Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture

Author
Markus Copol
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 691
2006/04/20 17:59:11 (permalink)

Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture

Hi guys. You already helped me answering many of my questions , should I get this or that etc... Afterall I decided to add Sonar 5 Studio Edition to my collection so I can use it with Rapture. I went and ordered it and thought let me look at Sonar Forum. I was sadly shocked to see and hear nothing but people complaining. I thought man you should have checked it before ordering it.. Any feed back ? I read complaints about the new updates and all that .... is it major problems or just small situations here and there !!!!
in other words should I open the box or should I return it.

Any help will be appreciated :) Thanks fellows

7 Replies Related Threads

Rick McNab
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1047
    RE: Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture 2006/04/20 18:31:03 (permalink)
    See my thread here:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=752339

I express concern about all of the problems people mention about Sonar 5. Many people, however, are not having so many problems. I got alot of really good replies. Check it out!
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture 2006/04/20 20:49:04 (permalink)
    No, I haven't had any problems with SONAR5 at home - tho I've been mostly running rapture and trying out Acid 6 these last couple of weeks. I plan on mixing some older stuff (again!). I'll post any problems, but usually there are a few bugs that get worked out by the .2 or so.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Markus Copol
    RE: Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture 2006/04/20 21:34:54 (permalink)
    Thanks guys.

The thread answered my questions. I dont think am going to be that extensive user though and get much into depth. I will take it from here and give it a thought till i get it.

Thanks again
    Rick McNab
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1047
    RE: Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture 2006/04/21 05:28:44 (permalink)
    How is Acid Pro 6 and Rapture? That's a combination I was considering.
    Markus Copol
    RE: Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture 2006/04/21 10:18:13 (permalink)
    Speaking of Acid Pro 6. I have the older version Acid Pro 3.... I know its an older model , but I was not impressed. It is limited for the amount of money I spent on it. The sound quality was not that impressive at all. Once you add multiple tracks the program gets funny and you start to get microphone issues and files get deleted. I took it out of my system....

Again its an older version , and got me hesitant about Pro 6. But I dont see complaints about Pro 6 .. You are right I wonder how does it work with Rapture if anybody checked it!!
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture 2006/04/21 11:58:21 (permalink)
    Acid seems to run heavier with VSTi's than your run of the mill DAW. Of course, it is .0 version so it should get better. Otherwise, it works fine.

Acid 6 seems to be a fun program. Easy to work with, tho not as many loops/patterns as P5 come with it. I started banging out a song within minutes of starting it. Rapture and Z3TA+ plugged in fine, but with both open the system got sluggish. Converted to audio and started adding loops with no problem.

I had some sony acid files my buddy at Sony sent and they looped better than in Cakewalk (big surprize there, I guess).

Most programs seem to work pretty good these days, so it is mainly a matter of what you have, how you work and what it might be able to do. I have to balance having fun with trying different programs and actually getting something finished here at home. There is something to be said for actually getting better at one program than trying to find the mythical perfect one that you'll never get good enough at.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Markus Copol
    RE: Sonar 5 studio edition with Rapture 2006/04/21 12:28:15 (permalink)
    thanks AT. That makes sense.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1