a schizophrenic,  paranoid  neighbor named Lew who checks his mail 25 times a day and walks in and out of his house and drives his car in and out of his parking spot back and forth over and over  on the condo parking lot --  beeping his horn for no apparent reason as he backs in and out -  and when he is done he cleans the gas cap with his handkerchief several times - bapu knows him well 

9. Girls -  If I can date one long enough I might be able to resolve the issues stated in #2 and #3  get married and have kids ect....

well  - that about sums it up 

so Guitar dog -- how's it going with you ?

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
    Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

ericyeoman
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 976
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 06:33:30 (permalink)
    Job           - currently not working.
    Kids          - don't have any.
    Wife          - not married.
    Songs       - a gazillion unfinished ones.
    Forums     - glad the weather thread got locked
    Bapus       - assuming thats a typo, Bagpuss is fine as far as I know.
    Trolls        - they don't bother me, I don't usually fall for it.
    Cars         - can't afford to run one at the moment, don't need one so not missed.
    Neighbors - got some new ones, not met them yet. Got some trouble with the current lot in community housing
                       just a few doors down; noise, shouting, mindlessly throwing things around in the street etc.
                       They'll either stop, or get thrown out pretty quickly.
    Girlfriends - single, so no hassles there, or any of the benefits - such as good company.

But I keep myself occupied and am generally quite happy!

CuBase, Ableton, Steinberg UR-22 MKII, i7-4790K 4.00 Ghz, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, Windows 10. 
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 08:37:07 (permalink)
    1. Job           - Own my own business. Thanks to inept government financial policies and new  mandates  coming down the road shortly,      business has slowed down since my bigger customers are in the healthcare biz and they are scared to spend right now.
    2. Kids          - tow teenage girls.... one headed to college next week the other a HS Junior
    3. Wife          -Got a good one.... been married since 82. First one....last one....we're going the distance.
    4. Songs       - lots of these and more coming.... a bunch signed, still looking to write the CMA Song of the Year.
    5. Forums     - MC, CH, Techniques, Songs, & Gear..... not too much else here.
    6. Bapus       - interesting personality to watch and read.
    7. Trolls        - I especially like the ones in Lord of the Rings....
    8. Cars         - too many.....4 plus my work van.....
    9. Girlfriends - see #3

post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/08/13 08:38:08

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 09:09:04 (permalink)
    1. Job -  The government has cancelled our program and will not be buying as many jets as the USAF wants.  but so far it has not affected me, I've been busy and have even been "encouraged" lately by my boss to work overtime to help get this project caught up to schedule. 
    2. Kids - our youngest one left the house (again) a few weeks ago.  it's a sad situation, he's ruining his life with stuff like Herb found.  I hope he can find his way.  

My oldest called the other day and admitted that he must be a "grown up" now because he has health insurance (he's 24)
    My middle son called and panicked because he was sure his former landlord had kidnapped them during their move from a boarding house to an apartment because they hadn't shown up when he expected them (they don't have a car or phones).  they showed up later and he's ok now.  [rollseyes]
    My daughter had a baby a little over a month ago and she's beautiful.  May God bless that family (they will need it!).
    3. Wife - the lovely Mrs. Beagle has been my best friend and mate since 1990.  she's fully recovered from her thyroid surgery! 
    4. Songs - lots in the hopper.  I have one currently on the songs forum and 2 more that I'm nearly finished with (although I've been nearly finished with them pretty much all summer!) 
    5. Forums - I visit most of them here except I don't go upstairs very often.  can't stand the attitudes.  I'm a moderator at the Christian Song Writer's forum and I occassionally will participate in a few others but not nearly the level I do here.  I sometimes get sucked into arguments with people on the forums when I should probably just ignore them. 
    6. Bapus - let's just say that Mooch better hold onto what he has...that's all I'm sayin' 
    7. Trolls - my definition of a troll is someone who posts only to stir up trouble.  someone who posts what they THINK is helpful but wrong is not a troll in my book.  just argumentative and superior.  true trolls I tend to ignore.  it's the latter personality types that I tend to get into arguments with. 
    8. Cars - my wife's car was just paid off a month ago and my truck will be paid off by the end of this year!  yay!  we're not getting new vehicles and will enjoy the luxury of no car payments for a while! 
    9. Girlfriends - my wife is my girlfriend.  sometimes we go on dates like we did Monday night.  I might take her out for a drink and live music tonite or tomorrow night if she's feeling up to it!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 10:58:24 (permalink)

