Helpful ReplyLockedSo you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!!

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 00:21:10 (permalink)
bobby,its only a forum man.peace and good luck.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Guitarhacker
  • Total Posts : 24398
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 08:53:16 (permalink)
THIS is what got Bobby upset>>  http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2309211

At some point in this, I was listening to a song posted by Guitarbob and realized it was Bobby..... because it was the same song that had been posted 6 months or so ago, and asking for the same advice that was asked for back then. 

here> http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2309387  and here> http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2308585

Bobby has since pulled the song down.

So on a more personal note to you...Bobby:

Bobby, man, I have no issue with you... I have told you this before.... in one of the previous episodes like this where you were at war with the Cakewalk people in the forums. 

You are a talented guy. Your songs and your guitar playing reflect that. But you also have a very short fuse and a very low tolerance for criticism. If you are going to be in the music business, you have to... no, you MUST, get over that. If you approach someone like a publisher who rejects your song because the guitar part is not right for the song, and you blast them, you will quickly get blackballed in the publishing circles and NO ONE will want to work with you....and that means money at that level.

You tend to show up with a new name every few months and post music. Someone says something to help you and you go off on them, or no one replies and you go off on that. Give it a rest, you need to grow up and grow a thicker skin.

If people here  criticize my songs, no big deal. Mostly what I see when I get crits tends to be constructive advise. Even if they are telling me that a certain part is horrible, sounds weird, or simply doesn't fit the song.  I read what they say, and with that in mind, I listen again, more closely to what they pointed out. Is the guitar part sucking.....? Do the BGV fit into the mix or have a weird eq thing going on like they said? Is there other issues I missed but they caught? Pops, clicks, bad edits? Were they...are they right?

ALL of this advise can be taken two ways....One, I could think like you seem to think that they are trying to mess me up and put me down....or I can look at it as objective advice from a different set of ears from a third party with no dog in the fight, and see if what they say is true.

Now, I will tell you this my friend...... the advice I have gotten over the years from SO MANY GOOD AND TALENTED PEOPLE here has been extremely valuable to me in advancing my production skills, and my mixing skills, and as a result, I have seen a huge improvement in the quality of the songs I release from this humble little studio as a result of the advice given to me by the people you are flaming.

I am willing to forgive and forget the past and move forward..... you should do likewise. If people learn from the past and change their ways, I am willing to work with them again.  I also believe that if you came here with a good attitude, and a willingness to learn from what people say to you, this group of people would also be willing to help you out in so many ways. But snapping at, and biting the hand that is offered in friendship will not get you anywhere here, or very likely at the Ableton forums either. Do you really think the people there will be any better, or any different, or more accepting of your attitude, if you have the same attitude over there? I doubt it seriously.

When you are ready to be a part of an adult musician's community, and read the crits and take the good from it, and listen to the bad without flaming the giver of the advice, I think you will have made a huge step, and I also think this Cakewalk community will be willing to work with you and give you good advice.

It's really all up to you. I hope you decide to be a working part of this community.
post edited by Guitarhacker - 2011/05/27 09:13:14

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
jamesyoyo
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3460
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 09:18:01 (permalink)
Herb:

You are a good man, but you are entirely wasting your breath.
Guitarhacker
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 10:04:39 (permalink)
James... this is entirely possible... as I mentioned...I've told him all that previously.

I like to think that people can change for the better....I can hope....

BMI/NSAI

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 12:05:57 (permalink)
jamesyoyo

Herb:

You are a good man, but you are entirely wasting your breath.

I fear James is right, but good for you Herb, that was well put.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 12:10:08 (permalink)

Sorry Bobby for all the pain !

