Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility

Author
Scottie Eades
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2010/02/22 02:21:57 (permalink)

Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility

If anyone can provide insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm have tried WDM/KS and ASIO (also... WASAPI and MME).
I get on of these depending on which combination of settings I pick:
1. distorted input monitoring,
2. an error message that says unable to open audio device, audio card does not support current recording format.
3. it doesn't recognize my usb recording device.

++++++++++++++++
I have a quad core 2.5ghz processor w/ 8 gig ram
win 7 64-bit
cakewalk sonar 8.5 (producer)
Delta 44 PCI audio card.
Boss GT-10

--I tried to buy the right gear, so I'm hoping it's just configuration.
does anyone have a solution or suggestions?
Thanks very much!
these forums are great!!
            Scottie

27 Replies Related Threads

mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 03:22:41 (permalink)
    The Delta 44 is not a USB recording device.

It is a combination of a PCI card and a breakout box which provides 4 input and 4 output connections. Don't know if M-Audio provides Win 7 drivers x64 drivers for the Delta cards.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 11326
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 03:32:45 (permalink)
    I used to have a Delta 44 working with Sonar, albeit 8.3 but I'd be very, very surprised if it wasn't compatible because of a version change.

First thing I'd do is chack that you have the latest drivers installed and in the Options->Audio menu make sure that the drivers are selected correctly. Start with ASIO and then try WDM, keeping notes on problems associated with each choice. It's easier for people to help you diagnose what messages/problems you are getting with your choices

1. distorted input monitoring,

Do you mean what you monitor is distorted but the recorded signal is okay? Either way that could be your levels too hot. IIRC there's a virtual mixer with the Delta where you can adjust incoming levels etc. Make sure they are okay.

2. an error message that says unable to open audio device, audio card does not support current recording format.

That sounds like you may have selected a sample rate too high for the delta. I can't remember the rates the delta supports but check that first. The rate is set in Sonar at Options->Audio->General tab about half way down.

3. it doesn't recognize my usb recording device.

The Delta isn't USB is it? I can't remember for sure but I thought it was PCI based. If that's the case it may be an installation error but if you can see the Delta as a choice in the Options->Audio->Drivers Tab it must be installed okay. You don't have a second interface at all? If so disable/unplug that. It's probably worth at the diagnosis stage of unplugging any USB devices anyway.

Perhaps someone currently using a Delta 44 with 8.5 will be of more help as I'm working from a somewhat hazy memory.

Phoenix
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1886
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 10:53:41 (permalink)
    I have a Delta 66 which uses the same drivers. The Delta 664 and 44 are both PCI. Perhaps it is sharing an IRQ with a USB hub? What other slots do you have open, and do they share IRQs?
    TimV
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 16:01:59 (permalink)
    I also had input monitoring distorton problems when I started using my 2496 card on a Vista 64 machine.  Disabling the network adapters in the Device Manager solved the problem.
    Dave King
    Max Output Level: -46.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2862
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 16:12:39 (permalink)
    I'm using a Delta 44 with Sonar 8.5.3 and not having any problems.  I'm using the ASIO driver.

Dave King
    www.davekingmusic.com

SONAR X2 Producer 64-Bit 
    StudioCat PC
    Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1 
    Intel Corel i5 3450 CPU @3.10 GHz 
    RAM 8 GB
    M-Audio Delta 44

M-Audio MidiSport 2x2

papa2005
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3250
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 16:15:49 (permalink)
    Scottie,

When you say "distorted input monitoring" what exactly do you mean? Is it an audio source (mic, guitar, external synth, etc.,) or internal softsynths?

Regards,
    Papa

CLICK HERE for a link to support for SONAR 8.5

CLICK HERE to view a list of video tutorials...

CLICK HERE for a link to Getting Started with Session Drummer 3...
    Lanceindastudio
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4604
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 17:44:43 (permalink)
    interesting mention of the disorting.

i have a delta 44 on a second machine set up with m-powered pro tools so I can open PT sessions when I am burdened too lol.

