Author
MimoJP
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
2018/05/13 09:29:48 (permalink)

Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4

Hello,

First a quick note:
Due to a Win 10 boot failure AND an (inevitable) HDD crash, I am now facing weeks/months to come for installing everything new.
So far, I got Sonar (legacy) back to working state, including all the platinum content (had all installers stored externally).
That was done via Command Center without any hiccups.
Kudos to the BandLab Team for keeping this functioning properly working!

My biggest surprise was actually that not even iLok (software) made any problems, despite a new HDD and different PC name. But I'm sure, sooner or later some other plugin(s) will complain that they cannot be de/reactivated without access to the former hardware.
---

Secondly:
To add insult to injury, my Novation SL49 MkII decided to ignore the "expression pedal" entirely (I think it's some fried chip) and - despite contacting the vendor (& local resale) it cannot be fixed anywhere soon, if at all.
---

So, I jumped ship and got me a Nektar P4, which, sadly, seems not to be too Sonar friendly.

My question/request would be: if there are any hints for working the Nektar P4 device with Sonar, I'd very much appreciate a share. Web searches didn't turn up very much (besides some years OLD (Nektar?) posts, stating that they'll improve the issue).

Problems so far are: I can't get the "control surface" thingy to work.
Then, I can't figure out how to accomplish that the pads trigger on midi channel 10, while the keys play another instrument on another midi channel.

So much for now, thanks much in advance for any related help.
Cheers

Windows 10 Pro x64
Sonar Platinum, Studio One Pro, Samplitude Pro X3, Harrison Mixbus
Korg T2, Yamaha SY85, Novation SL 49 MK II, Nektar P4, CME Xkey Air Bluetooth, ibanez blazer BL-500RB 1982
Visual: www.youtube.com/user/mimojapan
Audible: soundcloud.com/michajp/

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/13 18:57:19 (permalink)
Nektar have decided they want have full control on which DAWs are supported by P4 (proprietary protocol) and they have not included Sonar into the list (nor any from other 2 DAWs you put into your signature).

With these DAWs, P4 can work as a simple MIDI controller only, using pre-made (Studio One) preset or DIY (Sonar).

You have decided to pay money to Nektar for the support of Cubase/Bitwig/etc... Well, that was your decision

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/13 21:51:40 (permalink)
The P4 is mostly designed for Mac users and runs out of the box with Cubase and Logic. I think Azslow's masterpiece should make it work with Sonar or you could set it up via Act. I have a Nektar Impact LX88 which has a Sonar plugin, but the integration is far from perfect and probably better setup via ACT or Azslow. I use another DAW controller though so it doesn't bother me. I mostly just have its transport controls setup for when I'm recording a keyboard part.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/13 23:20:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MimoJP 2018/05/14 13:13:08
To get the maximum use out of your purchase with SONAR, you need to use AZSlow's (Alexey Zhelezov) AZ Controller. Go to his forum (http://www.azslow.com/index.php), click on the NEWS subforum (to download the latest version) or on the DOCUMENTATION subforum for I-can't-imagine-what.

Note that your install will be different, since you're not integrating an OSC controller, but this offers good info.

P.S. Don't waste ANY time trying to get the motorized fader to work other than manually.

P.P.S. SONAR doesn't support soft pickup (software value doesn't change until the controller value matches; touch a fader, the value jumps to the current fader position). The only real use I got out of the 9 faders on my P6 was to invert the value they sent and use them for the 9 drawbars on an organ.

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
Larry Jones
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 834
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/14 00:16:03 (permalink)
I have the Nektar Impact LX-61+ and it works fine with SONAR Platinum (they have a download specifically for SONAR ), and it's half the price of the P4. Maybe you could sell the P4 and step "down" to the LX?
I have to say, though, that it's too confusing using the 8-fader mixing controls on the LX. I haven't spent much time learning how to do it, and maybe I would get the hang of it eventually, but for now I only use the transport and record controls, and that does improve my workflow.

Note to azslow3, if you're reading: Would your Control Surface Integration improve the control I already have with my LX-61+? Or would it even work with the Nektar Impact series?

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
azslow3
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/14 08:35:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MimoJP 2018/05/14 13:13:22
Larry Jones
Note to azslow3, if you're reading: Would your Control Surface Integration improve the control I already have with my LX-61+? Or would it even work with the Nektar Impact series?

