Sonar Fails to load as Non-Administrator **Important Fix**

Author
DonM
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4129
2005/08/15 17:22:30 (permalink)

Sonar Fails to load as Non-Administrator **Important Fix**

All:

Sonar 4.0.0 was able to run under any user on a computer. Since the 4.0.2 and now also 4.0.3 you must be Administrator or have administrator privledges to launch Sonar. This is preventing me from sucessfully and legally running Sonar in my lab - any ideas??!??!!

-D
post edited by DonM - 2005/08/16 14:43:15

2 Replies Related Threads

tarsier
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3029
    RE: Sonar Fails to load as Non-Administrator 2005/08/15 17:43:38 (permalink)
    I just went through this problem. I ended up giving full access rights to all users to the 'Program Files' folder and all subdirs. It might just work if you do that to the Sonar folder, give it a try.

Log in as administrator, right click on the Sonar folder and choose properties. Go to the Security tab and select Advanced. On the Permissions tab, select Users and choose Edit... then check the box that says Full Control. Click OK and then back on the Permissions tab, Check both boxes for "Inherit ... " and "Replace ..." Then click Apply.

Now see if your regular users can launch Sonar. HTH.
    DonM
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4129
    RE: Sonar Fails to load as Non-Administrator 2005/08/16 14:37:20 (permalink)
    All:

We have begun what I believe is the path of greatest promise to solve this problem by working with a tool known as CPAU

http://www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/cpau.htm

It allows a shell to launch Sonar under any user's security level which is critical in a Lab environment. We are right now cherry picking directory permissions and hope to have the problem solved in a day.

-D

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1