Soft Synth in Track Folder - weird CW Sound Center sound!?

Author
mkxxx
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2012/07/21 09:03:18 (permalink)

Soft Synth in Track Folder - weird CW Sound Center sound!?

Hi, I could't find anything on this in the forum:
I created a MIDI track, put in a few notes, routed to the Soft Synth CakewalkSoundCenter to play the patch 'Arabian Nights'. This worked nicely. I added another clip to this MIDI track later in the project. I was dragging this clip closer to the previous one, when my shaky hand accidentally dropped the MIDI clip into the Synth Track Folder precisely one track below the MIDI track I was aiming for, slightly overlapping the previous track's latter time section.
I got no error message, instead, the clip was displayed in the synth track folder, so I hit playback and listened. I was happily confused by the fact that first the Arabian Nights sound came from the MIDI track, and when playback came to the overlapping bit in the synth track folder, the sound changed weirdly, yet enhancingly for the project.

My limited synthesizer/MIDI knowledge tells me, that somehow the synth is playing/warping the synth (I'm aware that soft synths can be used in the fx bin - but I don't understand any details).

Can someone explain to me, what the clip in the folder is doing to the MIDI track, please? Could you also help me to understand this way of deploying a soft synth deliberately, i.e. which synths can be used this way, which synth parameters are well-suited to trigger (if that's what ther're doing) the MIDI track, please? I suppose it's what an analogue synthesizer's knobs and wheels do, but I'm a bass player by nature ...;-)

Intel Core™i5 2500 PC1155 6MB cache 3.3GHz | ASUS P8P67 1155 ATX DDR3 P67 Rev. 3.1 | 4x4GB Kingston DDR3 PC1333 CL9 | Sapphire HD6570 Ultimate | 120GB Intel 520 SERIES SSD SATA3 | 2x1TB WD SATA HDD 7200 64MB | Edirol FA-66 daisy-chained with Cakewalk SPS-66 | Sonar X1 Producer (X1d patch - still not happy!) | Win7 HP 64bit | Roland R8 | Tascam 38 | Schack headless bass | Line6 POD 2 | Marshall: JMP-1, Monobloc 9100, 2x1912 cabs | "Fender" Lite Ash Strat | ciao, mkxxx

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1