Some ideas for improving MIDI editing in Cakewalk

Author
a13xhp
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 107
2018/06/19 17:40:21 (permalink)

Some ideas for improving MIDI editing in Cakewalk

First of all thank you Bandlab and team from bringing back Cakewalk from the dead. I would like to comment some ideas for improving the PRV behaviour:
1 - A shortcut for duplicating MIDI notes is really needed: the Pattern tool is useful but many DAW have a quicker way to copy and paste items with a single command. For example in REAPER is Ctrl+D, in FL Studio is Ctrl+B and in Studio one is simply done by pressing D.
2 - The drum mapping system is a bit outdated. I think that being able to write the note names directly into the vertical keyboard of the PRV is faster than doing it with the drum map manager&drum panel system.
3 - In most cases you don't want to hear the notes when you are painting fast patterns. Personally, hearing the notes when you are using the Pattern tool, in paint mode or by pressing ALT Gr is annoying and adding a function in "notes" for made it optional would be great (and untickable "audition notes" lane will be enough).
I expect great things from you guys and I also hope that my post is understandable with my current level of English.
Thank you!
post edited by a13xhp - 2018/06/19 18:48:28

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1