Something New - Dreaming

Author
Dazed
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 665
2005/02/27 19:01:31 (permalink)

Something New - Dreaming

Sorry I have not posted much here in the last two weeks. We are finishing up 3 new ones. This one was just mastered today. The other two should not be far behind. This was written by my partner Floridamusic and I just did the vocals/lyrics. Hope you guys like it.

Dreaming

***edit*** as pointed out below this has a 40 sec intro or so. Fast Forward accordingly hehe!
post edited by Dazed - 2005/02/28 21:27:37

4 Replies Related Threads

Richard Brian
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3519
    RE: Something New - Dreaming 2005/02/28 20:36:47 (permalink)
    It gets off to such a slow start, I almost turned it off, but that because my attention span is shorter than that comma. The timing ebb and flow is attractive. I understand what you're doing with the organ, but it's mostly distracting to me. Very cool tune.
    Dazed
    RE: Something New - Dreaming 2005/02/28 20:42:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Richard Brian

It gets off to such a slow start, I almost turned it off, but that because my attention span is shorter than that comma. The timing ebb and flow is attractive. I understand what you're doing with the organ, but it's mostly distracting to me. Very cool tune.

I probably should have posted that lol. My partner did a long intro on this. I think it starts at about :40 seconds. I should probably have the edited version lol.

Thanks for listening and posting some feedback. It is appreciated.
    Rasmuth
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 164
    RE: Something New - Dreaming 2005/03/01 09:24:54 (permalink)
    a little bit of a departure from you're usual stuff...yet it retains your "signature" sound...the vocals are stellar...I really like the tonal quality of your voice and the performance is right on.

The organ works for me...fits in very well. I liked the repeating lyrics just before the solo. The song is solid on all fronts...performance and mixing/mastering.

The acoustic guitar sounds nice...how did you record it?

though the cymbals seem a little hot at 3k...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=250426

Everyone has a song inside, some of us choose to let it out.
    Dazed
    RE: Something New - Dreaming 2005/03/01 19:06:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Rasmuth

a little bit of a departure from you're usual stuff...yet it retains your "signature" sound...the vocals are stellar...I really like the tonal quality of your voice and the performance is right on.

The organ works for me...fits in very well. I liked the repeating lyrics just before the solo. The song is solid on all fronts...performance and mixing/mastering.

The acoustic guitar sounds nice...how did you record it?

though the cymbals seem a little hot at 3k...

Hi Rasmuth! Thanks for listening and the comments :) I have a bit of a rocker coming up in a week hehe.

Glad you liked the tune! I just did vocals on it so I am not sure how Florida recorded the guitar. I am sure he mic'd it though. I will also let him know about the cymbals. He must have missed that!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1