The Zipper Man

jamesyoyo
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 12:13:59 (permalink)
Hey! Guess what? We ARE wasting out time now! He is gone! He said so himself. Never to return.
/sarcasm
Guitarhacker
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 13:42:45 (permalink)

BMI/NSAI

Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 14:11:15 (permalink)
The other night I went to a pub for dinner by myself.
Sitting about 5' from me was a couple in their late 20s having a blow-out domestic.  In the course of 15 minutes it went from a disagreement about whether to put gravy on fries to whether his best friend would help her move out! I have to admit it, the arguements were absurd enough that I was entertained.
Maybe an hour later the couple made up, paid their bill, and left.  The bartender told me that they do this all the time.
So today, as i lurk through this forum, i'm thankful for these blow-outs.  They're online, nobody's getting hurt, so I don't feel bad for enjoying the drama.  And like the couple at the bar, i'm likely to see a repeat in the near future. 

lol, keep it up Bob, come on back now ya hear!
PS.  thanks for the positive comments about my latest song.  I don't mean to knock you personally, this whole topic just seems stupid.
3 questions:
1.  Is there a song idea in this somewhere?
2.  Does this twisted pleasure make me a bad person?
3.  If it does, do i care?

post edited by Slugbaby - 2011/05/27 14:15:11

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 16:48:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kevinwal 2015/10/24 13:05:58
Jonbouy

I like the title.

Agreed, but it could do with a few more Am notes in the chorus.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 16:50:29 (permalink)
I would like to comment, but my massive ego and attitude prevent me from doing so.

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 16:52:14 (permalink)
rockinrobby

I would like to comment, but my massive ego and attitude prevent me from doing so.

That's a great pity - he looks up to you

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

Scottytunes
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5695
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/27 18:08:06 (permalink)
I wouldn't necessarily lose the cymbal or the guitar track.  Instead, I'd turn the major rant into a minor rant, and pull the rage down in the mix so that it isn't so obvious. The rest of the tracks should shine through the mix better after these tiny adjustments and you'll have a real hit on your hands.

This post was possibly a lame attempt at humor, however I can assure you that no Bobby's were harmed or killed in the making.

String Jammer
GuitarBob
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 60
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 00:26:37 (permalink)
Guitarhacker

THIS is what got Bobby upset>>  http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2309211

At some point in this, I was listening to a song posted by Guitarbob and realized it was Bobby..... because it was the same song that had been posted 6 months or so ago, and asking for the same advice that was asked for back then. 

here> http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2309387  and here> http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2308585

Bobby has since pulled the song down.

So on a more personal note to you...Bobby:

Bobby, man, I have no issue with you... I have told you this before.... in one of the previous episodes like this where you were at war with the Cakewalk people in the forums. 

You are a talented guy. Your songs and your guitar playing reflect that. But you also have a very short fuse and a very low tolerance for criticism. If you are going to be in the music business, you have to... no, you MUST, get over that. If you approach someone like a publisher who rejects your song because the guitar part is not right for the song, and you blast them, you will quickly get blackballed in the publishing circles and NO ONE will want to work with you....and that means money at that level.

You tend to show up with a new name every few months and post music. Someone says something to help you and you go off on them, or no one replies and you go off on that. Give it a rest, you need to grow up and grow a thicker skin.

If people here  criticize my songs, no big deal. Mostly what I see when I get crits tends to be constructive advise. Even if they are telling me that a certain part is horrible, sounds weird, or simply doesn't fit the song.  I read what they say, and with that in mind, I listen again, more closely to what they pointed out. Is the guitar part sucking.....? Do the BGV fit into the mix or have a weird eq thing going on like they said? Is there other issues I missed but they caught? Pops, clicks, bad edits? Were they...are they right?

ALL of this advise can be taken two ways....One, I could think like you seem to think that they are trying to mess me up and put me down....or I can look at it as objective advice from a different set of ears from a third party with no dog in the fight, and see if what they say is true.

Now, I will tell you this my friend...... the advice I have gotten over the years from SO MANY GOOD AND TALENTED PEOPLE here has been extremely valuable to me in advancing my production skills, and my mixing skills, and as a result, I have seen a huge improvement in the quality of the songs I release from this humble little studio as a result of the advice given to me by the people you are flaming.

I am willing to forgive and forget the past and move forward..... you should do likewise. If people learn from the past and change their ways, I am willing to work with them again.  I also believe that if you came here with a good attitude, and a willingness to learn from what people say to you, this group of people would also be willing to help you out in so many ways. But snapping at, and biting the hand that is offered in friendship will not get you anywhere here, or very likely at the Ableton forums either. Do you really think the people there will be any better, or any different, or more accepting of your attitude, if you have the same attitude over there? I doubt it seriously.

