Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
noynekker
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1235
2016/12/04 21:50:43 (permalink)

Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST

Recently, I updated Melodyne Studio 4.0 to Melodyne Studio 4.1
Apparently, the Melodyne Studio 4.1 update and Sonar Platinum are not getting along . . . at least on my system.

Here's the problem I'm having:
Freeze a Melodyne vocal track (created in Melodyne Studio 4.0) . . . the freeze works as expected, but when I try to save the project it throws a melodyne related error, and crashes Sonar Platinum. (Same result in multiple projects, so ruling out a corrupted project)

Here's what I've tried so far:
Rollback to Sonar 2016-10 . . . same problem exists
Re-install Melodyne Studio 4.1 . . . same problem exists

Guess I can try reverting back to Melodyne 4.0 . . . but Celemony sure don't make that easy !
Anyways, I like the new features and Sonar ARA improvements they've added.

Freezing Melodyne tracks in Sonar Platinum used to work for me, but I usually don't do this until I'm near completing a project and the editing is done. Curious that the project opens, and plays perfectly well . . . but I can no longer freeze Melodyne tracks ?

Anyone else here seen this happening ?

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Cubase, RME Babyface Pro, Intel i7 3770K @3.5Ghz, Asus P8Z77-VPro/Thunderbolt, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 250 GB OS SSD, 2TB HDD samples, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, backed up by Macrium Reflect, Novation Impulse 61 Midi Key Controller, Tannoy Active Near Field Monitors, Guitars by Vantage, Gibson, Yamaki and Ovation.

dwardzala
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1470
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/05 06:44:39 (permalink)
What do you mean by "freeze"?  Are you bouncing the region to clip after working with it in Melodyne (also known as rendering)?

Dave
Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
Win10 x64 Home
Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

papacucku
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 135
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/05 07:31:14 (permalink)
Because melodyne has always been buggy in sonar for me anyway, I always bounce to clip after correcting.  In the past if I leave two many melodyne clips "unrendered" I would get crashes.  Now that you bring this up, that really is not acceptable in this day and age, and many of the melodyne tutorials have you leaving the melodyne track, "melodyne enabled".

I got one crash after melodyne update when enabling it as a region effect which is how I use it. I learned long ago to just split a small portion and never enable melodyne on a long clip.  It shouldn't be that way but I guess I have come to accept the work arounds. I also did the update on melodyne a few weeks ago and it did crash one a a very long clip and once when I was enabling it on many clips wiithout rendering (bouncing to clip).   

If it is re-producible on your system certainly make a bug report to cakewalk and also to melodyne.  I know there are LIVE and trackton crashes reported from melodyne so there is probably plenty of blame to go around.

Also I was freeze crazy for a while and I thought that was a great way to save system resources on these complex projects. I got away from it, as my workflow is too dynamic, I was unfreezing too often and nothing is ever "done" with me.

Rig1: Platinum. 1513 Intel Core i7 5930K (3.50GHz) 32GB DDR3 SSD, GTX 970 Windows  10 64. Focusrite Saffire 6i6. Presonus Monitors.

Rig 2:Platinum. Win 7,  Quad CPU 8 DDR3. SSD. RME multiface II, Oktopre MKII, StudioLive AI 16,  Presonus Sceptre Coaxial Monitors.  
Drums:TAMA ImperialStar, Roland TD30
Keys: Yamaha Mx-61, M-audio Keystation IRIG I/O Midi Controllers.
Additional Plugs:Melodyne Editor, Izotope (all), Autotune, Trillian, East West(most),Addictive Drums2, Addictive Piano, AIR FX Collection.

noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/05 21:32:05 (permalink)
I've been able to reproduce this crash bug consistently on a completely new Platinum project.
1) start new blank project
2) add audio track
3) drag any wav file from browser to the track
4) create a melodyne region fx
5) save the project
6) freeze the melodyne region fx clip (it renders to audio clip correctly)
7) save the project - - - > instant crash, every time

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Cubase, RME Babyface Pro, Intel i7 3770K @3.5Ghz, Asus P8Z77-VPro/Thunderbolt, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 250 GB OS SSD, 2TB HDD samples, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, backed up by Macrium Reflect, Novation Impulse 61 Midi Key Controller, Tannoy Active Near Field Monitors, Guitars by Vantage, Gibson, Yamaki and Ovation.

noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/05 21:38:28 (permalink)
dwardzala
What do you mean by "freeze"?  Are you bouncing the region to clip after working with it in Melodyne (also known as rendering)?

by freeze,  I mean I am clicking the freeze button which renders the clip to "flattened" audio
I like this because when you unfreeze the track you can begin editing in melodyne right away

noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/05 21:46:58 (permalink)
papacucku
Because melodyne has always been buggy in sonar for me anyway, I always bounce to clip after correcting.  In the past if I leave two many melodyne clips "unrendered" I would get crashes.  Now that you bring this up, that really is not acceptable in this day and age, and many of the melodyne tutorials have you leaving the melodyne track, "melodyne enabled".

