Sonar Home Studio on new device; VST scan problem

Author
-francesco-
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
2018/07/07 16:48:10 (permalink)

Sonar Home Studio on new device; VST scan problem

Hi there

So... I installed command center on a new pc and from there I installed Sonar Home Studio, the same that was working fine on my older pc.

Now...apart from the fact that the initial screen is different (choices between basic progect, vocals ecc. while before it was between audio project or media project ecc) the main thing is...it doesn' t find any VSTs! Even if I have a full version of Kontakt installed...it should at least find it...no! Nothing! Even if I use the plug-in scan command! And the strangest thing is that it doesn't even find the ones that were installed by default in Sonar HS (session bass, drums ecc)!

I can' t find a reason for this and since on my pc all worked fine at first attempt, I' m getting really pissed off with those problems now. Any ideas about what's going on?

Thanks

5 Replies Related Threads

-francesco-
    Re: Sonar Home Studio on new device; VST scan problem 2018/07/08 12:22:03 (permalink)
    EDIT: all solved BUT, now I was trying to install a new vst plugin with, unlike Kontakt, it doesn't find. I told him to consider also the folder (programs x86) in wich the program has been installed, and now at every automatic vst/plugins search it alwasys freezes on certain .dll files and it doesn't even let me change options to select the folders to search into, as it says "another search alreary running"...and, since it always freezes at the same point, it is "arlready running" forever, of course. I' ve also tried to copy and paste the .dll files in another temporary folder, but then Sonar gives me another error back. Is there any way to stop automatic vst search, in order to change options, delete programs x86 folder from search option, and then re-install the vst in the "vstplugins" folder and start a new search there?
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Sonar Home Studio on new device; VST scan problem 2018/07/08 15:23:17 (permalink)
    Are you running a 32 bit system and version?

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

-francesco-
    Re: Sonar Home Studio on new device; VST scan problem 2018/07/08 16:43:53 (permalink)
    I have 64 bit Wondows 10. Also version of what?
    JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: Sonar Home Studio on new device; VST scan problem 2018/07/08 17:03:09 (permalink)
    -francesco-
    ... Is there any way to stop automatic vst search, in order to change options, delete programs x86 folder from search option, and then re-install the vst in the "vstplugins" folder and start a new search there?

Go to the window shown in the link below and under Scan Options, change Automatic Background Scan to Manual Scan.  After you Ok out , it will no longer scan until you tell it to.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Dialogs2.064.html

Then double check your VST paths before doing a reset and rescan.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    -francesco-
    Re: Sonar Home Studio on new device; VST scan problem 2018/07/08 17:16:44 (permalink)
    Thank you very much! This time, I don' t  really know how, it found the plugin out of the blue without changing anything (except putting the plugin in the "vstplugin" folder, wich I previously tried anyway), but now I will know how to fix this next time :) Thank you very much!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1