Helpful Reply[Solved] Rapture pro instruments no sound - rapture pro factory content + others

Author
paulshwk
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2015/08/26 13:45:34 (permalink)

[Solved] Rapture pro instruments no sound - rapture pro factory content + others

I changed my HDD in my PC from using an SSD with a second HDD to a single larger HDD.  Previously I stored everything for Sonar X3 producer on the second HDD, apart from the program itself.  I've now purchased platinum and reinstalled it all on my single HDD, and rapture pro is trying to install some files to the now non-existent drive (I believe these are the sound files for the instruments).  I created a partition on the drive to try and get around it, and it installed, but rapture pro no longer plays the instruments - well, the odd thing is it seems to play random instruments but these are not the same each time.  I'm happy to install everything again, but I think I need the installation from the command centre to put everything on my new 'C' drive rather than the second drive.  Not sure if I explained this too well, but looking around at other forums other people seem to be having similar issues with rapture pro not finding sound files.

edit: added [Solved] to subject line - sc
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Rapture pro instruments no sound - rapture pro factory content + others 2015/08/26 14:18:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby paulshwk 2015/08/26 15:12:04
You can uninstall and reinstall everything if you wish, the RPro installer prompts for directory locations or you can edit the registry and update the location in SampleDataDir in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software. SampleDataDir contains the path above "Rapture Pro." In my case, the Rapture samples are in the default directory "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples" so the entry in SampleDataDir is "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data"

paulshwk
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Rapture pro instruments no sound - rapture pro factory content + others 2015/08/26 15:04:27 (permalink)
Brilliant.  It worked a treat.  Thanks for your help.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Rapture pro instruments no sound - rapture pro factory content + others 2015/08/26 15:10:00 (permalink)
you are welcome
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1