Sonar X1d - Volume Fader suddenly reads zero but actually set lower volume

Author
ovni
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2014/07/20 10:30:20 (permalink)

Sonar X1d - Volume Fader suddenly reads zero but actually set lower volume

Hello everyone,
I've had Sonar X1 for a while (obviously), but I hadn't experienced this until just a few weeks ago. I'm inclined to think is some king of bug, and I'm just wondering if anybody has come across this before and found a way to fix it or if it's just something i'm doing wrong or missing.
Basically, all of the sudden I opened one my projects that I'm already far along in and on most of the synth's instrument tracks the volume fader is at zero gain. Looking at the meters is obvious that the gain is still what it was set at before (somewhere at -22 db for example) but the 'volume' fader is reading '0' (zero) and now I can only increase it by 6 db's. I've tried 'double clicking' on the fader but it just seems like the fader went from it's previous setting (-22) to zero, but the actual volume remains the same at -22. So it's basically reading 0 when it should be -22. Like I said, most of the instrument tracks are doing this except for the ones I most recently added to the project. I can figure some ways to increase the volume w/ additional plugins, etc. but I'm just wondering if this may have been caused by some 'short cut' I may have hit by accident or is it just some bug in X1d.
 Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks guys!

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Sonar X1d - Volume Fader suddenly reads zero but actually set lower volume 2014/07/20 10:33:27 (permalink)
    If there is a "+" next to the volume and pan controls, the project is in Offset mode. The letter "O" toggles Offset mode.
    ovni
    Re: Sonar X1d - Volume Fader suddenly reads zero but actually set lower volume 2014/07/20 12:44:53 (permalink)
    a ha!...Thanks so much...I couldn't remember how to get out of off set mode! thanks!

ovni
    Re: Sonar X1d - Volume Fader suddenly reads zero but actually set lower volume 2014/07/21 20:00:25 (permalink)
    thanx man!...that was it!...I thought of it, but didn't investigate it further. that's happens when you light up and work on projects late at night :) thanks a bunch!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1