Job - still feels tenuous after this current project to go live in November, sorta like Beag  
    kids - my son makes music for a living, my daughter is giving birth to my third grandson (probably while I'm in London)
    wife - the two exes are fine as long as they stay twenty yards away (heh-heh J/K)
    songs - working on them all the time
    forums - some say I own this one, wish I had a ha-penny for every post (at least by Beag & CJ)
    bapus - like they said in The Highlander, "there can only be one"
    trolls - those were cute with their yellow and pink hair
    cars - in the last three months I sank more into my car to keep it running than it's worth. New car soon? Probably.
    neighbors - they leave me alone, can you blame them? Actually we live on a small cul-de-sac street with 6 homes.
    girlfriends - the Lovely Lady say I'm only allowed one - HER!

zungle
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2745
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 11:19:14 (permalink)
    Job...............I have more work than I can do thats good.............but I 'm doing all of it for 70% of what I used to, thats bad. 

I do all of everything,billing,bids,installs,toilet cleaning. I used to have employees do that and I could chill. I just literally worked a 33 days straight installing....and doing everything else. 

My youngest son is now helping me full time, he's been a big plus,I just hate dragging him into the construction world.

Kids...I have a 25,20,19,18 and 11 year old.

25 year old has been out of here for years and is semi low maintenance.

20 year old is becoming a problem because he won't go to secondary school or stay at a job more than a few weeks,its all about hanging out and chasing woman.............I never did that

19 Year old is at home ,but works full time and is only a pain in the ass when he present,he could use an attitude adjustment for sure.

18 year old just graduated and is my most intelligent child,he now works full time for me and is joining the" Air Guard". He is very quiet around the house and saves every penny he makes.......But, when he is pissed watch out...huge aggressive attitude.

11 year old is my spoiled little angel(daughter) she will likely go the farthest and do well.........because Dad is now trained better with kids.

Wife.....she's awesome I could write 6 more pages and not cover all she has done for me............and the best part is @ 45 she's still a little hotty. Thats her with me,  a couple years ago( in my avatar)

Forums............I'm still trying to become more laid back and chose my words better. I think i'm doing better, but there is room for improvement. I have a sarcastic view alot of the time and its hard to voice it nicely online.

Bapu........I'm sure he is cool in person, but I honestly don't get or like his humor .

Trolls..........I have to step away from them..................I know that none of them have any real balls . 

And no troll , none ,I've come across, would get smart with me face to face, they would be trolling up with the wrong person there, And they would have  no where to hide. 
    I'm not trying to be cocky  but lets say even at 45, a few young guys around town still call me sir..... 

Actually just last night I took my guard dog out on troll patrol..........

cars?..............my wife just bought a 2010 Kia Forte SX..........pretty cool little machine.........she has a decent job and I was good with whatever she wanted.....but in the end she went sporty with a total eye on budget and fuel efficiency.............Opposed to one upping the neighbors or being snobby or impractical. She did a good job.

Neighbors are super cool.

Girl friends?.............none here my man...............did I tell ya my wifey is little hotty,she is very pretty.

I am a lucky man.

My mom and wife at graduation earlier this year............

Mom on left,wife on right.

Hope all is good with you.......

post edited by zungle - 2010/08/13 11:39:35
    guitardog247
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1226
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 11:46:22 (permalink)
    At least nobody has mentioned having a wife and a girlfriend. LOL.

Job -  good company and people, got a nice raise. My wife wants me to quit when (if) her business takes off. Then I would be a full-time musician (stay at home dad). But that's kind of a big dream (don't tell my wife I said that!). But I support her.

Kids - two young boys and they are really sweet sometimes, and total monsters other times. Still trying to figure out how to deal with them when they are monsters. Parenting is hard. I'm trying to be "zen like".

Music is going really good. I'm jamming with peeps, but haven't found a project to play live yet. And, I'm writing a lot more of my own songs, just need to get them recorded, pretty excited about them.

Forums, trolls - trying not to fall for troll shenanigans. Takes practice. Only visit this forum once in a while..... Bapu's - there's one on every forum...... they are people too!

Neighbors are great, just that I'm not very social. But my wife makes up for it, she is the social one, and so are my kids.

I hate cars, we have one, but try not to drive it. I bike commute to work, all year round. Biking helps me relax and deal with everything.

Well, have the day off today. Back to writing some lyrics for my new tunes. While my kids are still OK, before hell breaks loose....

