Sonar 8.5 Producer / Guitar Rig 4 Fatal Error

Author
DonnieB
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2010/02/19 02:04:47 (permalink)

Sonar 8.5 Producer / Guitar Rig 4 Fatal Error

I’m having trouble and I don’t know what to do about it.  I am now getting an error message any time I open up a project that has Guitar Rig 4 in it.  I have no problems if I open up a new file that doesn't have GR4, but all of my files with GR4  (that worked last week) generate a "fatal error" message and cause Sonar to crash. 

I tried opening opening a project from last week in safe mode (pressing down “shift” while opening the project).  I did that, and the project opens if I deselect GR4. But then, as soon as I try to insert GR4, I get the fatal error message.  

So I uninstalled Guitar Rig 4 and then reinstalled it.  It works as a stand-alone application, but not with Sonar 8.5.   If I try to insert it into a track I get the fatal error message and I have to close down Sonar.

I am using Windows 7 (64 bit).

Do you know what I should do?  I’m stuck and I can’t get any work done. 
Thanks.
Don

3 Replies Related Threads

lorneyb2
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1667
    Re:Sonar 8.5 Producer / Guitar Rig 4 Fatal Error 2010/02/19 02:24:28 (permalink)
    Have you done a rescan on your VST's.  If you did an upgrade or update it may have installed the dll file in a different location than it was in the previous projects. If that doesn't solve it do a search for the location of Guitar Rig 4.dll and make sure that path is in your scan path.
    gumbawumba
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re:Sonar 8.5 Producer / Guitar Rig 4 Fatal Error 2010/02/19 10:40:49 (permalink)
    First check the VST path in sonar for it.

Next I would uninstall GR4 and delete (back up, or move) any  left over files in windows user directory that GR4 uses.  This is any stored presets ect.. (I forget where they are as I am not on my machine).  Then reinstall a fresh clean GR4. 

My issue with guitar rig 4.  I had saved a bunch of EQ presets and head presets and one day GR4 stopped working.  I must have uninstalled and reinstalled 100's of times, contacted NI support with no help from them except them saying reinstall.  Then I removed every thing GR4 related presets and all and installed and it worked...
    So it could be some corruption with what ever preset you are using.  These don't get removed when you uninstall.

DonnieB
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Sonar 8.5 Producer / Guitar Rig 4 Fatal Error 2010/02/19 11:35:33 (permalink)
    Thanks LorneyB and Gumbawumba.  I did try uninstalling GR4 and reinstalling it/activating it two times last night, but I'm getting the same problem. Now when I try to open GR4 in a stand-alone fashion it has a fatal error too.  So it must be a GR4 problem. 

Gumba -- What file extensions do I need to search for in order to delete the stored presets, etc.  Are you saying that I need to get rid of all of my .ksds files (the files that define the different presets, some of which I've customized?)

Thanks.
    Don
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1