Sonar/Roland And Great Things To Come

Author
space_cowboy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9813
2008/10/03 19:22:30 (permalink)

Sonar/Roland And Great Things To Come

OK so the V Studio 700 is announced. People like it, hate it, think USB is bad, good, Fantom should or shouldn't be included... But I think all that small picture chatter is missing the bigger pic.

Like this thing or not - this is likely a foreshadowing of things to come. People who were scared that the Roland share purchase in Cake was going to be bad have cause now to let their imaginations run free - but positively.

If this is the first product (or maybe REAC was???) you gotta believe there will be higher end and lower end products and that this is the first affordable product for most people (at least compared to a REAC system) to come out of the marriage.

Way to Go Cake! Looking forward to seeing a full line of Ronar/Soland hardware software in years to come.

Now if I could only get enough for my D8B to buy this and enough of the IO boxes to get 32 in 32 out (24 audio plus sends and returns and enough for dedicating 6 busses for headphone mixes...) Anyone want a vintage D8B?

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!

2 Replies Related Threads

John T
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6783
    RE: Sonar/Roland And Great Things To Come 2008/10/03 19:25:37 (permalink)
    Agreed. I think this points to some really exciting future stuff. Not that it isn't exciting in itself; you can chalk me up as one of the "impressed" group. But ultimately, it's not the product I'm looking for, or at least not right now.

But yeah, more of this is something I'm keen to see.
    space_cowboy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: Sonar/Roland And Great Things To Come 2008/10/03 19:33:24 (permalink)
    John
    For product 1 (or two if REAC is counted) this is AWESOME!

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1