Song Contest - Sonar France

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Jonbouy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22562
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 06:33:03 (permalink)

<-----note to self:

If I ever get an inclination to quote Ted Nugent I must fight it!

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
foxwolfen
  • Total Posts : 8256
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 08:13:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Bristol_Jonesey

ORIGINAL: foxwolfen

Ted Nugent, rock star and avid bow hunter from Michigan , was being interviewed by a French journalist and animal rights activist. The discussion came around to deer hunting

The journalist asked, "What do you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or is it 'Are you the one who killed my brother?' "

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."

The interview ended at that point.

I can see why the coffeehouse was closed before... it fills up with racists, sexist and xenophobic drivel. It seems that many of the "has been"/"never been" musicians with the least talent in this forum are also some of the rudest and noisiest.

Why do you not try to make some music that somebody other than your mom and drinking buddies will listen too, and stop insulting the culture of a person who posted a helpful post here.

Edited: original retort removed as I only just noticed the above apology.

Actually, I am still waiting for yours... or I will retract my apology... or did you think I had forgotten? Do not take my apology as a sign of weakness, its not, and I do not forgive your post. I only regret that my anger effected others, not you.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 10:59:55 (permalink)
Apologise for what - quoting what somebody else has said?

Methinks you're being ever so slightly over sensitive.

Christ, I'm from England - people rip the p!ss out of us on an hourly basis but I don't get all defensive and "hurt"

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
Jonbouy
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 11:09:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: foxwolfen

I can see why the coffeehouse was closed before... it fills up with racists, sexist and xenophobic drivel. It seems that many of the "has been"/"never been" musicians with the least talent in this forum are also some of the rudest and noisiest.

I'm sorry Shad I did think you'd apologized for blatantly over-reacting here. Obviously you didn't and I was mistaken.

I can't see where Jonesy's comment which was a recount of an interview fitted into the stern and alarming accusations of racism, sexism and xenophobia. There is one notable that hi-jacked this thread away from it's positive intent and from where I'm sitting, it was you.

Despite the childish finger pointing in it, it does seem your second point highlighted here however does contain truth.

Now how about everybody moves on and enters into the spirit of the OP's original positive post is that too much to ask, or is it too late for that and somebody has to 'win'?

Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 11:16:37 (permalink)
Gets my vote Jonbuoy.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
foxwolfen
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 11:48:43 (permalink)

Apologise for what - quoting what somebody else has said?

Methinks you're being ever so slightly over sensitive.

Christ, I'm from England - people rip the p!ss out of us on an hourly basis but I don't get all defensive and "hurt"

Yes, that is about what I expected. You would take no responsibility to your actions.

If you cannot see where your actions were inappropriate, fine. But excusing them because you are British has to be the lamest thing I have ever heard.

Oversensitive? If the joke was made in a context that was appropriate for the conversation or thread, I would have said nothing. I happen to have a good sense of humor (except when jokes are racist, sexist, or homophobic simply for the sake of being racist, sexist or homophobic ... kind of like yours).

So, when will you have the guts to post a gratuitous joke that called Americans cowards in a thread that had nothing to do with jokes? Think that will go over well with most Americans? I highly doubt it. So why did you think you could get away with it about the French? Because you feel safe? Think again bub.

Better yet, just start thinking...that's what your brain is for... I know you don't like to use it much, but try.

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
foxwolfen
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 12:04:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Jonbouy
Despite the childish finger pointing in it, it does seem your second point highlighted here however does contain truth.

And what would that be Jon?

Don't bother, I know what you meant (being fully aware that I included myself in the latter category).

Thanks for your support. Its great to know my friend's got my back.

Composers Forum
foxwolfen
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 12:05:25 (permalink)

Gets my vote Jonbuoy.

LMAO

Of course it does LOL.

*wipes tears of laughter from his eyes*

Composers Forum
Jonbouy
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 12:17:56 (permalink)
Thanks for your support. Its great to know my friend's got my back.

Being a friend sometimes means you gotta tell someone their armpits smell when no-one else will.

Accusing someone of xenophobia in the light of the comments here was out of line IMO not to mention the continued election of yours to continue to score intellectual points rather than move on harmoniously, I'm not with you on this one, doesn't mean I'd write you off as a going human concern.

In my view you are wide of the mark here just as I am on occasion.
post edited by Jonbouy - 2009/03/09 12:25:14

Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 12:47:36 (permalink)
I've kept up with this thread from the first post that Alain posted and it has gotten so completely out of hand.

Bristol_Jonsey was out of line, IMO, posting the joke. it was in poor taste and had nothing to do with Alain's posting of a French Sonar contest and served nothing but the insult of the OP and others who have ties to French nationals. So in that respect I agree completely with Shad.

But obviously B-Jonsey doesn't feel remorse for posting it and he's not going to apologize. Oh well. Life goes on. If I continued to hound people who owe me an apology I'd be continually doing nothing but that. I try to forgive them whether they apologize or not. I think that's what I'm supposed to do according to what I've been taught.

forgive in spite of not getting an apology if you can, but if not, at least stop driving it in the ground. just move on.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
foxwolfen
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 13:18:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Beagle

I've kept up with this thread from the first post that Alain posted and it has gotten so completely out of hand.

Bristol_Jonsey was out of line, IMO, posting the joke. it was in poor taste and had nothing to do with Alain's posting of a French Sonar contest and served nothing but the insult of the OP and others who have ties to French nationals. So in that respect I agree completely with Shad.

But obviously B-Jonsey doesn't feel remorse for posting it and he's not going to apologize. Oh well. Life goes on. If I continued to hound people who owe me an apology I'd be continually doing nothing but that. I try to forgive them whether they apologize or not. I think that's what I'm supposed to do according to what I've been taught.

forgive in spite of not getting an apology if you can, but if not, at least stop driving it in the ground. just move on.

You are right, of course.

Moving on.

(and thank you)

Composers Forum
Roflcopter
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6767
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 13:20:37 (permalink)
just move on.

Indeed, like the French say: cut the Crêpe.

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
alvie
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 208
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 19:46:44 (permalink)
Well. I never tough that my post would start this debate.

We all make mistake and I think you should stop the way this post is going.

I just wanted to share a contest that could be fun to try ... whatever your nationality or your native language.

Music is the universal language.

Alain
Sonar X1 Producer Expanded (64 bits) 
Windows 7 (64 bits) 
Intel I7 / 8 MB
UA-4FX, EMU XBoard49, AT-2020 
http://parseq.alvie.ca/ 

Roflcopter
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6767
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 20:47:39 (permalink)
Humour, too - came across this French animation and I had tears rolling over my cheeks, it's hilarious (don't worry, it has subtitles):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JnMKKDUfjs

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
Jonbouy
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/09 21:42:00 (permalink)
Alvie

I doubt we could get it together to organize something like that here without fighting, my hat goes off to you.

I can see the French coast from my window I'm currently thinking of making a swim across la manche to escape this madness...

jinga8
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5817
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/10 03:46:35 (permalink)
bub

Ha! What a word. Ha!
Garry Stubbs
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2619
RE: Song Contest - Sonar France 2009/03/14 16:42:10 (permalink)

Ted Nugent, rock star and avid bow hunter from Michigan , was being interviewed by a French journalist and animal rights activist. The discussion came around to deer hunting

The journalist asked, "What do you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or is it 'Are you the one who killed my brother?' "

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."

The interview ended at that point.

Jonesey, That is one of the funniest things I have read on this forum, I really would love it to be a true story

Kiosk

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1