I got one crash after melodyne update when enabling it as a region effect which is how I use it. I learned long ago to just split a small portion and never enable melodyne on a long clip.  It shouldn't be that way but I guess I have come to accept the work arounds. I also did the update on melodyne a few weeks ago and it did crash one a a very long clip and once when I was enabling it on many clips wiithout rendering (bouncing to clip).   

If it is re-producible on your system certainly make a bug report to cakewalk and also to melodyne.  I know there are LIVE and trackton crashes reported from melodyne so there is probably plenty of blame to go around.

Also I was freeze crazy for a while and I thought that was a great way to save system resources on these complex projects. I got away from it, as my workflow is too dynamic, I was unfreezing too often and nothing is ever "done" with me.

I've also had occasional melodyne related crashing, hard to pin down the causes, but the good thing is I haven't lost much work or wasted editing time . . . but this is different. I simply can no longer freeze any tracks with melodyne content, something I have been able to do for years.

I have reported this through the automated Cakewalk problem report system, so we'll see if anything develops, I'm not holding my breath, since my past problem reports have gone into space and evaporated.

dwardzala
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/06 06:50:53 (permalink)
I would try to avoid freezing and bounce to clip as a work around.  How big is the clip that you are working with in Melodyne?

Dave
Win10 x64 Home

M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

auto_da_fe
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/06 07:40:24 (permalink)
I use Melodyne very, very carefully.  Small clips, work on the clips one at a time and then render often.

There is no exact, repeatable set of steps that causes Sonar to crash (and hard crash...loses asio drivers and I have to restart computer, no crash log to Sonar and no attempted save of project) when using Melodyne.  I would describe the relationship on my DAW between melodyne and Sonar as very, very delicate and touchy.  

At least once a session it will crash.  Did not used to bother me much, but I an now working with others in my little home studio and it is super annoying.

JR

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
Win 10 64 
SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
https://soundcloud.com/airportface
noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/06 21:26:48 (permalink)
dwardzala
I would try to avoid freezing and bounce to clip as a work around.  How big is the clip that you are working with in Melodyne?

Hi Dave . . . bounce to clips is destructive. You lose the ability to easily re-think and tweak or even undo your melodyne edits . . . unless of course you pre clone all your melodyne tracks and archive / hide them . . . hence the creation of "freezing" tracks to avoid all that fuss. Freeze has always worked, now it doesn't, there must be a fix.

Yes, my practice has also been to use smaller clips. In a 4 minute song, I may split a clip to 4 or 5 clips before creating Region FX.

noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/06 21:39:12 (permalink)
auto_da_fe
I use Melodyne very, very carefully.  Small clips, work on the clips one at a time and then render often.

There is no exact, repeatable set of steps that causes Sonar to crash (and hard crash...loses asio drivers and I have to restart computer, no crash log to Sonar and no attempted save of project) when using Melodyne.  I would describe the relationship on my DAW between melodyne and Sonar as very, very delicate and touchy.  

At least once a session it will crash.  Did not used to bother me much, but I an now working with others in my little home studio and it is super annoying.

JR

Both Melodyne and Sonar are some of my most amazing software . . . and nothing I have seen can do pitch / intonation correction nearly as efficiently as Melodyne . . . but it's true that Melodyne and Sonar don't always get along. By far, most of my Sonar crashes seem to mention Melodyne as the source, maybe I'm just pushing it too hard, or maybe it hasn't been perfected yet ?

dwardzala
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/07 07:18:55 (permalink)
When I am working with Melodyne, I usually work in phrase size clips, especially for vocals.  I do a lot of save as with incremental filenames so I can easily go back, although archiving a clone of the tracks is probably not a back idea.

Dave
Win10 x64 Home

M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

SiberianKhatru59
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 235
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/26 12:57:14 (permalink)
I really just started digging into Melodyne Essential that came with SONAR and this thread and the tips in it have been a great help.  I was getting crashes, but by working a vocal verse by verse and chorus by chorus so to speak, I have all but eliminated the nasty crashes.  Still, should this really be happening at all though?

