Sonar 8.5: MIDI Learn and Enable Host Automation

Author
Annabelle
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 143
2014/08/26 07:58:09 (permalink)

Sonar 8.5: MIDI Learn and Enable Host Automation

Is there an easy way for someone blind like me to toggle the Master Reverb on and off in the Play VST within Sonar? The reason why I ask this is because I want to be able to apply reverb and other effects from external plugins within Sonar 8.5. I wish there was a keyboard command to get to some sort of settings dialogue where you could customize how you want instruments to behave. This especially goes for adjusting pitch bend range. The pitch bend range can be an edit field, where one can type the number of semitones. The Master Reverb can be a toggle button. And the Convolution Reverb Selection menu can be a context menu which works like the Open Instrument Dialogue. This way, if I wanted to select a convolution reverb from the list of choices in Play, I could also do that. Usually, I use PerfectSpace
as my convolution reverb plugin. It comes with Sonar. Which leads me to ask, are any of the convolution reverb choices in Play available as IR files in
.wav format? Also, The parameter I'm trying to automate is "Pitch Bend Intensity", however, I don't see it in Play's interface without having a sighted friend with me. I tried RPN 0 (The default for pitch bend sensitivity on other synths, but it seems that Play does something crazy by turning the volume of an instrument down so low that when I press a key hard or soft, it's like the instrument plays softly. Also, Play's parameters, like Convolution reverb return level, are assigned to NRPN's, which have to be MIDI learned within Play's interface. However, I can't seem to find a way to do this without the help of a sighted friend. What do I do next?

:confused:

I Dream of Australia, France, and Canada, three wonderful nations that represent who I really am.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1