Soft Synth: Addictive Drums

Author
ibaneznut
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 62
2010/07/22 12:37:25 (permalink)

Soft Synth: Addictive Drums

In the middle of a project using Addictive Drums...
I've noticed that whenever I close out Sonar 7 for the day and return the next...the soft synth track has automatically converted itself to a midi track. (Or has bounced itself, even after saving the project) This is preventing me from picking up where I've left off creating my drum track.  Is there any way to stop this from happening?
Right now I'm just leaving my program open all night to preserve the track.

9 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/22 13:55:28 (permalink)
    what you're saying isn't making sense to me.  addictive drums needs a MIDI track and a softsynth track to operate - OR it needs an INSTRUMENT track which combines both into one and the MIDI data will be stored on that instrument track.

and another thing that's confusing is that you can't bounce a track TO MIDI - if you BOUNCE a track it bounces to an AUDIO track, not MIDI.

can you explain more what is happening exactly?

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    ibaneznut
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/22 15:21:56 (permalink)
    My bad, yes you are correct.  It is converting itself to an Instrument track that contains the midi data for AD that you mentioned automatically when I exit the program.  And yes, I am utilizing a midi track and soft synth track for it to operate to begin with.  That part is functioning properly.

Yep, I've bounced a track before and that works fine.  But this thing with the midi and soft synth tracks converting itself after shutting down is driving me nuts.

All I know is when I start up the next day the soft synth (drum grid) track and the midi track are gone and all thats left is one track with the data in it. I'm not losing the audio, I'm just not able to get back to all the work I've done drawing in drum notes and continue the process.
    SongCraft
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3902
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/22 16:13:04 (permalink)
    I'm a little confused!

How are you exactly setting it up ~ inserting A/Drums, to just one 'instrument track' (midi/audio)?

And alternatively, have you tried initial set up of AD thru the SynthRack? , (all outs), that should provide one separate midi track for events (data) and about 8 audio tracks for separation.

This is how I setup (thru the SynthRack) and it never fails, and it never loses previous work (events).

Also, have you checked for the most recent updates and read the release notes?.

Anyway, just trying to help ya' out! When things goes awry and weird it can be frustrating, I hope you get this sorted out soon.  Take care!

ibaneznut
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/22 19:10:11 (permalink)
    No, I have not tried using (all outs) that frightens me right now. Trying to keep things simple as I'm still learning my way around this platform.

Here's how I get started...

Insert - Soft Synths - VST Plug-Ins - Addictive Drums (or SI Drums for that matter)

Then my options box comes up that opens the Synth Property Page and the Synth Rack View. (obviously)
    The boxes I have checked are: Midi Source and First Synth Audio Output.

I'm displaying automation on the First Synth Audio Track.

And the Recall Assignable Controls box is checked.

That's it, nothing more.

After I'm done working in my project creating a drum track by drawing or painting in the notes, I save the project.  That's it, nothing more.
    After saving and closing the project, the next day when re-opening it, the Midi Source track and the Audio Output track are gone and replaced by
    what appears to be a single Instrument Track with my work in it.
    I just want the original Midi Source Track and the Audio Output Track back that I was working in.
    ibaneznut
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/22 19:19:01 (permalink)
    Correction...I just closed Sonar 7 and re-opened it and there is not a single Audio Track.  Both the Midi Source Track and Audio Output track are still there.  But the drum grid is gone and my work appears in the Midi Source Track in the form of Midi.  I need the grid back to continue my project.

I did find that I could open up another AD track and do a "drag move" and that gives me my grid back, but not the original.  But I believe I shouldn't have to do that.
    post edited by ibaneznut - 2010/07/22 19:29:38
    ibaneznut
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/22 19:41:04 (permalink)
    Never mind.  Forget I even asked this dumb question.  As long as I can continue to work on my drums in the Piano Roll view (which I've discovered I can) then the problem is solved.
    I didn't know that I could do that.  Nothing is lost. Duh!
    Thanks for bearing with me.
    SongCraft
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/22 20:24:19 (permalink)
    OK! Open a new project (test AD) and try it my way; open the 'SynthRack' and click the option 'ALL'.

I guess the issue may be the 'First-Synth' option, AD and SHS7 may not like that option.  First-Synth is usually meant for single stereo outs for virtual synths such as; GrooveSynth.

SongCraft
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/22 20:26:35 (permalink)
    ibaneznut

Never mind.  Forget I even asked this dumb question.  As long as I can continue to work on my drums in the Piano Roll view (which I've discovered I can) then the problem is solved.
    I didn't know that I could do that.  Nothing is lost. Duh!
    Thanks for bearing with me.

Ah! OK! Just got you last post. And yes, that's where all the action/events are; PRV,

Daylaa
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re:Soft Synth: Addictive Drums 2010/07/23 05:12:26 (permalink)
    That's what i love about this forum - you can often 'talk yourself' out of an issue - you just needed to write it down first.

Sonar X3 Producer
    Rain Computer's Nimbus Z2 I7 Processor
    32GB RAM
    Windows 7 Pro

Solid State HD
    M Audio Audiophile 192
    M Audio Studiophile BX5a Deluxe's

Edirol PCR 500
    Melodyne

3 External HDrvs

I am 'I Woke a Giant' Hear my stuff at:
    https://soundcloud.com/i-woke-a-giant