Sonar 5, Plugsound Pro, I-Lok, system crash

Author
patrick_pearse
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 80
2006/12/28 12:35:50 (permalink)

Sonar 5, Plugsound Pro, I-Lok, system crash

I recently purchased a PC, with intel core duo, 2 gigs of RAM, 2 x400 gig hard drives, running Win XP. I use Sonar 5.02 as my DAW and have used and enjoyed the old plugsound modules fo sometime. As I own five of them, Plugsound gave me a discount on Plugsound Pro.

Plugsound Pro requires an I-Lok usb key, which I have since learned is the hardware equivalent of pace. I know that a lot of people do not care for pace, I just never understood why?

Anyway, I loaded plugsound pro and when I tried to open the program as a stand-alone application I got the blue screen of death (on my new pc that is very seldom plugged in to the internet). Thinking that I was clever, I then tried to open plugsound pro as a dxi instrument in Sonar’s synth rack. I was able to bring up the program in the synth rack but when I double clicked on the program to load a sound, I saw a blue screen with horizontal lines running up my screen.

Like the idiot that I am, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times, and to no surprise, I kept getting the same results. I even restored my computer to an earlier time, a happier time when my new computer never crashed, and I encountered the same problem.

I emailed Plugsound last week and, probably because of the holidays, I have not heard back from them.

Is anyone else using Plugsound Pro and are they encountering the same problems?

Is pace the problem?

If I cannot load the program, how can I get pace off of my computer?

Thank you all for your input.

2 Replies Related Threads

zungle
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2745
    RE: Sonar 5, Plugsound Pro, I-Lok, system crash 2006/12/28 14:39:59 (permalink)
    A couple questions.

Will your system boot up............?

If so.........Have you went to control panel/uninstall programs ?

Have you tried a registry cleaner or any type of Windows mechanic app?

Have you considered windows system recovery? This is advisable only if restore doesn't do trick.................it will wipe out all!!
    and re-install computer to out of the box set up.

I demo'ed a few plug ins with PACE..........I had to uninstall and run a registry mechanic to get it all off.

Sorry for the headache..

Good luck
    patrick_pearse
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 80
    RE: Sonar 5, Plugsound Pro, I-Lok, system crash 2006/12/28 15:40:22 (permalink)
    Zungle,

I have uninstalled plugsound pro from the controll panel (several times).

I am a little nervous about running a reg edit tool.

Everything else works fine on my pc, just this damn program, which I was looking very forward to using.

Thanks again.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1