Helpful ReplySonar Platinum Previous Start Screens

Author
The Twangler
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2017/10/18 22:19:06 (permalink)

Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens

Hi,

I am an old "newbie" ......meaning I have used Sonar for many years ..... off and on. Long spells of each.
Anyway....a few releases ago, maybe 8 months ago,  on Sonar Platinum, there was a template on the Start Screen that had a dozen or so guitars and amp setups using the Boutique Set from Overloud (TH3). They had two track setups that I liked quite a bit. One track was called Edge. The other was a Vox AC30 with a Telecaster.....I think....not positive. The "Edge" track is correct.
Is there any way I can find this template or can someone send me the template. 

I know I can recreate these two sounds if I take my time.....but.....I love taking the easy way sometimes.
Oh yeah....I have played guitar professionally since 1967. Tone is KIng!

Thanks,
Donny
Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/19 07:18:54 (permalink)
Hi. After a quick check of the included Templates, I think you're looking for the "Showcase Amps" Template. It has a track called "Edge Delay", among others.
It is by default located in C:\Cakewalk Content\SONAR Platinum\Project Templates.
Hope it helps.
All the best.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Piotr
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 208
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/19 12:35:06 (permalink)
Unfortunately latest updates replace user templates like basic.cwt (which is used if you load new project with ctrl-n)

Here is prove if anyone still doubts it:
https://i.imgur.com/KBncrfL.jpg

I checked MD5 sum but of course it is not needed as files are different in size.

It is kind of unique bug to replace user template, I must say...

Regards,
Piotr
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/19 13:45:22 (permalink)
Piotr
Unfortunately latest updates replace user templates like basic.cwt (which is used if you load new project with ctrl-n)

I checked MD5 sum but of course it is not needed as files are different in size.

I've been thinking for sometime that Cakewalk replaces templets because of some random bugs.
I don't link to the Splat templet folder. This may explain a few odd issues I seem to get.
When I install Splat I normal grab the blank templet and create my own and save it to my own folder, The End.  
If Cakewalk is replacing the templets I wish that Cakewalk would say so... :)
If they are just randomly replacing them and deleting them for know reason, like the OP can't find what sounds like a great templet... Sometimes things that Cakewalk does make no logical since.

peace! 

peace!

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
The Twangler
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/19 23:37:45 (permalink)
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and advice.

But..... a BIG BIG thanks goes to Zargg!

You found the template! And it is exactly the one I was looking for!  I don't have to replicate it! YAY!
Much much appreciated!

Love and Peace!
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/20 01:27:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby 11Dreams 2017/10/20 02:06:38
11Dreams
Piotr

I've been thinking for sometime that Cakewalk replaces templets because of some random bugs.
I don't link to the Splat templet folder. This may explain a few odd issues I seem to get.
When I install Splat I normal grab the blank templet and create my own and save it to my own folder, The End.  
If they are just randomly replacing them and deleting them for know reason, like the OP can't find what sounds like a great templet... Sometimes things that Cakewalk does make no logical since.

peace! 

peace!

I can probably help shine a light on this area. We've been updating and replacing presets for years on every release. Compatibility concerns were the driving force. Having different templates between 4+ versions of SONAR and potentially updating them all in a monthly release cycle was silly.

From interviews (and analytics) we found the vast majority of users make their own presets or use the most basic ones. We decided to "K.I.S.S." the problem away. "One set of presets to rule them all."

TL:DR
1) Please backup your favorite presets :) 
2) If you modify a template, rename it.
P.S. Cloud sync is a great solution. I use it myself. 

Best Regards,
Seth
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/20 02:07:34 (permalink)
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
11Dreams
Piotr

peace! 

peace!

I can probably help shine a light on this area. We've been updating and replacing presets for years on every release. Compatibility concerns were the driving force. Having different templates between 4+ versions of SONAR and potentially updating them all in a monthly release cycle was silly.

From interviews (and analytics) we found the vast majority of users make their own presets or use the most basic ones. We decided to "K.I.S.S." the problem away. "One set of presets to rule them all."

Thank you for the info :)

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/20 13:40:13 (permalink)
The Twangler
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and advice.

But..... a BIG BIG thanks goes to Zargg!

You found the template! And it is exactly the one I was looking for!  I don't have to replicate it! YAY!
Much much appreciated!

Love and Peace!

You're welcome 
Glad to be of help.

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Piotr
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/21 09:19:59 (permalink)
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]

Thank you, Seth, for your advice, Yep, your right smart user should always backup his data including everything ( not like me only project).  But wait ... How should goes design? How hard is to rise dialog box with warning, templates will be overwritten? How hard is to backup templates for user in additional folder with name like backup-[data] or so?
Please do not be microsof'ish . Do not adjust user's workflow to let easier (how much?) installation. Please do adjust program to let user easier workflow and confidence program extremely cares about user data.  Please recall what was point of creation templates. Ready-to-go. We have different interfaces, so we need adust, different preferences (I am too poor to start with count-in = 0, it is only for the best), different needs etc. Please do not overwrite also shortcuts...  It is great when developers are passionate with their work but please do not forget who is target. How hard is to ask or warn user, make option etc? Please recall one of main rules in software creation (never permanently delete user data). Never force user to defend against program. Simple question if install delete templates how rollback to previous version can restore it?

Don't take me wrong, I like Sonar, and this is why I would like it it have absolutely the best user-oriented approach and best workflow in the work. We have progress every month what is great but still many, many things to improve to have the world best workflow.

Regards,
Piotr
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/21 09:44:04 (permalink)
dialog boxes and user interaction always add far more to the codebase than you'd expect! having said that, a silent copy of existing templates to a subfolder would add very little...

just a sec

Piotr
Re: Sonar Platinum Previous Start Screens 2017/10/21 16:38:58 (permalink)
pwalpwal
dialog boxes and user interaction always add far more to the codebase than you'd expect! having said that, a silent copy of existing templates to a subfolder would add very little...

Paul, very, very little... We are not talking about coding in 80' Programmers have libraries. Dialog box could be just 1 single object dialog box creation  with parameter like string which should be displayed (like "Should user templates be preserved?"). And ready to go. After interaction (already programmed at library level) it ends with atrrib set to value according to user answer (yes or no) additional call to function which save is performed or skipped. And that's all. Or something like that. Very little additional work, probably about 1 minute coding (cafe included) and 5 minutes for testing.

Regards,
Piotr
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1