Some crashing -- probaby my system, but ...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 01:17:38 (permalink)
JenksTer

ba_midi

JenksTer

Just to crash (sorry..) this thread. I've had several crashes within the last 12 hours. I don't see it as too bad as 8.5.3 was never that stable for me.
The entire 8.x releases were very stable for me, though - and 8.5.3 was extremely stable for me.

I'm not feelin' good at the moment about these crashes.

Sonar has always crashed at least once a day for me. If I could be bothered to buy a new interface to give reaper a spin on a different machine I would. But these updates are always at the end of the year for Sonar, And I'd rather look foward to Christmas than a new DAW....

Well, again I'll say Sonar has been extremely stable for me for a long time now - right up untiil now.  I've been through the crash syndrome before though - especially around version 3.something.   So I know things get worked out.

It's just frustrating to happen so repeatedly in just about 24 hours.  

I'm quite sure my system is solid - as it has been for awhile.   There may be something new going on in X1 that causes a conflict for me, but I don't know just what, if that's it, just yet.

I guess I didn't expect it to crash this much so soon.  I haven't even done anything serious with it yet. 

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk]
  • Total Posts : 2084
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 01:22:26 (permalink)
Hey Billy,

What OS are you running?
ba_midi
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 01:45:38 (permalink)
Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk
]

Hey Billy,

What OS are you running?

XP PRO 32bit, 4G RAM (/3 switched), Quad Core 2.4GHz, P5B Plus Mboard -- all drivers fully up to date.

I'm going to try to debug this more of course.  I'm sure this can be solved.

I'm kind of suspecting migration issues, but not sure yet.

I did get one "out of memory error" playing with Screensets a lot, if that helps in any way.

And again I'll say - I KNOW THIS WILL WORK OUT as it always has.   My whining should NOT be considered a diss to X1.

I still am looking forward to making a lot of music with it.   Problems happen, as we know.  But in no way do I intend to not make this work.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

ba_midi
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 01:48:16 (permalink)
I've changed the subject title just to be a little more considerate so it doesn't sound so scary to others.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 02:09:48 (permalink)
ba_midi

Bub

Billy, don't worry, after the normal 2 updates to fix your crashing that won't fix anything, you'll be able to upgrade at this time next year to X1.5 for the super low rate of just $99 + $99.99 if you want the DVD's shipped to you. I'm basing the DVD rate of increase off what it was this time around. $8.95 to $29.99.

Just kidding Billy. I'm sure it's nothing wrong with X1, it has to be something with your hardware. You may need to upgrade or get a professional system from Studiocat.

LJB ... that was hilarious!

All in good fun.

Heh, funny bub :)

I'm sure my system is fine.  I'm sure version 1.0 of any software is not ;)

Don't want to be disagreeable Billy but SONAR X1 is not a version 1.0 of anything.  A new GUI hasn't changed the underlying code which has been built on since wha;t SONAR XL? or even Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 if not earlier. Apart form the GUI there should have been a ton of bug fixes - its not like they don't know and had to go test the software. they must have a bug list that rivals the lines of code. Sorry but in my mind the new GUI doesn't excuse any new bugs at all and its not V1.0 for sure. If you haven't guessed i'm cranky as its another year and I did it again and ordered the update and now I'm caught up in the annual fun of Cakewalk eStore interaction hijinx. It's a new game that's been in beta for several years and this year went into V1.0 as a full release.

The idea is that folks order a product online and the seller sees in how many bizarre and unusual ways they can break down a process that so many other eStores have got down to a fine art with nary a hiccup. The customer in this adventure gets to write lots of emails to lots of different people. Mind you they get to write the same email over and over. The highlight comes when you finally break through and communicate thinking you're on your way to a solution. And here comes the clincher for this light comedic online game, you haven't really got a solution you're just in the grips of the game master who continues to find more new and unusual ways to disrupt your enjoyment and prevent you from getting to your goal ie receiving the product that you checked out and paid for. The show hasn't made it to prime time but every year during the non-rating period they do the reruns with some new and many old contestants lining up to take part in the hijinx.

This year's game has been rated one of the best of recent times. Contestants around the world have rated this years effort as one of the best virtual reality, multi player games that's come along. The odds are stacked against the contestants as the games master gets to change the rules at any time without declaring them but every time a new contestant pays their entry fee and the turnstile clicks +$99 the board room erupts into cheers from the games master and his cohorts wondering if they can do it to you even better next year.

