Sonar7 and firestudio project

Author
CapnTwiggy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2007/11/22 08:17:13 (permalink)

Sonar7 and firestudio project

how can I get all 8 inputs to register? When I set it up the only options are left and right, thus only giving me 2 channels to work with at a time. Is there a special configuration Im not seeing?

3 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Sonar7 and firestudio project 2007/11/22 09:09:35 (permalink)
    Did you define all 8 inputs in sonar?? go to options/Audio/Drivers and check all of them..
    on a side note, do you have vista or XP, im currious how its working in vista
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Sonar7 and firestudio project 2007/11/22 09:48:33 (permalink)
    Capn,

If your interface is anything like the firepod's, your inputs/outputs will show up as 5 different stereo i/os with a strange nomemclaure - 1LR, 1L, 1R and so on (through the digital i/o).

And in Options>audio you will have to check all the inputs/outputs.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    CapnTwiggy
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: Sonar7 and firestudio project 2007/11/22 19:37:08 (permalink)
    Thanks guys. This was good.

CJ...I've run this settup on both XP and vista. I didnt get anywhere with vista (32-bit or 64-bit) I've now run this on 4 different computers, each with a different OS. The only one that works is the desktop with XP. The laptop with XP has serous dropout issues but it's a laptop with low RAM so im not surprized. I ran it on a much faster laptop with Vista Premium 32-bit and the system would download the drivers for the firestudio and it would work (sort of) in Cubase but Sonar 7 would kick it out and tell me that it's not a supported device. and of course, it was all bad with Vista Ultimate 64-bit. They havent released the drivers for that yet so nothing will move on that system until then. I'm anxious to find out though. Hope this helped.

AT...Thanks for the help. I didnt even get the 1L, 1R, 3L, 3R......etc. Options as devices until i installed the update 7.0.1. Until then it was coming up as only two: Presonus Firestudio Right, and Presonus Firestudio Left. After i got the update I was able to mess with the settings like you said and found all my inputs.

Thanks again guys. I've been wrestleing with this for about a week and i think i got it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1