Sonic Anomaly plugins.. freeware

Author
Soundblend
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 726
2017/05/09 23:21:37 (permalink)

Sonic Anomaly plugins.. freeware

Hi i came across this site Sonic Anomaly and i tested the, 5.1 Master Limiter in stereo
This limiter seem's to perform better than Cakewalk's Concrete Limiter..

I think this limiter is better than Loudmax, and George Yohng W1 limiter

There is some compressor's , a delay, transient processor and other stuff to.

I have only tested the Limiter and i love it, it can be pushed hard without to much artifacts.
plz let me know what you guy's think.

Here's my setting on the limiter :

post edited by Soundblend - 2017/05/10 00:06:06

1 Reply Related Threads

JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: Sonic Anomaly plugins.. freeware 2017/05/10 00:22:35 (permalink)
    Yeah, some good stuff free for the bandwidth to download.

The big kick in the chalumbas is that these are all Reaper plugins, but opens a lot of doors to experiment and roll your own. Worth owning a Reaper license just to get access to the JS format now that the guy at Sonic Anomaly has shown a pathway to convert JS to VST. This is mind blowing incredible.

Reaper is littered with a myriad of JS stock plugs. Some are so so. Some terrible and about useless. Some are up there with the best. Some are better than hi end commercial units for any price. They are small and simple text files, so the GUI is butt ugly on all of them. Maybe should instead say the GUI is at a bare minimum. Look at the last couple graphics at the bottom of the page. This is what all JS plugs look like in the raw.

Means that translation from JS to VST is not going to magically create a sexy GUI, but the guts will be there. Many folks have created sleek GUI's for some of the JS plugs, and to the majority of consumers, the added eye candy gives street legitimacy to the product. There was a comment that if the Reaper guys could just do classy GUI's on the JS plugs, they could be top contenders in the effects market.

Power of the JS format is that you can open any of the plugs in a text editor (path simple inside Reaper).

With a little study and effort, you can make your own modifications to the device or for those way beyond me, write your own from the ground up. This has not been done anywhere by anyone. Meaning bringing programming abilities within scope of the lay person by virtue of the simplicity. Not a SynthEdit type overlay, but getting in there and writing or editing code lines in the plugin.

Good post that I hope others will follow up on. Thank you.

John
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1