Anyway, I was running sonar with it a while back, and we were recording vocals, and we were getting a distortion, pretty digital sounding, on the way in, so I switched machines and went to my echo gina 3g setuo-

I like the sound of the gina better anyway (I hear a little more high end in it, not much, but I hear it), but it is interesting to know somebody else had some distortion on the way in-

I wasnt using input monitoring(input echo for hearing effectson busses live), just the plain signal coming in- If I remember correctly, it sounded clean on the way in, but the recording had distortion- not sure though, but it was definitely captured in the recording-

Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS Motherboard   
    i7 3770k CPU
    32 gigs RAM
    Presonus AudioBox iTwo
    Windows 10 64 bit, SONAR PLATINUM 64 bit
    Lots of plugins and softsynths and one shot samples, loops
    Gauge ECM-87, MCA SP-1, Alesis AM51
    Presonus Eureka
    Mackie HR824's and matching subwoofer
    Scottie Eades
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 20:17:50 (permalink)
    Thanks very much for all the input.... I will print them all and go through them carefully.

I had also submitted a tech support request to Sonar, but haven't heard anything back yet,
    so I'm glad you all have responded.

on the usb comment.... sorry, it must be the way I worded it.
    I didn't mean to say the delta 44 was usb... 'cause I know it's not.
    I meant that using the delta 44 as my only sound card,
    the Boss GT-10 plugged into the usb port was distorted and latent.
    and when choosing ASIO, sonar no longer recognized the GT-10's usb input.
    btw - it's not just the input, but the recorded track as well.

I am monitoring input on that track by clicking the monitor icon on that sonar track.
    maybe I should only monitor using an output from the GT-10.
    anyway...
    I'll go through the options and make notes so we can collectively get to the bottom if the issue.
    I just bought the delta 44, so if I need to send it back for something else, I definitely will.

post edited by Scottie Eades - 2010/02/22 20:19:58
    kevinwhitect
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 376
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 21:21:47 (permalink)
    I wouldn't take it back yet.

In 8.5.2 , the D44 worked fine in WDM mode for me ... alongside an Echo Layla to boot. 

When Echo rolled out the Win7 drivers, I went to ASIO and left the D44 behind. Still ... it recorded and worked fine in WDM ...

It might be something else ... I'd explore further.

All my music is free for download at:  

KevinWhiteMusic.com

The Rig:
    i7 950 Processor
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R V.2 Mobo
    12G Corsair DDR3 RAM
    OS Drive: Samsung 500G SSD
    Program/Storage Drives: Samsung 500G SSD (x3)
    Windows 10 Pro (Anniversary) x64
    Layla 24/96 on ASIO Drivers
    Sonar Platinum 

stratman70
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3044
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 21:46:18 (permalink)
    Scottie Eades

Thanks very much for all the input.... I will print them all and go through them carefully.

I had also submitted a tech support request to Sonar, but haven't heard anything back yet,

I am monitoring input on that track by clicking the monitor icon on that sonar track.
    anyway...
    I'll go through the options and make notes so we can collectively get to the bottom if the issue.
    I just bought the delta 44, so if I need to send it back for something else, I definitely will.

I have pretty much the same software-with an i7 920\etc. I used to use my GT-10 to record. I never got the USB o0utput to record well. I used the anolog outs to a hardware mixer and the recordings were nice. I don't use the GT-10 anymore, but the anolog outs always worked for me. Using a Delta Auiophole2496 same drivers as yours.

stratman70
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/22 21:49:20 (permalink)
    Scottie Eades

anyway...

Seriously doubt it's the Delta 44 unless it defective. Plenty of people using it here. As in my other post, I am using the same drivers. See my post about your GT-10. Also, the Boss GT site forum is great place to get recording help for the GT-10. Friendly forum just like this one. Plenty of knowledgeable folks there.
     Google boss gt forums
    edited: my spelling is great, it's my typing that s**ks :-)

Scottie Eades
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/23 01:29:26 (permalink)
    okay... here's what I've learned.