SONAR Platinum, Win7 Home Premium 64bit, Sweetwater Creation Station CS250v21 (Ivy Bridge Core i5 3.4Ghz CPU, 12GB DDR3/1600Mhz RAM, 500GB/1TB Seagate Barracuda system/audio drives, SATA 6.0, USB 3.0), M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB, 2x KRK Rokit 5's, Yamaha MO8
Marshall
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 602
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/26 16:48:57 (permalink)
Since 2016.12 creating a Melodyne Region FX has caused Sonar to crash...sometimes. Also rendering a small Melodyne file within Sonar has caused Sonar to crash...sometimes. TBH someone said earlier Melodyne in Sonar has always been buggy, and I have to agree. I've used Sonar since 2007, Celemony since 2008, and they have both been pretty stable, until they get together.
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/26 19:52:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SiberianKhatru59 2016/12/26 20:37:52
Melodyne has been very stable here. I haven't had a crash with Melodyne since last year and I use it on every project just about.

- I only use it as a Region FX.
- I DO bounce to clips after I make my edits (Render it) Because think about it...Why would I want to go back to the original clip ? If I am using region FX this means the original was not worth saving anyway. However if it ever got that bad, I have a back up just like everyone else in the Projects Audio folder. So bouncing to clips might be destructive, but the original is still there (unless of course you are using the "Clean audio folder tool" after saving your project).

- I don't over use Melodyne because I don't think that's what it was ever intended for. (but that's only my opinion).
I use it sparingly to fix guitar mistakes, Vocal errors and anything else that might need a quick fix.
if something is so bad  that I would find myself using Melodyne on more than 50% of the track, I'd rather Re-record it .

I also use Vocal synch and drum replacer. those 3 region FX are my best tools for house cleaning.
this is typically the first step I take in the mix down process.

My whole planning set up (though not really related to anyone's comment on this thread) is:
I never use Melodyne to be something I am not. So with this, I have been fortunate to have success with Melodyne.
What im trying to say is, I work in sections and render as I go. As I said earlier, if the clip is bad enough that I need to use Melodyne, then it wasn't worth saving to begin with. However like any good producer, I get ADHD and try to fix more than I should. but with being said, still been lucky and had no problems, no crashes.

To those who do have crashes, im sorry for your issues. Try rendering as you go though and see if that makes a difference.
Remember you still have a back up in your Projects Audio folder if you labeled your tracks correctly.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Marshall
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 602
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/27 04:35:12 (permalink)
Helpful reply chuckebaby, although I use Melodyne exactly the same way you do. I was using it yesterday, and had no problems at all. It's almost like it needs to settle down after a Sonar update. Hopefully it'll be fine now, because I hate that nervous feeling I get just before I do something Sonar doesn't "like"; until very recently I'd not had that for at least a year.
noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 00:38:41 (permalink)

Thanks for the replies everybody . . . though, let me remind everyone the original point of this thread was to point out that there is an existing issue when freezing Melodyne (new Studio version 4.1) Region FX, and then trying to save the project . . . other than that, my use of Melodyne 4.1 in Sonar Platinum has also been mostly stable.

Regardless of how minimally or extensively Melodyne is used in a project, the Region FX freeze feature is broken and needs to be fixed.

Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 01:07:13 (permalink)
I don't think too much about workflow with Melodyne. I use it...there are two options: if the track sounds better, render. If it doesn't, either don't use Melodyne or re-do the track. If I can sing something once, I can sing something twice. I naturally use short phrases because like Chuck, I'll do the odd fix and there instead of wholesale correction on a track.

Once upon a time I thought it was important to preserve the original track because V-Vocal did what I thought was a clever move - keeping a muted copy the original track. So, I'd clone a track and work on that. After about a year of never returning to the original, I just said forget it.

Bear in mind part of this involves a personal recording philosophy, not technology. Record, fix if needed, move on. The muse is wonderful, but incredibly impatient. Get too hung up in stuff, and she goes to visit someone else who's more exciting. I also render virtual instruments to audio (although I save the instrument preset and archive the MIDI track) as well as destructive editing, like gain changes with vocal phrases. With comping, it's listen, choose, flatten, done. It's more fun that way, I get more done...and call me crazy, but I think it makes the music better.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 01:20:11 (permalink)
So, are you suggesting that freezing Melodyne Region FX is a useless feature ?
Never need to go back and tweak a mistake, rethink at a another time ?
Just flatten, or bounce and move on ? . . . certainly not my workflow, more fun to be able to revisit a track and tweak until "perfection" is attained . . . isn't that why the freeze function was created ?