Sonar, Les Paul Studio, FTU, puter, plugs.........
    Ham N Egz
    • Total Posts : 15161
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 11:50:49 (permalink)
    A/S/L ????
    Job,-- this current job with the university is good. My pay has been frozen for a year with no raises in sight any time soon. The economic outlook for higher education in Louisiana is dismal,
    and layoffs happen every week here.

kids,--none partially from choice and SOs couldnt hav ethem

wife,-- had two stopping there

songs--, LOTS of finished and unfinished sitting in my songs folder, but all are covers ..blues R&B (motown , percy sledge etc) 60s n 70s rock ...

forums,--- love this one for fun and fellowship... GS if i want to cop an attitude, KVR for info

bapus,  --- love this one for fun and fellowship

trolls,-- meh after a while they become irritating

cars,  ahhh love old cars and restoring them , my present ride is a 2009 VW GTI, very FAST there is no road to open it up all the way interstate got to many speed cops

neighbors,  --- I live on a 9 acre "farm" so my nearest neighbor, i can see across the field, is a widower(just lost her husband  I watch out   for them and they did the same for me

girlfriends.... present one is 34 .. like my GTI ..

Green Acres is the place to be
     I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

Soundtrapper
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 11:52:34 (permalink)
    Well I spaced out that so here's a re-do.

Job- Still making chemicals.
    Kids- Just a wonderful granddaughter for a 13 yr old know it all.
    Wife- Of 35 yrs Dec. and she'll still get on the Harley with me.
    Songs- Well I love playing guitar...recording with the PC is
                fun when it happens and when it wants to work.
    Trolls- Part of forum I guess. This is the only place I go and
               they sure enough show up.
    Forums- Mainly here. When I'm not locked out. 
    Cars- Still can't afford one that appreciate's.
    Neighbors- all quiet and they wave. Of course they're all far enough away
                       we don't bother one another.
    Girlfriends - one is enough for anyone I think....my wife's my girlfriend. 
    And Bapu- well he's the bass player

ALRIGHT!  I didn't space out the list!  this time. Did I? (took enough edits)
    post edited by Soundtrapper - 2010/08/13 14:14:36

Sonar 8.5.3
    Win 7 64 bit

Soundtrapper at Mixposure 

Jonbouy
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 12:14:16 (permalink)
    guitardog247

Oo are ya?  The police, Inland Revenue, an ex? I ain't sayin' nothin'... 'cept it wasn't me it must have been Bapu!
    post edited by Jonbouy - 2010/08/13 12:15:25

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 12:26:45 (permalink)
    Jobs- I play a game for most of my income. I win more than I lose.

Kids-  Son is out and on his own and doing okay. Daughter leaves for college in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the best 30 grand I'll ever spend.

Wife- We've been married 22 years and she saved my life. Sometimes she regrets it, and I understand that.

Songs- Working on a collab with some heavy hitters right now, and enjoying the new studio.

Bapus- WAT?

Trolls- Getting involved with them is like kicking a stump.

Cars- Have a couple.

Neighbors- They keep to themselves and I don't kick their dog.

Girlfriends- The wife kinda frowns on it, so I only lust in my heart.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 13:00:33 (permalink)

no one told me we had to admit to that!!!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 13:08:01 (permalink)
    Beagle

no one told me we had to admit to that!!!

You don't "have" to admit it, but if I'm gonna lie, it sure as hell won't be to myself!

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    57Gregy
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 13:11:42 (permalink)
    Job, kids, wife, songs, forums, bapus, trolls, cars, neighbors, girlfriends.......

Work in the Wal*Mart Garden Center.
    No kids or wife.
    Lots of songs 'in progress'.
    Here, Songs, MC, and occaisionally in one of the many SR-16 forums.
    I can't afford a Bapu.
    Plus, they're very high-maintenance.
    I always look under the bridge before crossing.
    1992 Mazda Miata. A great little car. Thirty-seven mpg, and I love driving topless!
    Neighbors, sometimes we wave at each other.
    Girlfriends? Well, I lead a simple, uncomplicated life at the moment, but sometimes...

