Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2017/07/26 23:58:54 (permalink)

Sonar 07 Early Access Available

Run the C3 to download and install

Recently Used Plug-ins

SONAR now keeps track of the last 5 Audio FX and Soft Synths. You can find these in the insert menus for Audio FX and Soft Synths as well as the Add Track Flyout on the Instruments tab. This works seamlessly with any plug-in layout and allows for quick access to the plug-ins you recently used without diving through a lot of menus or searching.

Artist, Professional, and Platinum

Bus Pain Aim Assist

Aim Assist has always been available in the Track view but not available in it’s Bus pane. In the Piano Roll view, we recently made Aim Assist available in the Controller pane so that data from the Controller pane can be easily lined up to the notes in the Piano Roll view. We have now added similar behavior to the Track view’s Bus pane so that automation in the Bus pane can now be easily lined up to automation or clips in the Track view.

Fixes and Enhancements

This update includes many fixes and enhancements that cover multiple aspects of SONAR.

General
    Using SONAR with a 64 sample buffer size could cause issues when 64 bit Double Precision was enabled. This was discovered using the Adaptive Limiter but could affect any plug-in.Track View, Track View In-line Piano Roll, and Piano Roll View now have consistent behavior when thinning grid lines during zooming in and outResolved a possible crash when using 2 finger scrolling on the track padEditing operations in large projects are now 10x faster. This affects Split, Move, Undo, Redo, and Ripple EditingZooming and scrolling in projects with many clips & crossfades is now more responsive

AudioSnap
    Using AudioSnap to Split Beats could previously cause SONAR to become unresponsive when trying to display all the split clipsMemory usage with AudioSnap has been reduced by 75% when using it to Split Beats without editing the transient markers

Browser
    Dragging plug-ins from the Plug-in Browser would previously collapses folders after inserting the plug-in into the project

Ripple Editing
    MIDI events will now be shortened or lengthened when Ripple Editing if the end of a note is selected or the selection is in the middle of a note. This prevents notes from getting deleted or truncated unexpectedly in some situations during a ripple editMIDI clips are no longer split in some situations. This is to help preserve clips that contain long notes.

Snap Module
    Disabling Snap previously created problems with showing triplets and dotted settings, These buttons will now stay lit to better indicate what Grid Lines are being displayed when Snap is OffSnap settings could previously become changed unexpectedly if they were altered when Snap was OffThe Control Bar’s Smart Grid option is no longer disabled on cancel out of the menu

Staff View
    Arrow keys now change track selection in the Track Pane of the Staff View

Step Sequencer
    Click + Dragging in Step Sequencer could cause SONAR UI to stop updating momentarily until mouse up

Track View
    Aim Assist now feels more responsive and moves smoothly in the Track ViewResolved an issue where Copy & Paste with lanes closed could result in overlaps on the same laneTrack View Grid wouldn’t update after changing the snap settingsTrack View wouldn’t always follow (non-smart) grid line settings in the Snap Control Bar moduleThe Time Ruler no longer shows additional ticks when set to Smart Grid.This now displays the only the Beat markers.The Track View In-line Piano Roll didn’t follow snap setting in some situations

To participate, you can obtain the Early Access release via:
  • Cakewalk Command Center under the Rollback menu. Steps:
    • Start Command Center
    • Click the Settings button
    • Click the Check Now button
    • In the Connected Products list, right-click on the product or suite name you want early access to
    • Choose Rollback > Early Access 2017.07 from the context menu
  • Through your products download page, under "Available Downloads."
    • Click the "Show Other Downloads" button to reveal the link.
If you encounter any critical issues prior to official public release, post them to the Problem Reports Forum. Please include SONAR 2017.07 Early Access in the post title, and refrain from including issues not related to SONAR 2017.07 as they may get missed. We’ll do our best to lock posts as we confirm the reports.

Thank you for your participation,
Cakewalk

TheSteven
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2037
Re: Sonar 07 Early Access Available 2017/07/27 04:34:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cclarry 2017/07/27 11:12:52
I thought I checked this morning...
I swear this stuff never shows up on my system until Larry puts up a post.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
My Tunes
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: Sonar 07 Early Access Available 2017/07/27 11:13:20 (permalink)
TheSteven
I thought I checked this morning...
I swear this stuff never shows up on my system until Larry puts up a post.

LOL...it didn't show up until about 5 PM.  I check 3 times a day...

ptheisen
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
Re: Sonar 07 Early Access Available 2017/07/27 22:21:35 (permalink)
I just installed the latest early access version, testing with the adaptive limiter, and can confirm that it fixes this:

Using SONAR with a 64 sample buffer size could cause issues when 64 bit Double Precision was enabled. This was discovered using the Adaptive Limiter but could affect any plug-in.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1