BRuys
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 192
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 02:19:46 (permalink)
noynekker
I've been able to reproduce this crash bug consistently on a completely new Platinum project.
2) add audio track
5) save the project

Seems to me you have a bona fide bug here that you should report to Cakewalk.  Who knows, it may be the key to unlocking the intermittent bugs other people get in Melodyne.  Bottom line, this should work without a crash and as a customer, you should expect it to be fixed.  But you gotta help the bakers out by reporting it along with your recipe so they can investigate.  Reporting it here on this forum is good, but not enough to get it fixed.

Have a look in the Problem Reports forum.  Noel has instructions on how to capture a crash dump.  If you were to submit your recipe along with a crash dump, I'm sure we'd be well on our way to having this bug fixed.
Good luck!
noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 12:03:09 (permalink)
BRuys
noynekker
2) add audio track
5) save the project

Seems to me you have a bona fide bug here that you should report to Cakewalk.  Who knows, it may be the key to unlocking the intermittent bugs other people get in Melodyne.  Bottom line, this should work without a crash and as a customer, you should expect it to be fixed.  But you gotta help the bakers out by reporting it along with your recipe so they can investigate.  Reporting it here on this forum is good, but not enough to get it fixed.

Have a look in the Problem Reports forum.  Noel has instructions on how to capture a crash dump.  If you were to submit your recipe along with a crash dump, I'm sure we'd be well on our way to having this bug fixed.
Good luck!

This issue has been reported to both Cakewalk and Celemony . . . status is "submitted to development"
CWBRN-62536

BRuys
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 192
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 16:37:25 (permalink)
noynekker
This issue has been reported to both Cakewalk and Celemony . . . status is "submitted to development"
CWBRN-62536

Well done.  I guess that means they are working on it.
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 17:46:27 (permalink)
I would also send in a dump file.
Cant say I have ever frozen a Melodyne clip myself. I used to use the freeze track option to free up resources when I had a less than stellar CPU but just out of curiosity, why freeze it anyway ?

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

mmarton
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 666
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 18:04:51 (permalink)
I've also recently been having crashing problems with Melodyne, similar symptoms as well.  Every time it happens and the fault reporter pops up I submit it so hopefully they have lots of data to go on.  I've found splitting clips into smaller sections helps.  Also I work around it by inserting melodyne into the clip as an effect, as opposed to using regionFx.  Seems to be more solid that way with almost no crashing.  Crashes almost every time if I try to use regionFx.  Hope they fix it soon.

Happy Sonar Platinum 64 bit Registered Owner
Epi Casino, Les Paul, Strat, Martin GPCPA3, Cort C4Z bass, Roland D20 Synth, TC Konnekt48, Sansamp BDDI, Roland JDXI, APS Klasiks, Windows 10 64bit
noynekker
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2016/12/28 20:09:48 (permalink)
chuckebaby
I would also send in a dump file.
Cant say I have ever frozen a Melodyne clip myself. I used to use the freeze track option to free up resources when I had a less than stellar CPU but just out of curiosity, why freeze it anyway ?

Sorry to hear about your problems.

For me freezing is kind of like insurance, if something happens (project corruption, system changes over time, new versions of plugins etc.) you always have the rendered audio track to fall back on, work is not lost. Freezing is also easier to manage than bouncing and creating multiple versions of all sorts of tracks, and also with Melodyne, when you unfreeze . . . it happens right away, no waiting . . . just start editing.

petrinkos
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2017/01/07 11:57:55 (permalink)
Hi,

I have the exact same issue you have.  I use melodyne the same way that you do.  I have also reported the problem to both Sonar and Melodyne.  If more of us report it there will be a higher chance of them correcting the issue. Being able to freeze and unfreeze at will makes it worth editing in Sonar.  Prior to 4.1 I used rewire so I could save my changes in Melodyne and then copy the rendered Melodyne tracks to track lanes in Sonar but this was very tedious.  I am hopeful for a speedy correction from Sonar as 4.1 as ARA dramatically improves my workflow.
Billy86
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 362
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2017/01/24 20:34:50 (permalink)
chuckebaby
Melodyne has been very stable here. I haven't had a crash with Melodyne since last year and I use it on every project just about.