1.  downloaded the latest drivers for the delta44 (not the beta ones) Delta_6_0_2_5_10_0_5074.
    2.  downloaded the win 7 64 bit drivers for the Boss GT-10 (to match my OS)
    3.  then got rid of the USB (boss GT-10) and connected a guitar cable from the GT-10 to input 1 on the delta 44.
    4.  verified there is NO wireless network card in my system (the desktop sits right next to the router, so I use cable).
    5.  Gain Staging - checked the signal from source to output and verified signal levels are NOT peaking.
    6.  Checked the control panel to make sure there were NO hardware conflicts. (disabled the onboard soundcard).
    ---the good news first---
    starting with ASIO and then trying WDM/KS here's what I've found.
    The names of the drivers change a little but both seem to work about the same.
    the input monitored signal and recorded signal both are distortion free.
    no dropouts are error messages.
     (previous error message was caused by the output defaulting to the GT-10 USB crap)
    --- the bad news---
    I used the step sequencer on session drummer and set up a basic beat.
    with the basic beat playing back (I had to set the output of the M-Audio control panel to "sw rtn" or...
    if I set it to mixer I then had to set inputs to monitor "sw rtn".)
    using the M-Audio Control Panel  and every option of mixer, sw rtn, in 1,2,3,4 and so on.
    The latency was bad enough that I couldn't play in sync with the drum track.
    This was with the latency slider in sonar audio config screen all the way to the left (fastest).
    after a couple hours of trying everything, I moved the guitar input to ch. 3 on the M-audio breakout box.
    this allowed me to monitor the sonar playback and input at the same time.
    I can stay with the drum track... but I still don't like it. The guitar sounds like a 50's slapback delay, and
    you can't change it.  I didn't get that with my soundblaster audigy.
    so... I'm happy it's closer, but if that's as good as it gets, I'm sending the delta 44 back and get something else.

one thing... the USB thing was important because I also have an ART Voicechannel pre-amp that I love!!
    I can just connect a cable to the delta but if it has a USB interface, it seems like I should be able to use it.

hope this hasn't been too wordy... but I wanted to provide details.
    I'm usually optimistic, but I'm getting frusted... I've got deadlines to meet.... don't we all :)

ideas? comments?
    you all have been a big help and I appreciate it!
                        Scottie

post edited by Scottie Eades - 2010/02/23 01:31:30
    FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/23 02:06:31 (permalink)
    I can't remember enough about the Delta routing and set up to be of much help, but it sounds to me like you need to use direct monitoring of the guitar rather than input monitoring. That way the latency (which is giving you the slapback sound) won't exist.

I wouldn't give up on the Delta yet, they are pretty good cards and I'm sure you'll find it's just a setup issue as opposed to hardware.

In fact if you are hearing a slapback as well as the original signal you may just need to turn off input monitoring which is one of the icons in the guitar audio track, next to the "R" button IIRC. See the help file or hover the mouse over the button, I think it's called input echo.

Maybe another Delta user who's more familiar with the routing, direct monitoring etc. will jump in and help.
    stratman70
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/23 08:33:33 (permalink)
    2  You can go change the delta 44, but all you will do is waste your time and money.Buy a $99 Mackie vlz3 It has 4 channels and 2 very descent mic pre's. That is how I always recorded with my GT-10 when I used it (I have the 12 channel version of that mixer). Sounded very good. I now use an AXE FX Ultra, but I still use a mixing board. Makes all the duifference in the world for me. Never ever have to worry about latency or monitoring what your recording. Well gotta go to work

papa2005
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3250
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/23 08:47:42 (permalink)
    Ditto to what stratman said...When you plug the GT-10 in via USB it is acting as its own soundcard. I've always used an external mixer (with a couple of patchbays to access external hardware such as the ART) and latency is not an issue (nor is distortion unless I'm not paying attention! *LOL*)...

To consider dropping the Delta in favor of the SoundBlaster is a major mistake, IMO...

Regards,
    Papa

CLICK HERE for a link to support for SONAR 8.5

CLICK HERE to view a list of video tutorials...

