Sonar X1 (64 bit and 32 bit) and Altiverb 6

Author
dannthr
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 76
2011/01/02 12:01:17 (permalink)

Sonar X1 (64 bit and 32 bit) and Altiverb 6

Hey folks,

I'm mixing some tracks with Altiverb and I'm running into something funky.

I'm getting a frequent click when running Altiverb in X1 64bit, and I thought, okay, fine, no problem, Altiverb is a 32-bit process, so I'll just do my final mix-down in X1 32-bit.

Well, I have all my instances going fine, it sounds great, but when I freeze tracks or export audio, the clicks return.

I mean, hell, it's running great in real-time, the clicks return when I freeze the tracks or mix-down the audio via export.

What's the deal?  What should I do about this?

1 Reply Related Threads

jimkleban
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1319
    Re:Sonar X1 (64 bit and 32 bit) and Altiverb 6 2011/01/02 12:59:46 (permalink)
    Not much you can do with it... Audioease has specifically stated that AV6 will not be supported in a x64 OS... 

I got AV to work for awhile myself but all these little issues kept creeping up.... AV7 will support 64 bit operation.  They stated that AV7 would be out by summer 10 at the last NAMM... well, that has come and gone.

Aram (the mod at the AE forum) is a bit of an arrogant dude and doesn't offer much hope about AV7, let alone help getting it to work x64.

So, I am going to miss the stereo IRs, but have found much better IRs for music (MOREVOX, REDWIRE, etc) from a few sources and have been using Perfect Space in a successful manner.

I hate the thought of throwing all the Altiverb money down the tube but that company has really let me down over the years and I for one, won't buy AV7 unless they basically give it away for free for AV6 users (which I doubt).

Jim

The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI
    www.lldom.com

Studio Cat Custom i7 with Thunderbolt (wonderful system built and configured by our own Jim R)
    Apollo Duo (via TB)
    UAD Quad
    UAD Duo
    WIN 8.1 x64 with 32 GB Ram
    4 SSD for programs and sample libraries
    Splat (latest version)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1