In case you wish it does something original plug-in can not do, I can say if that is possible. AZ Controller can do everything original plug-in does (for LX) and a bit more. But original plug-in is already there and LX preset for AZ Controller does not exist (yet).

TheMaartian
P.P.S. SONAR doesn't support soft pickup (software value doesn't change until the controller value matches; touch a fader, the value jumps to the current fader position). The only real use I got out of the 9 faders on my P6 was to invert the value they sent and use them for the 9 drawbars on an organ.

Sonar supports soft pickup in ACT plug-in. AZ Controller supports two other modes in addition,  "Instant" and "Endless imitation".

Note that unlike LX, P4 has encoders. That is more convenient way to control parameters, no need to "soft pickup", they are always in sync with the software. But the whole feedback (display, fader, leds) can not be organizes since that is undocumented proprietary part.

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
MimoJP
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/14 13:17:36 (permalink)
Hello,

Thanks a bunch for your hints!
I'll work my way through them and see how far I get.

Quick notes:
azslow3
With these DAWs, P4 can work as a simple MIDI controller only, using pre-made (Studio One) preset or DIY (Sonar).
You have decided to pay money to Nektar for the support of Cubase/Bitwig/etc... Well, that was your decision

Ok, I'll check out both. Sonar would be my preference though, since I am used to it and I am on a deadline for an upcoming live performance - not leaving much time for learning (and getting safe with on stage operations).

However, basically I just need to operate four or five VST instruments and any software allowing _some_ live tweaking will do. I don't need full control of everything.

35mm
The P4 is mostly designed for Mac users and runs out of the box with Cubase and Logic. I think Azslow's masterpiece should make it work with Sonar or you could set it up via Act. 

Well, that "Act" is also a bit of a riddle to me, never had the need to play with it further but I'll definitely check it out.

TheMaartian
To get the maximum use out of your purchase with SONAR, you need to use AZSlow's (Alexey Zhelezov) AZ Controller. Go to his forum (http://www.azslow.com/index.php), click on the NEWS subforum (to download the latest version) or on the DOCUMENTATION subforum for I-can't-imagine-what.

Note that your install will be different, since you're not integrating an OSC controller, but this offers good info.

P.S. Don't waste ANY time trying to get the motorized fader to work other than manually.

Thanks much to you all for the speedy info! It certainly gave me some hope and I'll dive right into it.
Cheers

Windows 10 Pro x64
Korg T2, Yamaha SY85, Novation SL 49 MK II, Nektar P4, CME Xkey Air Bluetooth, ibanez blazer BL-500RB 1982

Larry Jones
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/15 06:49:52 (permalink)
TheMaartian 
SONAR doesn't support soft pickup (software value doesn't change until the controller value matches; touch a fader, the value jumps to the current fader position).

I didn't know the term "soft pickup," (thanks!) but the driver supplied by Nektar for SONAR with the Impact LX series does support that function.

azslow3
In case you wish it does something original plug-in can not do, I can say if that is possible. AZ Controller can do everything original plug-in does (for LX) and a bit more. But original plug-in is already there and LX preset for AZ Controller does not exist (yet). 

Thanks, Alexey! My needs are simple, and my brain is almost full. I'll stick with the factory driver for now 

SONAR Platinum 2017.10 • CbB  Win10 • i7/2600 • 16GB RAM • Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 • NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/15 08:13:41 (permalink)
I really like the Nektar for its features but I don't use it with Sonar much other than for basic VSTi playing. It should be easy to set up the pads to any channel, hit the "setup" button, go to "controller edit", hit a pad and all its parameters (including transmission channel) come up. 
Larry Jones
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/16 03:47:05 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
I really like the Nektar for its features but I don't use it with Sonar much other than for basic VSTi playing. It should be easy to set up the pads to any channel, hit the "setup" button, go to "controller edit", hit a pad and all its parameters (including transmission channel) come up. 

My old D-50 finally became unusable a few months ago (thus the LX). The pads are much easier to use for drum parts. I am actually able to "play" live drums using the pads, which I could never do on keys. That said, I haven't begun to explore all the capabilities. I'm guessing the LX would not satisfy a real keyboard player. There must be limitations I don't even know about, but for me this thing has been great.

(And yes, the pads are fully assignable.)

MimoJP
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/16 05:24:34 (permalink)
Sanderxpander

Yep, that's what I did. Set pad channel to 10 (with drums VST on a track) and another instrument on channel 1 on another track. But now, when the channel 1 track is active and I hit the pad, it'll just play the VST on that channel and not the drums on channel 10.