CLICK HERE for a link to Getting Started with Session Drummer 3...
    chilldanny
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/23 11:31:28 (permalink)
    In the M-audio control panel do this:

On the Hardware tab tick the box that says 'disable asio direct monitoring'.
    Goto the Mixer tab and mute all your inputs.
    On the Output tab select 'sw-rtn' for all your outputs.

Now in Sonar simply select the audio track you want to record on, select your input, enable record AND the input echo.
    With the audio engine running you should now hear whatever is going through your chosen input.
    (e.g. if you want to record something connected to inputs 1/2 on the breakout box select 1/2 as your input on your Sonar track)

Obviously the performance of monitoring through Sonar will always depend on your Asio buffer setting, and with your system spec you should be able to keep it very low.

If memory serves me correctly I'm pretty sure this is the correct setup for the Delta 44, BUT it's been a few years since I used my trusty 44 so don't take it as fact lol.

If it doesn't work google Delta-44 setup or some such and you'll be away, especially if you want to monitor directly through the 44 as I've always monitored through Sonar and haven't a clue!!!

Hope this helps

* Windows10 (x64), Focusrite Safire Pro24, Sonar Platinum (x64) * MacOS High Sierra, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 *

Danny M
    daveny5
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/23 13:38:33 (permalink)
    Get the Windows 7 x64 driver from the M-Audio website.
    Use it in WDM mode.
    I have a similar setup and its working fine. I did get some distortion using it in ASIO mode. I think the Delta44 works best in WDM mode and you get the same latency, 5.8msec, as ASIO.

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    Dave King
    Max Output Level: -46.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2862
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/23 19:45:28 (permalink)
    +3

As I mentioned earlier, I use a Delta 44 card.  However, I do not use input monitroing through Sonar.  Tried it once and soon realized it was more trouble than it was worth.  I monitor while tracking through my Mackie mixer.

Dave King
    www.davekingmusic.com

SONAR X2 Producer 64-Bit 
    StudioCat PC
    Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1 
    Intel Corel i5 3450 CPU @3.10 GHz 
    RAM 8 GB
    M-Audio Delta 44

M-Audio MidiSport 2x2

Phoenix
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1886
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/23 20:17:58 (permalink)
    I use input monitoring in Sonar on a Delta 66 (same drivers) with no issues.
    Scottie Eades
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/27 01:19:31 (permalink)
    Final Conclusion....

I was able to resolve most of the issues with the M-Audio Delta 44 card; however this card will not serve my purpose... and here's why.

If I close Sonar and all other DAW software. ONLY using the Delta mixer interface software.
    I connect my computer speakers (or any other monitoring device) to outputs 1,2.
    I plug a guitar FX output into input 1,2,3 or 4... doesn't matter.
    In order to hear the guitar as I play (no latency) I set the outputs to mixer and set the mixer to monitor input (whichever I'm plugged into). That allows me to hear guitar but if I were playing back a previously recorded track such as Drums, Bass, etc. from Sonar, or even a raw wave file. It will not be heard UNLESS I choose "software return". at that point I also hear mixed in with the playback, the guitar as I play but with about 1/2 second delay.
    There is NO way, I can find to turn this off.
        I believe it is working as designed, but I don't see how everyone has made that work.
    I can ignore the slapback delay sound and record, after which playback is fine. But I really don't care to have a delay on every guitar track I ever record, it's truly annoying.
    direct monitoring by running a second output from guitar FX to mixer still doesn't remove the delay sound, and I've tried every possible combination of the software mixer.

