Sonar Transport Not Stopping

Author
bsheen
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2016/05/01 13:50:47 (permalink)

Sonar Transport Not Stopping

Since upgrading to Platinum, the transport no longer stops at the end of the song.  At first I thought it was just the song I had originally recorded in a previous version.  However, I just started a new project and recorded one simple midi track about 1:07 long and the transport just keeps going.  It used to stop when it got to the end of the midi track or the end of the last track (albiet, midi or audio).  I didn't use the mod wheel or sustain pedal that would cause more info to be recorded.  

Though I will say that in the other song I had mentioned, there is a piano vst loaded, and when I hit stop on the transport I can hear the sustain pedal is being depressed.  In this song I only have one vst loaded (Omnisphere).

Any help would be appreciated.  

3 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re: Sonar Transport Not Stopping 2016/05/01 14:12:43 (permalink)
    Check in the Track view the following.

Options > Stop at Project end (Needs to be checked for the project to stop at the last piece of data in the project)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    bsheen
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re: Sonar Transport Not Stopping 2016/05/01 14:31:21 (permalink)
    Ah ha!  Thanks!  I was looking in the preferences...and obviously I couldn't find it.

Thanks!!
    lawajava
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: Sonar Transport Not Stopping 2016/05/01 19:31:50 (permalink)
    bsheen
    Ah ha!  Thanks!  I was looking in the preferences...and obviously I couldn't find it.

Thanks!!

That has nothing to do with my issue however.  My situation is that for whatever reason (and this happens when I have songs/projects in Sonar with absolutely no effects, so it's not an effect, and when I have a VST for like a keyboard or some sound, then after a while the transport just stops functioning.  The stop button becomes greyed out and the song timeline just moves along.  Often the audio stops functioning at this point.  I can save the song, and reopen Sonar and all is well.  This happens to be me often.  Regardless of what VST I put in.  It's not attributable (as far as I can tell) to any specific VST or VSTs.  It does seem specific to me since this is the first post where I've seen anyone else mention the symptom happening to them.

I'm living with it for now.  I have SSD drives and saving and re-opening just takes a few seconds.  But it is strange and didn't happen until sometime in mid 2015.  It's been consistently happening to me every day and every session I work with Sonar since - but I'm still a fan and tolerating it.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1