Sonar Platinum and VS700C control surface

Author
Glenville
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2015/08/28 10:18:38 (permalink)

Sonar Platinum and VS700C control surface

Hello MR. Anderson,

I am Glenville Leader from a small Island call St Kitts and Nevis, I'm also a proud owner of Sonar platinum and the Vs700c console. This console was recommended to me by a Mr. Bob Mondock from Sweatwater many years ago. I must say i have been loving sonar for the direction in which the advancement is going but quite recently there has been some doubt about the longevity of the VS700c console with the integration of windows 10. I am making a strong appeal for you and the great people at Cakewalk to liaise with Roland to lobby for the update of windows 10 drivers for the VS700c console or event try to see if Sonar can strike a deal to upgrade these drivers with some sort of bilateral arrangement with Roland. I can tell you it is the center piece of my home studio and when I purchased it it was very expensive reason being here in st Kitts we have to pay import duties which is almost the cost of the product,Its Like buying the product twice hence I would hate to see it been discontinued because of  the lack of driver update after such an hefty investment. I know the process is not as simple but I crave your indulgence in providing support for all those people who had invested in the Vs 700c and Sonar. I must add it is a beautifully crafted console and would hate to see it go because of the lack of diver update.
I will like to thank you in advance for even taking time our to read my post and I hope to get a favorable response if not I sincerely thank you anyway as I would continue to be a avid sonar user.
I surely do hope some arrangement can be worked out to provide technical support so we can have the tight integration with the VS700c console and Sonar for many years to come.
Have wonderful day gods blessings to you and your Family.

Regards
Glenville Leader
ST Kitts and Nevis

Cakewalk by Bandlab,Sonar Platinum, 16 gigs ram, I7 core processor, Sweetwater creation station rack xt,focusrite saffire liguid56, Cakewalk VS700 console, Focusrite Octopre MKII Dynamic,Mackie HR824Mk2,JBL Powered Sub

2 Replies Related Threads

torerk
    Re: Sonar Platinum and VS700C control surface 2015/09/11 15:11:11 (permalink)
    Hello Glenville.
    I guess you have already seen it, but I just want to mention that the win 8 drivers with a slight modification works perfectly with win 10. See the threads about it in this forum, it is fairly easy to fix. At least for me it has been very stable. Good luck.

Tore
    Glenville
    Re: Sonar Platinum and VS700C control surface 2015/09/11 16:39:08 (permalink)
    Hello Tore,

I'm on windows 7 but I'm currently working on a project as soon as it has been completed I will try to update and give windows 10 a try. I am hoping for the best because at this present moment the system is very stable. Thanks for the heads up bro.

Glenville

Cakewalk by Bandlab,Sonar Platinum, 16 gigs ram, I7 core processor, Sweetwater creation station rack xt,focusrite saffire liguid56, Cakewalk VS700 console, Focusrite Octopre MKII Dynamic,Mackie HR824Mk2,JBL Powered Sub
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1