Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file

Author
Ed Gober
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2018/02/04 18:09:19 (permalink)

Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file

Long story short......I haven't used my Sonar Professional program in the last several months, (everything worked great!) Last weekend I remixed an old project and tried to export it to a wave file. It just cycled what seemed like forever with no results.  I tried converting it into an MP3...same results (nothing).  I've downloaded and installed all the recent updates for Sonar Professional and have been researching all the forums in the hopes of identifying the problem.  I've seen some discussions on updating an MP3 encoder, but didn't know if that would be causing the inability to export to a wave file. I'm running Windows 8.1 and the only thing that I've done to this computer is just the occasional Windows updates.  If anybody has suggestions, I would really appreciate it!  Thanks in advance! 

10 Replies Related Threads

Keni
    Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5769
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/04 19:56:32 (permalink)
    Two things come to mind.

One is verifying if any time region/tracks/clips are selected or if nothing is selected (defaults to select all).
    The other thought is the obvious reboot?

Another thought is to verify the selected options in the export dialogue to see if the correct sources are selected?

Keni Fink
    Keni - Facebook
    Deep Space Records
    http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
    http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
    Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
    Ed Gober
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/04 20:24:06 (permalink)
    Thanks Keni for your reply!  It looks as though I have a corrupt file in the program which wasn't allowing the song to be converted into a wave file or mp3.  I tried some previous songs and converting was able to work fine!  I am disappointed as I have spent a lot of time on this particular piece and see no other way than to delete this and to start over.  Again, thank you very much for the suggestions!
    Keni
    Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5769
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/04 21:28:43 (permalink)
    Ed Gober
    Thanks Keni for your reply!  It looks as though I have a corrupt file in the program which wasn't allowing the song to be converted into a wave file or mp3.  I tried some previous songs and converting was able to work fine!  I am disappointed as I have spent a lot of time on this particular piece and see no other way than to delete this and to start over.  Again, thank you very much for the suggestions!

Depending on what is corrupted, you may be able to retrieve it manually in the song's audio folder?

Keni Fink
    Keni - Facebook
    Deep Space Records
    http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
    http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
    Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
    sharke
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/04 21:50:27 (permalink)
    My first suggestion would be some rogue Melodyne clip or other, if you use Melodyne. I've had projects become corrupted by Melodyne clips. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    Ed Gober
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/05 02:02:40 (permalink)
    I haven't used Melodyne on the song, but I will try the audio folder. I was wondering about possibly deleting an entire track and trying to convert the remaining song into a wave file....if the problem persists, I would reinstate the deleted track and try deleting another track...and so on. I've got several VST's that I've not used before, and wonder if that might be a place to start? Thank you for the suggestions!
    Clydewinder
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 941
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/05 03:18:14 (permalink)
    can you re-save the song with a different name and freeze all of the track to see if that clears it up?

The Poodle Chews It.

Sir Les
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1182
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/05 06:48:10 (permalink)
    Well if that project is playing back fine...can you re record it via routing all to new muted track, and record it all to?..or...using another computer/tape deck/ or bounce all to stereo track to save the final render...might help?.....if bouncing all tracks to a stereo track...you might be able to mute the others, then...save that new track as wav or mp3...perhaps....or after bounce delete the problem tracks...keeping only the bounce then try the save feature....if it still does not work out...you can undo the deletes, and save/close reopen...try again...perhaps another device might help save the stereo mix...in re-record...and make a new project, play back the device and record it back into sonar as a stereo track, to make the mp3 from it.

Good tape decks are a must have in da tech studio!

Cheers

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
    2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
    fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/05 11:23:03 (permalink)
    I had a problem on saving wav files with a project.  The mixed down song file when saved had the R/L "stereo" off (more on one side than the other).  Turned out to be a problem in the template I was using.  I had used the template before without problems but for whatever reason when I used it that one project all the songs (there were 10 songs) mixed down with more signal on one side than the other.  I manually corrected each song - they were really mono songs so just changing the level on the "bad" side was all that was required and I did that after the mixdown with an audio editor (Goldwave).

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/05 12:07:05 (permalink)
    - Try turning 64 bit off in Mixdown settings
    - Make sure you have the most recent Windows C++ visual updates
    - Check to make sure your Audio device drivers are up to date
    - Cycle "Fast bounce" on or off (try both).

In my experiences, I have found the audio device seems to be the secret here.
    Audio device to record, playback are not as critical as when mixing down. Mixdown, bounce needs a lot of CPU.
    What are you using or your Audio device ?

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Ed Gober
    Re: Sonar Professional project won't mix into wave file 2018/02/06 02:07:18 (permalink)
    Sorry for the delay in responding to the suggestions......I, unfortunately, will not be able to be at my computer that has the Sonar program on it because of being on the road, due to work for the next 3-4 days. I sincerely appreciate everybody that took the time to offer their insight and expertise and I will hopefully be able to try them later this week.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1