Sonar LE driver error and no sound

Author
timmerel
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2007/10/20 14:24:43 (permalink)

Sonar LE driver error and no sound

I have installed the copy of Cakewalk LE that came bundled with my new Edirol UA-101 USB interface.

While the Edirol interface works fine (sample audio plays on it, and the system can hear a microphone plugged into it), I am getting an error when I try to launch Cakewalk LE:

"The following drivers either do not support the current audio format or are in use by another application. Please choose whether you want to disable them or use them anyway:

Sigmatel Audio
1: EDIROL UA-101 1/2
1: EDIROL UA-101 3/4
1: EDIROL UA-101 5/6
1: EDIROL UA-101 7/8
1: EDIROL UA-101 9/10
1: EDIROL UA-101 11/12"

If I click "use them anyway" and load up any of the Cakewalk sample tracks, I then get the following error when I try to play the track:

"Unable to open audio playback device. Device may not support current project's audio format or may be in use."

I've tried resinstalling the software, but it's the same problem each time.

What is the problem, and how do I fix it?

Thank you in advance for any help.
post edited by timmerel - 2007/10/20 14:48:47

6 Replies Related Threads

ccreyeder
    • Total Posts : 17
    RE: Sonar LE driver error and no sound 2007/10/20 17:06:04 (permalink)
    I am SURE I am not the one to give advice, I just installed LE last night myself. However, I did have the same problem. What I did was say "disable" and then I disconnected and reconnected my usb interface. Went to control panel, sounds, audio and selected my usb interface as the default playback, recording and midi playback. Went back to the sample files and went to options, midi, and made sure my usb interface was at the top of my list for both input and output. THEN, opened up a demo file and inserted a soft synth. I cant remember the name of it right now, it wasnt cyclone, it was the other choice. Went to each individual track and selected as the output, the name of the soft synth and finally, after about 4 hours of trying this, the sample file would play. Hope that helps!
    timmerel
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Sonar LE driver error and no sound 2007/10/22 07:58:21 (permalink)
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Sonar LE driver error and no sound 2007/10/22 14:42:10 (permalink)
    Whats the sample rate of your project and what the sample rate of the card set to. Seems to be a mis-match, between the 2
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    msmyla
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Sonar LE driver error and no sound 2007/11/06 12:34:59 (permalink)
    Hello,
    I had a trouble with "no MIDI outputs selected" problem (I also have SONAR LE but with Samson G-Track). I couldn't hear anything play although I could see it was recorded. So I decided to try to do something. I chose "options", then "audio" and highlited the driver for the output. The effect: I had an additional error, the same as you do ("The following drivers either do not support the current audio format or are in use by another application. Please choose whether you want to disable them or use them anyway"). I chose "use them anyway", chose "audio" then "options" once more and in "advanced" set driver mode to MME (32-bit). And the effect was just stunning: all my problems were resolved! - I have MIDI outputs and inputs selected, everything's correct with the drivers, and I can finally hear my music play.
    Hope this helps!

Mike
    Stolen Jones
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: Sonar LE driver error and no sound 2007/11/07 22:56:42 (permalink)
    I thought I had everything set up correctly, and spent a few hours googling and searching this forum, and the cakewalk videos, and read the manual, and the UA-4FX manual, and I still wasn't getting any playback sound. I, too, new that an audio clip had been imported, because I could see it. But I could not hear it, nor did it register on the meters. Then I came across your reply, fooled around with things as you described, and Viola! Thank you. Now that I have gotten to first base, finally!!!, I can start learning the basics. Tutorials here I come! (I have Sonar LE and Edirol UA-4FX, but went back to the on-board Dell sound card. Would folks recommend that I use the Edirol AI exclusively? And, if so, why?)
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: Sonar LE driver error and no sound 2007/11/07 23:49:05 (permalink)
    SJ,
    Yes, we would generally recommend you use the Edirol unit excluxively. This will ultimately give you vastly better performance.
    However, there are some things that may trip you up as you get started. A biggie is the lack of soft synths included in many packages. Since you have an Edirol interface, there is a fair chance that your package includes the Edirol VSC synth. Click Insert>DXi Synth from the tool bar. If the Edirol VSC shows up in the menu, you can use it. Find tutorial #8 in the help files to get more information on how to use it.
    If you do not see it, you may want to stick with the on-board sound card for the time being, 'til you get your feet wet.
    The problem is that Sonar LE is packaged with many different variables, and we don't know what else you have to work with.
    In Mikes case, he is using the built-in sound card, and using the Microsoft Wavetable synth that comes with the computer. The MME driver mode makes that available to use. This compromises overall performance, but does allow you to get something done.
    For now, run with what is working for you. Get a feel for what it is you are working with. Read the Help files. Yes, I know it's boring, but there is a wealth of information there. Ultimately, you will want to bring the Edirol online, but it will be much more satisfying if you have an idea of what you are doing, and what to expect.
    Also, check out the other forums here. There is much to learn, and many knowledgeable people here to help you along the way.
    Once you get the first few weeks out of the way, it really starts to get fun.
    Good luck, and welcome.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1