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 13:23:39 (permalink)
    1. Job - self employed gardener. Very busy, turnover is up 23% on last financial year, so I'm guardedly happy.
    2. Kids - daughter just turned 18, she's a diamond.
    3. Wife - happily married for 22 years next month, she runs her own business, it's getting there.
    4. Songs - just finishing the 2nd SMB CD, loads more in the pipeline, I'm blessed to be working with Larry, and enjoying the occasional collab with other talented folks.
    5. Forums - Songs and here, occasionally techniques. No others outside of CW.
    6. Bapus - Ed's a good guy in my book, I like his style.
    7. Trolls - only good for getting a laugh out of.
    8. Cars - my van plus a 1997 Shogun, just clicked over to 250,000 miles on the clock, original clutch. Love that car..
    9. Girlfriends - yeah, right.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Truckermusic
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1924
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 14:28:41 (permalink)
    1. Job -  just trying to hang on to it.....
    2. Kids -  N/A
    3. Wife -  the Ex and I are 1,200 miles apart and still that ain't enough
    4-Songs- I'm looking for water right now!-
    5-Forums- I do not have much oppurtunity to be with the one I love..CW.
    6. Bapus - Well...never met one
    8. Cars - 2003 ford F-150 with 125,000 on her....and she still starts everyday! Thank you Jesus!
    9.- Girlfreind- trying to get over my baggage to make her my wife!

Clifford

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
    NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
    Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
    Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
    Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
    16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 15:23:57 (permalink)
    Job           -  Hate it, but slog through because it affords me the life I like (after 5pm)
    Kids          -  have none, want none.  Love my niece though, gonna spoil her rotten when she gets old enough to demand toys
    Wife          - Will be procuring one in 6 weeks (and 1 day).  The first one hasn't been seen in 3.5 years.  Not by ME, anyway...
    Songs       - have a huge backlog, without sufficient time to record them due to #1,3
    Forums     - whenever i'm not too busy at work, sure.  This one and the FriendsofOris one
    Bapus       - like my niece: entertaining, funny, but not someone i'd want in my house 24x7
    Trolls        -  i'm envious of their huge, neon hair
    Cars         -  don't need one, i live in the middle of a large city
    Neighbors -  like them, they're quiet and like my noise
    Girlfriends - am keeping away from the plural, and buying her nice, shiny rings.  she's also an actress/singer so she understands my musical needs (and to stay away from them)

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    Ham N Egz
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 16:34:50 (permalink)
    I notice a lot of "exs" mentioned here , myself included....

I heard a great line once..

INSTEAD of marrying and a messy divorce...

just find a woman you don't like and buy her a house......

I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 16:45:24 (permalink)
    Well, I know you're all dying to hear about my extremely exciting life, so here goes...

Job--teaching college students.  Love it most of the time.  For the first time ever, I worked so hard and so much this summer (and it's been so HOT!) that I'm actually looking forward to school starting so I can slow down a little.  lol  But the money I made will hopefully make us a nice driveway and then some!  lol  Can't wait to get to work on more landscaping on our property as soon as the weather cools and a friend can help us with his machinery. 
    Kids--two boys, 25 & 28, are two pretty cool guys.  Youngest desperately needs a raise, but the promised one isn't coming, even though his boss loves him.  Looking for something else now and trying to get into photography full time like his brother.  Which means a move away from here probably. :-(  Two grandsons and one on the way.  Love 'em to death!  :-)
    Husband--just got back from a 6-week trip last night.  He was very happy to see me again.  :-)
    Songs--too many, not enough time.  Can't remember any hobby I've ever had that's been so all-consuming. 
    Forums--obviously I spend too much time here. lol
    Bapu--cool. 
    Trolls--I just use the ignore button a lot. For them and lots of other things too.  For the few around here whose behavior doesn't seem to match their age on their birth certificate, I sorta think it would behoove us all to treat them as the chronologically challenged people they are and use the ignore button a little more. 
    Cars--it's gray and I don't like it, but we sold the one I liked to have money to work on the house.  Blue beater pickup to do all the work on the property.  It works.
    Neighbors--like 'em, as long as the kids don't pick my flowers.  lol

post edited by Janet - 2010/08/13 17:05:37
    Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 19:05:30 (permalink)
    Hi,

Job - With major cable company in database entry and support. 7.5 years and going!

Kids - Don't have any.

Wife - Never got lucky and got married. Not speaking English when you are 18 is not a lot of fun in an English speaking country!

Songs - Mine are poems and bagatelles. Over 400 of them. 457 foreign and art film reviews. I made an effort to make a film about the CHB a la Jean-Luc Godard. Just not sure if the "Weekend" blood splash, or "La Chinoise", or the open building idea came through much at all ... but a film that was crazy would have been fun either way!

