Sonar or Cubase?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
topdown
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: RE: Sonar or Cubase? 2009/07/30 06:55:34 (permalink)
well i have bought sonar 8 p mainly because i knew sonar since 1.3 (4, 6 and 7) and i always found it to be very easy to understand and use. the hardest thing to understand about sonar was how to freeze synths, and if thats my biggest challenge in understanding how a program works and what it does, then its REALLY easy to use.

another thing that made me buy sonar 8 was the massive amount of plug ins. i have received my sonar 8 yesterday and did only skip through the included dimension pro conent and find it amazingly good. i also have kontakt 3, but i already know that i will be using dimension a lot more than kontakt. and i haven't even tried all the effects plug ins and the other instruments.

correct me if i'm wrong, but does a cubase version of a similar pricing come with that many effects and instruments? especially for smaller budgets i'd say sonar is the product to buy if you want as much for your money as you can get (and don't we want that all?).

that dongle thing would only be of relevance to me if i intended to buy additional libraries that rely on their own dongles (vsl, ilok bla bla bla, soon you have all usb ports blocked with dongles ...).

so, thats my 2 teeth. sorry, cents.

input: yamaha s90, roland hp-207e
software: kore 2, komplete 6, sonar 8.5.2
output: behringer truth 2030 a
my music | current playlist
blakjustice30
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 70
Re: RE: Sonar or Cubase? 2010/01/13 08:44:20 (permalink)
Preference is everything, I own Cubase and Sonar. I was a big supporter of cubase only because I was comfortable with it, when my friend tried to get me to purchase Sonar because he owns it and thought we could transfer files better,  I was against it. I bought a piece of equipment that came with Sonar LE so I loaded it, and what do you know, I loved it. So do you know what I did? I bought the full version and have only used cubase a couple of times since (to mix already recorded projects for clients). For me, it has a more professional feel, and more options available. Now I like cubase for easy editing task (It's truly amazing how easy they make it for that), but for the overall feel, ease of use, plug ins, etc...I truly like Sonar better. But, that's my preference. Some people stand behind what they use only because they don't want to look like they were wrong about something, especially when it comes to music. Everyone wants to be the master, but won't listen to a teacher.  I'm glad I was not as stubborn.  Happy Recording. Use what you like and master that. No one will know what you use unless you tell them.

M~BLAK,

Windows 7 64Bit /Multi Core/ 4 Gig Ram/1TB HD
Sonar X1 Studio
Protools LE
FL 10 Producer Edition

Avalon 737 SP Compressor 
M-Audio Ultra 8   
Presonus Digital Mixer
M Audio Ultra 8 (Interface)
Waves Diamond Bundle (and a host of midi controllers, synths and other outboard compressers and Mic preamps and  )

lavoll
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 447
Re: RE: Sonar or Cubase? 2010/01/13 09:11:23 (permalink)
still prefer cubendo for sound to picture, ADR and similar... but do all my music production in Sonar.

own them all, very legally, and a few others like Vegas, ACID, Orion, FL and Pro Tools LE. What I do with them all depends on the project.. but strictly for music making: Sonar!

sonar x1b, win 7, 12gig ram, 6gb ssd, i7 Hexa Processor i7-970, lynx aurora
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1