We return to our normal programing:-(

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
SongCraft
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3902
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 02:32:37 (permalink)
ba_midi

Seth Perlstein [Cakewalk
]

Hey Billy,

What OS are you running?

XP PRO 32bit, 4G RAM (/3 switched), Quad Core 2.4GHz, P5B Plus Mboard -- all drivers fully up to date.

I'm going to try to debug this more of course.  I'm sure this can be solved.

I'm kind of suspecting migration issues, but not sure yet.

I did get one "out of memory error" playing with Screensets a lot, if that helps in any way.

And again I'll say - I KNOW THIS WILL WORK OUT as it always has.   My whining should NOT be considered a diss to X1.

I still am looking forward to making a lot of music with it.   Problems happen, as we know.  But in no way do I intend to not make this work.

Just a rough guess:

That 'out of memory error' might be a graphics card issue.

What card are you using and at what screen resolution?

Not sure but the reason why I think it might the be graphic card is because not everyone is experiencing the crash thereby it might be related to something such as the graphics card or something else (settings, or windows sys file needs updating), something is conflicting, causing you to experience these crashes whilst other users don't have this crash issue.

-

ba_midi
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 02:41:36 (permalink)
Just a rough guess: That 'out of memory error' might be a graphics card issue. What card are you using and at what screen resolution? No sure but the reason why I think it might the be graphic card is because not everyone is experiencing the crash thereby it might be related to something such as the graphics card or something else (settings, or windows sys file needs updating), something is conflicting, causing you to experience these crashes whilst other users don't have this crash issue.

I agree that I'm not seeing many report crashing, so I guess I just got unlucky here lol.

Again - I know this will get worked out.  So some of my frustrations are just a bit overboard, I'm sure.  I apologize to everyone for that.

I'm looking at everything now ... video is definitely one area, though it's not been a problem before.

It's a Radeon 1300/1550 series PCIe btw.

I have dual monitors. 

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

mudgel
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 02:42:10 (permalink)
Billy are you on XP SP3 or SP2?
SONAR X1 needs SP3 from memory.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

ba_midi
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 02:43:53 (permalink)
mudgel

Billy are you on XP SP3 or SP2?
SONAR X1 needs SP3 from memory.

SP3 Mike.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

mudgel
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 03:02:42 (permalink)
One less thing to check then. i haven't got mine yet to test so can't offer any other suggestions.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

ba_midi
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 03:09:17 (permalink)
mudgel

One less thing to check then. i haven't got mine yet to test so can't offer any other suggestions.
Aside from the problems I'm having, there really are some cool/good features in here ;)

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

SongCraft
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3902
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 03:12:27 (permalink)
ba_midi

Just a rough guess: That 'out of memory error' might be a graphics card issue. What card are you using and at what screen resolution? No sure but the reason why I think it might the be graphic card is because not everyone is experiencing the crash thereby it might be related to something such as the graphics card or something else (settings, or windows sys file needs updating), something is conflicting, causing you to experience these crashes whilst other users don't have this crash issue.

I agree that I'm not seeing many report crashing, so I guess I just got unlucky here lol.

Again - I know this will get worked out.  So some of my frustrations are just a bit overboard, I'm sure.  I apologize to everyone for that.

I'm looking at everything now ... video is definitely one area, though it's not been a problem before.

It's a Radeon 1300/1550 series PCIe btw.

I have dual monitors. 
Minimum screen res for Sonar X1 is: 1280x800

Yeah I hope you get this worked out soon. 

Sorry I can't be of much help! I'm no Star Trek science officer, coder or gamer, heck I'm not even a bellboy!

ba_midi
Re:2nd Crash in less than 12 hours ;) 2010/12/09 03:16:54 (permalink)
Minimum screen res for Sonar X1 is: 1280x800 Yeah I hope you get this worked out soon. Sorry I can't be of much help! I'm no Star Trek science officer, coder or gamer, heck I'm not even a bellboy!

Greg, fwiw I'm at 1680 x 1050 on both monitors.

And, I appreciate your helpfulness/thinking.  That's what many of us do here, try to help each other.  So I appreciate it.

This will work out.  When I was about 5, just before I started playing an instrument, I wanted to be a detective LOL

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1