(Solved+Tips)Dimension Pro Elite expansion pack installation (Vol 1-12 ok, Vol 13 problem)

Author
tomixornot
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1674
2011/11/18 15:28:47 (permalink)

(Solved+Tips)Dimension Pro Elite expansion pack installation (Vol 1-12 ok, Vol 13 problem)

I've edited this post, and shall begin with the Tips. My original problem can be read after this section.

DSF Vol 1-12 (from the DSF Elite packs 1-13) installs fine, but Dim Pro 1.5 did not shows Vol 13 in it's program browser.

----Tips to make it work

DSF Vol 13 install files into 2 folders :

1st folder :

C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Digital Sound Factory Hip Hop Producer\  

This folder contains *.sfz files

and

2nd folder :

C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\Digital Sound Factory Hip Hop Producer\ 

This folder contains further subfolders such as Bases, Drums, Guitars, etc..
   and inside these folders are the *.prog files (the files you see when you select a program within Dim Pro)

To make DSF Vol 13 works in Win 7 64 bit / X1 64 bit

Step 1 of 2 :

Copy the 'Digital Sound Factory Hip Hop Producer' (*.sfz files) folder from

C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\ --> Digital Sound Factory Hip Hop Producer\ (folder) 

to

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\

..after copying it should be :

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples\Digital Sound Factory Hip Hop Producer\  

Step 2 of 2 :

Copy the 'Digital Sound Factory Hip Hop Producer' (subfolders and *.prog files) from

C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\ --> Digital Sound Factory Hip Hop Producer\ (folder)

to

C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

..after copying it should be :

C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs\Digital Sound Factory Hip Hop Producer\

NOTE : The 'programs' copy is actually documented here

http://www.cakewalk.com/S...reader.aspx/2007013168

..in point (1) of the above link, it ask to run Dim Pro 1.5 update again, but for some reason, it doesn't work for me.

..in point (2) it mentioned to manually copy *.prog files into C:\ProgramData

BUT, what is not mentioned is that the C:\ProgramData is hidden by default.

To make C:\ProgramData visible, simply

- click my computer
- click (highlight) local disk C:\
- on the top menu, select Organize->Folder and Search Option-> select View tab
- click on Show hidden files, folders and drives, OK and done.

Then either restart X1 or within the Dim Pro program browser, press F5 to refresh the programs.

-----my problem I have just purchased the DSF Elite Pack (Vol 1 - 13) for Dimension Pro.

Vol 1 till 12 installs fine and I'm able to test the sound via Dimension Pro program browser. 

However, I was not able to view DSF Vol 13 via Dim Pro program browser at all.

Has anyone installed DSF Vol 13 successfully ? 

I also read that Dimension 1.5 users needs to run the Dimension 1.5 update from the DSF expansion pack page :

-- but for Vol 1 to 12, the expansion was able to installed and run succesfully without having to update anything.

-- and for Vol 13, when I try to run the Dim Pro 1.5 update, I cannot complete any update, as the message mention that it cannot locate the require version for the update.

Note : The update program asked for both previous and current version of vst folder, in which I enter both as the default vst folder as X1 Pro already came with Dim pro 1.5 :

Default vst folder = C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\

I tried to contact support, but there is an error like broken internet link when I try to post the web form.

I've also noticed Vol 1 - 12 install files into 
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples folder

while Vol 13 install files into
C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples folder

I tried to copy the DSF Vol 13 from ...(x86)... folder to the folder where the rest of Vol 1 - 12 are installed, including the "Programs" folder (for Vol 13) as mentioned in this support knowledge : http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/reader.aspx/2007013168

but it didn't seems to work - Dim Pro did not see Vol 13 after doing this step (did also press F5 to update the program browser).

Also, while there is a "Programs" folder for Vol 13

C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples
C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs

I did not find a matching "Programs" folder for the rest of Vol 1 - 12

It has the following :

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Documentation
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Multisamples
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Resources

It's a bit long here.. I'm trying to be as detail as possible.

Thanks in advance.

post edited by tomixornot - 2011/11/18 22:37:49

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1