[Solved] Groove Clip Stretching Problem ??

Author
gfbentz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2017/06/05 23:40:52 (permalink)

[Solved] Groove Clip Stretching Problem ??

I searched the forums and this is a known issue, but I can't seem to find a firm answer, just a bunch of guesses. The threads I found were rather old, so I am submitting the issue again

Here my dilemma:

I started a new project, set the BPM to 120 and the time signature to 3/4. (this doesn't happen to time signatures that are multiples of 4 like 4/4)

Recorded a few bars, trimmed it down to the best four bars, and apply groove clip looping.

And the length of the clip stretches to like 6 bars. I look in the transients audiosnap stuff, and Sonar thinks the bpm is 160 and the time signature is 4/4. I read the manual, reset the numbers to the correct values, freeze the track as advised in the manual, the apply groove clip looping again and it stretches it again. look at the transient menu, numbers are correct.

So far, the only thing that I can do with the clip is copy and paste it (ugh).

Seems to me either I am doing something wrong (very likely, I'm a newbie) or this is a bug.

Can anybody help?

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Groove Clip Stretching Problem ?? 2017/06/05 23:45:25 (permalink)
    Open the clip in the Loop Construction View and correct the beat count. By default double-clicking an audio clip opens it in the LCV.
    gfbentz
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Groove Clip Stretching Problem ?? 2017/06/06 00:43:48 (permalink)
    I'm sure tried that before (the LCV thing), but I tried it again on your advice, to no avail.
    However, I felt sure you were correct so a created a new song, dragged in the same clip  and tried changing it in the LCV and it worked! I must have unknowingly changed something while flailing along blindly.

Thank You!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1