I know it's possible in Sonar somehow because I did accomplish the same with the Novation SL49 about a year ago (but can't remember how I did it :D).

Windows 10 Pro x64

azslow3
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/16 06:53:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MimoJP 2018/05/16 13:37:34
Have you set the Input of corresponding tracks to <device> channel 1 / <device> channel 10 ? Plus input echo enabled on both. I mean not the channel of the track, which is the Output channel.

MimoJP
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/16 13:37:22 (permalink)
azslow3
Have you set the Input of corresponding tracks to <device> channel 1 / <device> channel 10 ? Plus input echo enabled on both. I mean not the channel of the track, which is the Output channel.

Right on, Sir!
Since it was a fresh install, the default "Always echo current MIDI track" was enabled (I totally forgot about that one). After disabling that, I'm now a step closer and have indeed the wanted output of different sound by keys and pads. Yay!

Thanks much for the hint.
Cheers

Windows 10 Pro x64

TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/16 15:14:15 (permalink)
azslow3
TheMaartian

Sonar supports soft pickup in ACT plug-in. AZ Controller supports two other modes in addition,  "Instant" and "Endless imitation".

Note that unlike LX, P4 has encoders. That is more convenient way to control parameters, no need to "soft pickup", they are always in sync with the software. But the whole feedback (display, fader, leds) can not be organizes since that is undocumented proprietary part.

Thank you for the clarification!

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
MimoJP
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/27 15:45:11 (permalink)
Hello,

I had checked out the AZ controller website and some related YT clips.
However, I didn't yet grasp the very details of it (I'm old guy but trying hard to understand though).

As far as I've checked, there was no preset or anything regarding the Nektar P4 found on the site.
So I do not understand (yet) if/how AZ controller would be different to the default generic controller setup.

One detail coming to mind (what I could not accomplish yet):
Per default, many buttons do send a "127" on push and "0" on release, which is useless to me without a "latch" function.

Does AZ controller have the powers to change that functionality?
Any further hints would be appreciated.

Cheers

Windows 10 Pro x64

azslow3
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/05/27 19:36:12 (permalink)
AZ Controller is a "generic" controller. But unlike default one it has the power to define arbitrary logic. The price of this flexibility is the complexity of preset definition. And so most presets was created by myself, in cooperating with device owners (unfortunately not manufacturers, they have not shown any interest, even in this situation where they could get for free what normally costs a lot of $$$).

There was no one with P4, so there is no preset for it. But we can create something, in case:
a) you more or less know what you want from the controller
b) that is technically possible (in MIDI mode of P4 and in Sonar, I mean full control of the device is proprietary and unknown and Sonar is not exposing everything to surfaces)
c) you have time and willing for that. We will have to do several tests online (the documentation does not mention several important points), discuss the functionality and later you will need to test the result (probably in several iterations). But you do not need any technical background for that, I can setup everything on your computer remotely and explain where to click to test new presets.

MimoJP
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/06/16 11:59:50 (permalink)
Hello again!

azslow3
And so most presets was created by myself, in cooperating with device owners (unfortunately not manufacturers, they have not shown any interest, even in this situation where they could get for free what normally costs a lot of $$$).

It's great that you did that and I fail to understand why manufacturers are not interested.

Today I tried "Reaper" - which has some P4 integration and I was surprised how much fun the P4 is when other functions than the "Internal" mode actually work. It's amazing that Reaper, with 1/10th of purchase price than the former SPLAT could do it but not Cakewalk:/
It was the first time that I didn't need to touch the PC mouse and could do everything on the P4.

But then, that's even more than I really need (more on that below).

azslow3 
There was no one with P4, so there is no preset for it. But we can create something, in case:
a) you more or less know what you want from the controller
b) that is technically possible (in MIDI mode of P4 and in Sonar, I mean full control of the device is proprietary and unknown and Sonar is not exposing everything to surfaces)
c) you have time and willing for that. We will have to do several tests online (the documentation does not mention several important points), discuss the functionality and later you will need to test the result (probably in several iterations). But you do not need any technical background for that, I can setup everything on your computer remotely and explain where to click to test new presets.

