Some feature suggestions to the following SONAR builds............. for more user-friendly

Author
parco
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 92
2017/05/22 15:43:49 (permalink)

Some feature suggestions to the following SONAR builds............. for more user-friendly

• More toolbars in the keyboard lane dialogs respectively, not just the toolbars in the main window.
  • Event inspector in the keyboard lane dialogs respectively, not just the one in the main window. More editable parameters in this keyboard dialog event inspector, for all notes, CC commands and automation commands, and support group modification for multiple selected.
  • Support more group editing and batch process for multiple selected.
  • Individual regular wave editor popup dialogs (not loop construction view), some kind similar to the one in cubase or Sound Forge, with basic audio editing functions like fade, auto trim/crop, channel convertor, DC offset, mute, offline FX apply, etc.......
  • Fader automations selective base on dB or linear.
  • more editing functions and toolbars in event list and tempo editor, especially batch/group editing like group modifying and compression/expansion.
  • Draw-able new midi clips without midi recording.
  • optimize the screen for small resolution monitors, notebooks and tablets.
  • A new more stable and flexible export output range selector, like loop selector or punch selector, which is differentiated from the general selection, never be cancelled by click other places, and auto export all tracks if no tracks are selected.
  • Quick selective upsampling multiples for FX plugins and instrument plugins like 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, etc......
  • fix the bugs of audio export encoding.
  • integrate with Izotope MBit+ dithering and Izotope 64bit SRC resampling if possible.
  • support encoding AAC and the open format Opus exporting if possible (maybe migrate the export encoding engine to FFmpeg which support MP3, AAC, Opus, wma, ALAC, real audio, FLAC, Ogg, DSD, etc.......? Even the freeware Foobar2000 uses FFmpeg...)

Glad to see if any of them are going to appear in any future SONAR builds..........

4 Replies Related Threads

ibediggin
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 268
    Re: Some feature suggestions to the following SONAR builds............. for more user-frie 2017/05/22 15:46:19 (permalink)
    FADER AUTOMATION WOULD BE FANTASTIC

amd 10-6700 apu, 3.70 ghz,24gb 16gb usable.
    sonar platinum 64 bit operating system latest upgrades
    .komplete audio 6
    WINDOWS 10
    parco
    Re: Some feature suggestions to the following SONAR builds............. for more user-frie 2017/05/22 15:52:06 (permalink)
    ibediggin
    FADER AUTOMATION WOULD BE FANTASTIC

ya, sometimes I just want a simple linear level of straight slop line automation of master bus fader, which sound volume is fading out stably in same-speed volume decreasing....... 
    Tim Flannagin
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 132
    Re: Some feature suggestions to the following SONAR builds............. for more user-frie 2017/05/22 16:25:39 (permalink)
    I'm still looking for the "Do What I meant to do" button. Other than that, I don't need much. 

Dell Precision T5400, 2 Xeon E5420 CPUs, 32 GB ram, 1 X 750 GB HDD, 2 X 1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX750 , M-Audio 1010LT, Roland GR-55, Novation SL MKII 49 , Arturia MiniLab, Arturia Spark Creative Drum Controller, '77 Gibson Les Paul Artistan, Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ GK-3, Fender Stratocaster, Dean Exotica Acoustic, Cakewalk Sonar Platinum Lifetime, Arturia  Synths galore!, Cakewalk Synths galore!, M-Audio BX-5a monitors, a couple of cheap mikes, a dubious quality desk, several shady characters hanging in the studio, etc....
    parco
    Re: Some feature suggestions to the following SONAR builds............. for more user-frie 2017/05/22 16:58:30 (permalink)
    Tim Flannagin
    I'm still looking for the "Do What I meant to do" button. Other than that, I don't need much. 

Who doesn't want that indeed.
    But before that comes, still better more tools and more toolbars than now, for editing (usually offline), SONAR has still lack of instant tool buttons for advanced editing especially inside individual dialogs....... comparing to its other competitors........
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1