Sonar Home Studio reverts to DEMO mode

Author
werewindle
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
2017/03/18 14:23:40 (permalink)

Sonar Home Studio reverts to DEMO mode

A friend of mine who I have started off on the Sonar journey with Home Studio and then moving on to Artist when new pricing structure in-place is having an issue with Sonar switching back to demo mode.
I have been remotely accessing his laptop and exported the activation file , imported the activation response file and Sonar was successfully activated.
I was having another session an hour ago and Sonar has gone back to Demo mode, tried importing activation response file again but no joy. Now I know it was working as I saved a project in the previous session and it's still there.
 Anybody got any clues as I have a feeling I saw something similar in the forum a while ago?

3 Replies Related Threads

werewindle
    Re: Sonar Home Studio reverts to DEMO mode 2017/03/20 07:06:29 (permalink)
    No longer an issue have upgraded my friend to Studio Artist as the upgrade price was very reasonable partly due to a stronger pound. Mind you a 3.5 hour support slot on a Sunday mostly watching CC download files was not what I had planned, but Sonar Artist now up and running and first song imported okay.
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Sonar Home Studio reverts to DEMO mode 2017/03/20 12:52:52 (permalink)
    werewindle
    No longer an issue have upgraded my friend to Studio Artist as the upgrade price was very reasonable partly due to a stronger pound. Mind you a 3.5 hour support slot on a Sunday mostly watching CC download files was not what I had planned, but Sonar Artist now up and running and first song imported okay.

glad its all worked out. Sonar Artist and Sonar Home studio have become very affordable as of late.
    Nice to see people taking advantage of that. Have your friend join the forum. this is one of the greatest places on earth.

I believe one of the only reasons you didn't get a reply was because it was a licensing issue. not much we can do as users.
    I saw your post yesterday but didn't know what to say. I think its great that you followed up on your post, that's good forum etiquette. Happy music making

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

werewindle
    Re: Sonar Home Studio reverts to DEMO mode 2017/03/20 13:09:45 (permalink)
    Have already shown him how to get to the forum but he has been resisted using a PC since they were invented, so I am gradually easing him into the new world. Have managed to get his keyboard connected so he can now record which will keep him engaged. Next step is to set him up a default template that mimics mine as much as possible and start sending him the early mixes for the Album so he can add the keyboards and later on the guitar parts.
    Only bug bear is that when you load Sonar at remote end it takes out Skype audio and is very difficult to click on the little chevrons ^ remotely but at least I am re-learning the keboard shortcuts.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1