Ok, here I am, with a P4 in limited operation mode. IF it is of benefit for others too, then I'd gladly participate in creating something useful.
As for myself, I think it's probably better to switch my environment for LIVE playing to something else than Sonar.
Actually I just got VIP 3.1 and am currently testing around with it.

a) I don't need a full DAW on stage but what I want from the controller is just some faders and switches, as follows:

* Faders (mainly for drawbar control in Hammond Organs);
* Switches (latching/toggle ON-OFF for rotary, tremolo, wah, chorus, distortion etc.);
* Change to different, already setup sounds/tracks (Epiano, Piano, Organ, Strings incl. their FX setup) quickly;

Everything else (changing tremolo speed, amp distortion level etc.) would be a helpful plus but that seems pretty much possible already by default MIDI learn functions.

My approach by conventional ways was kind of working BUT it was very confusing to operate (see my recent few clips on YT).

That approach was: to have five different instruments fully loaded in Sonar but MUTED.
Then unmute each track when needed.
But the P4 has only eight buttons (with light indicators) to toggle stuff. These are the buttons below the eight faders. Since I used five of them already for activating the five used instruments during performance at different times, there were only three buttons left for functions like rotary speed, tremolo|wah|distortion on/off.

I checked the Reaper P4 functions and they actually do not use buttons but encoder knobs for switching on/off things. I guess that's better than nothing and I could get used to that.

b) For integration with Reaper, I did install "Panorama_P4_Reaper_Integration_Win_25062015.zip" from the Nektar website and "mapping_template_StudioOne_v1.4.zip" for S1. Please let me know if you should need these files.

c) My time is quite limited but I'd like to try anyways. It's for the good of humanity after all :-)
I already installed some SYSEX tool and Wireshark (+USBPcap) just in case.

Cheers

Windows 10 Pro x64

azslow3
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/06/16 20:49:42 (permalink)
MimoJP
Today I tried "Reaper" - which has some P4 integration and I was surprised how much fun the P4 is when other functions than the "Internal" mode actually work. It's amazing that Reaper, with 1/10th of purchase price than the former SPLAT could do it but not Cakewalk:/
It was the first time that I didn't need to touch the PC mouse and could do everything on the P4.

The integration was done by Nektar, not Cockos. They was also supporting Sonar with Impact (so they know how to do this), but for some reason they have not implemented it for P4/P6.

As for myself, I think it's probably better to switch my environment for LIVE playing to something else than Sonar.

Sorry to say (and with all respect to CW...), but I think that is a good idea.

c) My time is quite limited but I'd like to try anyways. It's for the good of humanity after all :-)
I already installed some SYSEX tool and Wireshark (+USBPcap) just in case.

I had no intention to "hack" Naktar proprietary protocol. They do not want publish it and I respect license rules.
My proposal was just about MIDI mode, f.e. to focus named tracks (an alternative for switching instruments), control particular parameters in plug-ins across tracks (an alternative for "Remote control", has advantages and disadvantages), have several "layers" of controls with different functions (using the same physical controls).

But as I wrote, all that make more sense for recording/mixing then for live play.

In any case, we can discuss that online and I can show how AZ Contoller works (on your system remotely). If interested, PM me your preferred day(s)/time (choosing reasonable for Germany and Japan time can be not so easy )

MimoJP
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/06/17 14:49:16 (permalink)
azslow3
MimoJP

The integration was done by Nektar, not Cockos. They was also supporting Sonar with Impact (so they know how to do this), but for some reason they have not implemented it for P4/P6.

Ah ok. Well, who knows, maybe it's within BandLab powers to get Nektar controllers integrated.

azslow3 
MimoJP

Sorry to say (and with all respect to CW...), but I think that is a good idea.

CW is still my tool of choice for everything else, just not for LIVE performances with the Nektar P4.

azslow3 
I had no intention to "hack" Naktar proprietary protocol. They do not want publish it and I respect license rules.
My proposal was just about MIDI mode, f.e. to focus named tracks (an alternative for switching instruments), control particular parameters in plug-ins across tracks (an alternative for "Remote control", has advantages and disadvantages), have several "layers" of controls with different functions (using the same physical controls).

But as I wrote, all that make more sense for recording/mixing then for live play.

In any case, we can discuss that online and I can show how AZ Contoller works (on your system remotely). If interested, PM me your preferred day(s)/time (choosing reasonable for Germany and Japan time can be not so easy )

I'll just learn how to use Reaper for now, since that is currently my only way to use this Nektar P4 controller as it is intended to, rather than taking up your time for re-inventing some wheel(s).

I do appreciate your offer though and I'll definitely check out your AZ Controller when I can make the time for it.