When you are ready to be a part of an adult musician's community, and read the crits and take the good from it, and listen to the bad without flaming the giver of the advice, I think you will have made a huge step, and I also think this Cakewalk community will be willing to work with you and give you good advice.

It's really all up to you. I hope you decide to be a working part of this community.

This was about getting help for question, not about none of that other BS you keep talking about.

Whatever the case, you are one of the good people out there Herb. I wish you the best always.

Don't worry, Everyone apparently hates me more so than you so your REP is safe.

Is it not WRONG for others who have nothing to do with me all the sudden to FIND THE TIME TO REPLY with harsh remarks toward me all the sudden?

I have no probs with you herb, but you did tick me off with the attitude, I know my user account is on a self destruct mode by replying to this comment, but so be it! 

I guess I'm done with music and these forums. Not nobody's fault, I guess I should have been more "WHOEVER WAS TYPING THE REPLIES TO ME". SORRY.

Take care, best of luck always!

morenoise
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1074
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 03:39:21 (permalink)
Hi Bobby,  you worry to much, pick up your guitar and play.

Greetings, Rik
jamesyoyo
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 07:46:56 (permalink)
GuitarBob

I wont be back after tonight, I felt I needed to respond to some of the flaming going on toward me. 

You said that 1 day and 8 hrs. ago.

Yet, surprise, surprise, you are still here.

Pathetic. Insecure. Childish Infantile. Paranoid. Delusional. 

Jagoff.

post edited by jamesyoyo - 2011/05/28 07:51:05
GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 09:19:17 (permalink)
jamesyoyo

GuitarBob

I wont be back after tonight, I felt I needed to respond to some of the flaming going on toward me. 

You said that 1 day and 8 hrs. ago.

Yet, surprise, surprise, you are still here.

Pathetic. Insecure. Childish Infantile. Paranoid. Delusional. 

Jagoff.

You find the time to reply when you know somebody isn't going to respond don't you, otherwise you have nothing to say unless your talking about how great you think you are. 

Now you result to NAME CALLING. Whatever.

Your the pathetic one. STOP REPLYING IF YOU DON'T WANT A RESPONSE.

BTW: I am logging out now, I am just now leaving. WHO's to say I left the other day. Whatever.....

Have a nice day..............

Peter Rabbit
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1305
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 13:14:09 (permalink)

Hey, don't go...wait...where's everyone going??

I just got here and everyone's leaving!?!?

Dang! I always miss all the fun!

I always like a little bit of drama with my music although I usually prefer a bit more "harmony" than I'm hearing in this thread.

Get it?...harmony...music....thread....ah, well.

"Creating a bad song takes just as much time and energy as creating a good one. The problem is that you don't know it's a bad song until someone tells you, and by then it's too late."
P. Rabbit
drma173
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 752
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 13:29:43 (permalink)
OK  I haven't visit this page in a while...

1ST of all hey Bobby how are you feeling, hope you doing better
2nd of all, this man speakss from the heart he wont b.s nobody 
3rd of all, THIS IS A MUSIC PAGE ANY ONE WHO F***ks WITH MY FRIEND TAKE
IT SOMEPLACE ELSE NOT HERE!!!!!!

sorry for the *****
drma173
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 752
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 13:32:07 (permalink)
ghacker u need to grow up man u still busting people balls
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 13:38:30 (permalink)

Come on everyone give Bobby a break , he means well !

Radio

Dirtyharry53
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 44
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 13:44:23 (permalink)
Good  way to put it Guitar, But never take things on a  posted forum personal, and only leave if you feel ok with it, but don't leave because of others, because many folks have there own little world, and what they say will be from there little world , and with that said, stay if you want to, there will be good folks at times. Cheers"
jamesyoyo
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 15:18:00 (permalink)
GuitarBob

Your the pathetic one. STOP REPLYING IF YOU DON'T WANT A RESPONSE.

