Some excellent tips about producing and mixing electronic music

Author
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
2014/06/28 14:56:37 (permalink)

Some excellent tips about producing and mixing electronic music

I just came across this post on Gearslutz which gives some superb advice and tips on producing and mixing synthesized and/or sampled music. Nothing here is written in stone and of course plenty of room for debate, but some of the tips here really made me think. Especially tip #2 about overproduction. I think what happens to a lot of electro beginners (including me) is that they watch a lot of mixing tutorials which are specifically geared towards the production of "real" instruments (miked or otherwise) and they come away with the impression that every track needs a ton of compression and EQ, whereas of course when you're working with synths this simply isn't the case most of the time (apart from some LPF/HPF to carve out the frequency region you need, and maybe a little light compression to tame the peaks of some of the more unruly synth patches). 

Anyway well worth a read, as well as the subsequent discussion. 

http://www.gearslutz.com/...-music-production.html

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1