-- There are many satisfied users out there, so it must be that I'm way out in left field or something. But here's the kicker.....  I bought a E-MU 1212m PCI, and within 20 minutes, had it working fine!!  I'm sending the delta 44 back. The 1212m has more I/O and a much better mixer software interface. I wasn't able to use WDM, It just records really choppy audio and I get dropouts. But I switched to ASIO and it works great!! it's weird but I have to choose the last stereo output ASIO stereo 31 to get output to the soundcard. But it does work.... I'm sure it's config that I'll eventually get figured out.
    *** I will move future posts about the E-mu 1212m to a different post, so it can be found more easily.
    comments?
    thanks for all the help so far.
       Scottie
    FastBikerBoy
    Forum Host
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/27 03:41:50 (permalink)
    Glad you are sorted but your comment

it's weird but I have to choose the last stereo output ASIO stereo 31 to get output to the soundcard.

has me a little confused. Do you mean that you are running an internal onboard soundcard as well as the Delata/E-mu? If so I'm pretty sure that will be/have been the cause of your woes. They will just have manifested themselves in different ways for the two different interfaces. The Delta/E-MU are your soundcard and any internal soudcard is best disabled in the BIOS.

If not I've just mis-understood you, but either way at least you are recording now.
    Scottie Eades
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/02/27 09:12:47 (permalink)
    FBB,
    all I have is the E-mu 1212m PCI... the onboard sound card is disabled.
    when I pick WDM... I get  about 4 names for the 1212 drivers.. something like WAVE 1/2, Wave 3/4 -
    -- when I pick ASIO drivers I get (something close to this)
    "L In Em-u 1"
    "R In E-mu 2
    "Stereo Emu 1/2)
    ... and it repeats all the way to 31, which is the only one that outputs sound to the speakers.
    **hence the "Weird" comment.
    ever seen that before?

FreddySafari
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/03/03 15:18:23 (permalink)
    Hi
    I´ve same problem. Brand new PC (Win7 64bit), Delta 44 PCI and Sonar 8.
    Latest drivers for Delta installed.
    This distortion´s driving me crazy! Sometimes there´s almost nothing, sometimes it appears after 15-30 sec and sometimes it´s there right on start. It´s always increasing ("gentle" at beginning and louder and louder).

I´ve tried ASIO, WDM .... Disabled the internal soundcard, USB, screansavers and so on. Still there!!
    Someone talked about "network adapters". Could that be the problem?
    What about firewall, anti-virus apps? 

Really don´t have the money for a new soundcard right now........

/Fred

daveny5
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/03/03 22:17:05 (permalink)
    The Delta44 works great in WDM mode, just make sure you download and install the Windows7 x64 driver.

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    mudgel
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/03/03 22:38:07 (permalink)
    I've read the whole thread and don't recall anyone mentioning the ASIO limitation of only 1 device available at any time in SONAR.

This is an ASIO limitation. Nothing to do with SONAR. This can create havoc, if you have a number of sound devices connected to your PC and turned on when you start SONAR then only the one listed first by Windows will be available in SONAR.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Scottie Eades
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/03/06 00:31:09 (permalink)
    I no longer have the Delta 44, replaced it with the E-mu 1212m.
    I solved the problem of having to use the input 32 on the E-mu 1212m. It was just a matter of setting up the mixer correctly. I followed the instructions and it worked perfectly.
    I did find out about the ASIO limitation of one driver, that it is ASIO and not Sonar causing the limitation. But why don't the WDM drivers work? Is that Sonar or E-mu?
    I would prefer being able to use my other interfaces. It may be possible to route them through ASIO in the 1212m Mixer Software, I will try that soon.
    I also found a third party app call ASIO4ALL, It has good reviews. I tried it but it didn't really do anything for me. The issue with Pro Sound cards is that they don't support direct-x, so if you are using to streaming Audio and creating a wave file, some apps won't perform that function with E-mu or M-audio. However, you can accomplish that task in Sonar. It just seems crazy that you would have to use such a high end program for a simple task.
    But back to the WDM drivers not working for E-mu cards... they provide up to date drivers, so why don't they work?
    anybody know?

mudgel
    Re:Sonar Producer 8.5 / M-Audio Delta 44 - Compatibility 2010/03/06 00:39:17 (permalink)
    ASIO4ALL is a good attempt by its programmer to provide a wrapper for WDM drivers that tricks the system into believing you have ASIO drivers. It seems to work really well for some and poorly for others. Usually related to how badly written the WDM drivers are.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1