Bobby/Falcon/Serious/GuitarBob/Mr. Forever WIP:
Hey, genius? First off, the contraction of you are is you're, not your. And I will reply on anything anytime anywhere. I said nothing to you for years until you siht all over my song thread with your irrational posturing BS. Your level of envy, misdirection, projection and victim-hood could fill a psychology textbook. Sad. And regardless of your threats to leave FOR REAL THIS TIME, doubtless you will indeed read this. Because you cannot help yourself, control yourself, or even begin to see how silly you look.

Seriously, Folks: Bobby is deserving of no break whatsoever. He is simply the online version of a 12 year old girl who is a cutter, and a recidivist cutter to boot. It does come across strange that he has all this time to constantly complain about how he feels victimized, yet never seems to finish a single one of his tired, ridiculous, clichéd hair metal songs.

And that is because he is a jagoff!

Chappel
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2300
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 15:25:41 (permalink)
This thread makes me sad. An argument can never end as long as someone has to have the last word.
rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 15:40:23 (permalink)
I didn't want Chappel to have the last word? I make comments on people's threads, sometimes just praise, sometimes trying to comment with my opinion to be helpful. One has to keep an open mind when one posts their work here... Occasionally I'll just post a pic or a comment to bump their thread if I like it? Some people don't understand this and have excommunicated me, NP. People's silence? Or lack there of can have no effect on one personally, "unless you let it..."

I value (HIGHLY) when people give me advice, just like I appreciate good comments (we all do) and even the hey this really needs work, or I didn't like it? Helps me understand I need to do better. I appreciate "all of it..." Especially the input from the yoyofactory which I find is always helpful. Having a breakdown is never a good thing... And hopefully he (whoever he is, because he said he's not stupid enough to post his real name or something offensive like that since I post mine, and I know many others post theirs too. Why would someone be so paranoid as to be afraid to post their real 1st name?? Weird...) So whoever he his, let's just hope he learns to deal with his psychosis better than he is currently. People can make great strides, but they must seek therapy and take medication. Without that, it's a vicious circle...

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
Jumbicat
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 406
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 17:16:56 (permalink)
ohgrant

This meltdown has been brought to you by...

A+
Root cause of most meltdowns isn't it?

Win7Pro64Bit-AMD-1090t -4 GIG OC DDR3-2k-GTX-465-C300 SATA6-SSD 64G-Sonar 8.5,X2a - Pro Tools Digi-001, a few Axon controllers
http://soundcloud.com/jumbicat
Scottytunes
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 18:04:14 (permalink)
Jumbicat

ohgrant

This meltdown has been brought to you by...

A+
Root cause of most meltdowns isn't it?

Are you sure that isn't Jag Daniels

String Jammer
Scottytunes
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 18:12:38 (permalink)
drma173

sorry for the *****

Spoken like a true punk-ass drama queen who can't spell.  Guitar Hacker had nothing but good advice for your friend, Bobby.  I think you're the one who needs to grow up, Mr. drama173.

String Jammer
Zuma
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 525
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 20:16:31 (permalink)
Scottytunes

drma173

sorry for the *****

Spoken like a true punk-ass drama queen who can't spell.  Guitar Hacker had nothing but good advice for your friend, Bobby.  I think you're the one who needs to grow up, Mr. drama173.

Hey there fellow Vermonter! How are things back in the Green Mountain state? Miss the place a lot and hope to get back in the fall for a visit with family and friends... and then get the hell back to southern Cali where it's warm.

http://zumajunction.bandcamp.com/

"the bus came by and I got on that's when it all began. There was cowboy Neal at the wheel of a bus to never ever land."_

GuitarBob
Re:So you wanted me gone. I'm gone but not with out saying a few things!!!!!!! 2011/05/28 20:50:13 (permalink)
chuckebaby

bobby,its only a forum man.peace and good luck.

You need to stop playing around with opinions and do something with your own music because you are that damn good!!!!!! I don't blame you for not wanting an old  no talent bum like me along for the ride.

JUST DO IT! Yeah you are that good.

Best wishes always.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1