Forums - CHS and Prog Archives, and a private forum discussion with a whole bunch of film reviewers ... we trash each other pretty good there too! ... but we laugh a lot as well, and love each other dearly!

Trolls - Sorry ... Everquest didn't do these justice, and World of Warcraft trolls are no fun! They do not say zogzog like so many posts in the CHB!

Cars - I miss my 75 VW Type 2 bus and the cars VW is making these days are ****! I have a 2006 Jetta presently that I am going to unload. It's a piece of tin crap on an engine!

Neighbors - Kinda of a duplex apartment type place. The guy next door used to abuse his wife/girlfriend something fierce ... loud screaming and sort of like she was always wrong ... and he stomped the floor worse than a rhino! Lately they have been rather quiet ... !!!

Girlfriends - Not telling ... some folks wouldn't believe me anyway ... and no I'm not gay. Getting raped at 10 in Brazil was enough, thank you!
    post edited by Moshkiae - 2010/08/13 19:16:02

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

Slugbaby
    Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4172
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 19:57:06 (permalink)
    musicman100

Or do what I did.  When discussing if i'd ever remarry, she suggested that I could enter the venue with Aerosmith's "Back In The Saddle" blasting from the DJ booth...  That's when I knew she's a keeper.
    I don't know if she was joking, but i might find out next month.  

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
    Ham N Egz
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 20:05:36 (permalink)
    Slugbaby

musicman100

Or do what I did.  When discussing if i'd ever remarry, she suggested that I could enter the venue with Aerosmith's "Back In The Saddle" blasting from the DJ booth...  That's when I knew she's a keeper.
    I don't know if she was joking, but i might find out next month.  

Wow well congratulations!!!! she sounds like a keeper, great sense of humour and taste in music!!!!

ohgrant
    Max Output Level: -35.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3966
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 21:09:45 (permalink)
     Work: I like to leave it there, I like what I do and I'm good at it when I'm there but when I'm off, that place no longer exists in my world

Kids: none that I've been told of

Wife: I've had a few, fortunately for me they were someone else's. I look forward to falling in love again about as much as I do catching the black death

Songs: Just getting a workflow going, still learning more about Sonar

Forums: former SC mod, got tired of the drama and deleting so many "peep my beats" post in areas they didn't belong. I haven't really been to any other forums except the CHB forum and MTBS, a stereoscopic gaming information forum for a few months.

Trolls: well yea...sorry about that, I'm trying to keep myself under control

Neighbors: Had a real bad one just loose his house, guy was drunk from the time he woke up until bed time. He was upset with us all because we wouldn't cut his 2 acres of grass for him or repair his tractor after he finally attempted to do it himself when it was already a jungle...of course the belt broke and he was genuinely surprised about it.

Cars: the ugliest green Ford areostar you have ever seen, sure is great in the snow though.

Girlfriends: I have a few friends that I visit on occasion that aren't really into a relationship like myself. One that could possibly threaten my plans of life long bachelordom, easy to stay away there though, I think her son is possessed

Me

Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 21:42:24 (permalink)
    Life goes on. I won't rant on my personal situation. Musicians feel free, the industry is down some. Life is in flux, Love in in flux, the system is in flux, everything is changing, people are grasping for the path.

Craig DuBuc
    bapu
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 21:43:36 (permalink)
    Bapu........I'm sure he is cool in person, but I honestly don't get or like his humor .

Zungle's first mistake. Assumes bapu has a sense of humor and that there is something to 'get'.

Zungle's second mistake. Assumes bapu is a cool person.

Apart from those, Zungle is a cool person as is everyone here.

bapu
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 21:45:39 (permalink)
    Crg

Life goes on. I won't rant on my personal situation. Musicians feel free, the industry is down some. Life is in flux, Love in in flux, the system is in flux, everything is changing, people are grasping for the path.

Craig, you would appear to be attempting to build your life one solder at at time. Have you considered buying flux in a 55 gallon drum?

bapu
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 21:49:39 (permalink)
    Bapus       - like my niece: entertaining, funny, but not someone i'd want in my house 24x7

Why? I swear I would not leave curlers in the bathroom sink. And, I'd only swim in your pool (I know what the toilet is for).

Now Mooch on the other hand, that guy would be trouble from the start.
    bapu
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 21:51:01 (permalink)
    Bapus - Well...never met one

Cliff, I'm here is you need me.
    bapu
    Re:So how are you musicians dealing? 2010/08/13 21:52:03 (permalink)
    Bapu--cool. 

Janet --cooler.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1