- I only use it as a Region FX.
- I DO bounce to clips after I make my edits (Render it) Because think about it...Why would I want to go back to the original clip ? If I am using region FX this means the original was not worth saving anyway. However if it ever got that bad, I have a back up just like everyone else in the Projects Audio folder. So bouncing to clips might be destructive, but the original is still there (unless of course you are using the "Clean audio folder tool" after saving your project).

- I don't over use Melodyne because I don't think that's what it was ever intended for. (but that's only my opinion).
I use it sparingly to fix guitar mistakes, Vocal errors and anything else that might need a quick fix.
if something is so bad  that I would find myself using Melodyne on more than 50% of the track, I'd rather Re-record it .

I also use Vocal synch and drum replacer. those 3 region FX are my best tools for house cleaning.
this is typically the first step I take in the mix down process.

My whole planning set up (though not really related to anyone's comment on this thread) is:
I never use Melodyne to be something I am not. So with this, I have been fortunate to have success with Melodyne.
What im trying to say is, I work in sections and render as I go. As I said earlier, if the clip is bad enough that I need to use Melodyne, then it wasn't worth saving to begin with. However like any good producer, I get ADHD and try to fix more than I should. but with being said, still been lucky and had no problems, no crashes.

To those who do have crashes, im sorry for your issues. Try rendering as you go though and see if that makes a difference.
Remember you still have a back up in your Projects Audio folder if you labeled your tracks correctly.

When you say you have a "backup," are you cloning your raw vocal track into a second track and then hiding the second "backup" track for safekeeping, in case you want to start from scratch?

Thanks.

Windows 10 x64 on a Dell/Intel i5, 500 Gig SSD, 32 gig RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Sonar Professional, Melodyne 4 Assistant, Kurzweil SP-76 stage piano, Baldwin RP 100 digital upright, Novation Impulse 25, Breedlove Pursuit Concert Acous/Elec, Fender American Standard Tele, Fender G-DEC 30 modeling amp, Sigma DM-5 Acoustic, Ovation MCS148 Celebrity Acous/Elec. Mandolin, Roland V-Drums TD-11KV, AKG P220, Yamaha MG82CX mixer, KRK Rokit 6 Powered Monitors, PreSonus FaderPort
JAWilcox
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2017/02/20 16:54:29 (permalink)
I've got exactly the same problem as noynekker. I have just started trying out Melodyne on a couple of short phrases of vocal takes, to tighten things up. I don't have exactly a powerful computer so I like to freeze tracks when I can to lighten the CPU load, and then if I want to come back and edit then I can just unfreeze and away you go. However, as I discovered this morning, this doesn't work with Melodyne. If I freeze a track and then try to save, Sonar crashes. I've tried this on a number of projects and it happens without fail. 
I've submitted the error reports so hopefully there might be a fix in the works before long.
msorrels
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1025
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2017/02/20 17:46:45 (permalink)
Here's the call stack on this easy to reproduce bug (just followed the steps above).  While it's possible it's a SONAR problem, the call stack makes me suspect it's more a Melodyne problem and thus the odds of it being fixed soon are very low.

-Matt

The Grim
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2017/02/21 02:46:39 (permalink)
msorrels

Here's the call stack on this easy to reproduce bug (just followed the steps above).  While it's possible it's a SONAR problem, the call stack makes me suspect it's more a Melodyne problem and thus the odds of it being fixed soon are very low.

while it may be a melodyne problem, it also may not be, in studio one if you do the same with it's 'track freeze' equivalent 'transform to rendered audio' there are no issues, i know less than nothing when it comes to programing and how this stuff works, but one could be forgiven for thinking if x plugin was inherently broken, had an issue, it would be in all hosts, perhaps not but . . . . one of the reasons i think studio ones ara and melodyne integration is superior, far less issues and quirks than you get with sonar when dealing with melodyne.
dwardzala
Re: Sonar Platinum and Melodyne Studio 4.1 - CRASHFEST 2017/02/21 07:18:29 (permalink)
The Grim
msorrels

while it may be a melodyne problem, it also may not be, in studio one if you do the same with it's 'track freeze' equivalent 'transform to rendered audio' there are no issues, i know less than nothing when it comes to programing and how this stuff works, but one could be forgiven for thinking if x plugin was inherently broken, had an issue, it would be in all hosts, perhaps not but . . . . one of the reasons i think studio ones ara and melodyne integration is superior, far less issues and quirks than you get with sonar when dealing with melodyne.

I don't have S1 but this sound more like Sonar's "Render Region Effects" than Freeze Track.

Dave
Win10 x64 Home

M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1