Windows 10 Pro x64

abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/06/17 21:19:41 (permalink)
MimoJP

Ok, here I am, with a P4 in limited operation mode. IF it is of benefit for others too, then I'd gladly participate in creating something useful.

a) I don't need a full DAW on stage but what I want from the controller is just some faders and switches, as follows:

* Faders (mainly for drawbar control in Hammond Organs);
* Switches (latching/toggle ON-OFF for rotary, tremolo, wah, chorus, distortion etc.);
* Change to different, already setup sounds/tracks (Epiano, Piano, Organ, Strings incl. their FX setup) quickly;

Everything else (changing tremolo speed, amp distortion level etc.) would be a helpful plus but that seems pretty much possible already by default MIDI learn functions.

My approach by conventional ways was kind of working BUT it was very confusing to operate (see my recent few clips on YT).

That approach was: to have five different instruments fully loaded in Sonar but MUTED.
Then unmute each track when needed.
But the P4 has only eight buttons (with light indicators) to toggle stuff. These are the buttons below the eight faders. Since I used five of them already for activating the five used instruments during performance at different times, there were only three buttons left for functions like rotary speed, tremolo|wah|distortion on/off.

As I was reading earlier in the thread where you mentioned only needing this functionality in a live performance setting, I was going to suggest that you take a look at VIP.  But you beat me to it. as you stated that you just got it!

VIP works as a standalone, or VST plugin, so no DAW required.

I think that since VIP now works with any controller as far as basic MIDI functions, it should be better suited for live performance than using a DAW if all you really need is a synth rack.  You should be able to MIDI map controls in VIP to your Nektar P4.

Then you can create one or more multis with up to eight instruments each for splits and/or layers, with presets already selected, for each song.  Add these multis to the a VIP setlist and call them up as needed during a performance.  The up/down arrows on a computer keyboard can navigate the multis in setlist slots, as well as the controls on a VIP integrated keyboard.  Don't know if that up/down function is accessible via MIDI CC from a generic MIDI controller, but that would be cool.

From the VIP 3 user guide http://www.akaipro.com/products/new-products/vip (under downloads):
Just as an artist’s setlist for a performance is a specific sequence of songs, a setlist in VIP is a
collection of patches and/or multis—“songs,” essentially—organized into “slots.” You can save and
export setlists for quick access in the future. This can be useful if you’ve found several patches that
sound good together or if you want to keep a record of what patches you used in a performance.
Setlists can contain patches from instrument plugins or entire multis. Setlists cannot contain effect
plugins, but multis will retain their insert effects, if any. They also include a tempo (in BPM) that will
be associated with each slot.

AKAI VIP 3.0 - Tutorial; Multi-instruments, browser, setlists (at the 6:15 mark)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=LBTBdRwsVdc

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
MimoJP
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/06/19 15:53:37 (permalink)
abacab
MimoJP

a) I don't need a full DAW on stage but what I want from the controller is just some faders and switches, 

As I was reading earlier in the thread where you mentioned only needing this functionality in a live performance setting, I was going to suggest that you take a look at VIP.  But you beat me to it. as you stated that you just got it!

VIP works as a standalone, or VST plugin, so no DAW required.

I think that since VIP now works with any controller as far as basic MIDI functions, it should be better suited for live performance than using a DAW if all you really need is a synth rack.  You should be able to MIDI map controls in VIP to your Nektar P4.

Thanks for chiming in!
Yes, indeed I'd only need something like a VST rack (with effect busses though).
However, sadly, "VIP 3.1" brought me back to the "Internal" only mode of the P4, just when I tasted the nice things it can do with Reaper :D

But besides that, I wasn't able to successfully get certain P4 buttons into "Toggle" mode, even the VIP stated so.
That's my problem from the very beginning actually with other DAWs.
Anyways, I'll dig deeper into it when there is time for it.

Cheers

Windows 10 Pro x64

abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Sonar Platinum with Nektar P4 2018/06/19 17:15:28 (permalink)
MimoJP

Thanks for chiming in!
Yes, indeed I'd only need something like a VST rack (with effect busses though).
However, sadly, "VIP 3.1" brought me back to the "Internal" only mode of the P4, just when I tasted the nice things it can do with Reaper :D

But besides that, I wasn't able to successfully get certain P4 buttons into "Toggle" mode, even the VIP stated so.
That's my problem from the very beginning actually with other DAWs.
Anyways, I'll dig deeper into it when there is time for it.

Cheers

Maybe run VIP as a VST plugin within Reaper.  Best of both!

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1