Songwriting, the easy flow

Author
robbyk
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 705
2016/08/26 15:30:37 (permalink)

Songwriting, the easy flow

I like to write songs that take time and mature, changes and inflections at every turnaround, masterpieces and when I play them for a crowd...all is lost upon them. I heard that Glenn Frey would wake early in the morning to Jackson Browne downstairs endlessly playing the notes to Doctor My Eyes over and over all morning long to come up with one verse. That's kinda me, it is a joy and fun to revel in the process :)

Last night, I finished writing Song # 13 for my new CD. OK so today it is time to get to work, demos, copyrights, yada...

I sat down with the guitar to play the new song # 13 and song # 14 came rollin' on out in less than 15 minutes!

To tell you the truth, I have found, for me, those songs that write themselves faster than you can sing along have always become the crowd favorites, clappin' along, big smiles, nodding approvement, etc...

Odd how that goes...

"I'm just workin' on a good life, the way it is."

Best, Robby K 

PC Specs: Dell XPS Tower, Intel Core i5 7400 CPU 3 GHz @, 8 GB RAM
Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Line 6 TonePort UX1, ART Tube MP, JBL LSR2325P 5" Bi-Amped Monitors
Software: Windows 10 Home, Sonar 8.5.3 Producer, Sonar Producer X1, Sonar Producer X2 expanded, Sonar Producer X3, Ableton Live 8.3.4, Ozone, Alloy, Toontrack, Podfarm, IK Multimedia, Garritan, Melodyne, Antares, Bias, Rob Papen, OhmForce, Don't Crack... 

Music 
Studio

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1