Sound Center plugin can't be accessed?

Author
joethegardner
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 75
2010/12/27 15:35:37 (permalink)

Sound Center plugin can't be accessed?

Hi guys, I have a problem with accessing the sound center. I read a post from last year posted by orto77 and addressed by beagle and others which addressed my exact problem but none of the solutions which seemed to work for him are working for me.

I just bought MC5, (in the box), installed it, and am going through some of the tutorials and demos to get acquainted. One of the tutorials is "Adding an instrument track to your project". In it it tells me to open a new project using the "blank" template. Then click the "New Track" button, point to the "Instrument Track" command, and select "Cakewalk Sound Center" from the menu.

Problem is, it is not on the menu. I only have "Cakewalk TTS-1" and "SI-drum kit" to choose from.

I have re-installed the sound center and tried again and it is still not there. Installation seems to go fine.

I then went to Options-Global-VST Plugins and scanned as you guys suggested in the other post.

Although it worked for the other guy, it is not working for me. Any suggestions?

Sound Center is one of the primary reasons I bought this software and it is not even there.

3 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Sound Center plugin can't be accessed? 2010/12/27 15:47:48 (permalink)
    OK ... welcome.... it's probably there...look in program files and see if its there..... if not search fro it on the computer. If you installed and and then reinstalled it..... it is there... just find it's location.

Then go into MC5 and open the plug in manager and add the SC location to the scan list...run the scan one time and SC should then show up.

Basically it's there now but MC doesn't know where to look for it.  Usually unless you choose a custom install, they will install properly and you have no problem.

Knowing how to use the plug in manager is something that will prove to be very valuable in the future as well. Any time you buy and add a new VST FX or synth to your libraries, you will need to use the plug in manager to tell MC that it's there, and where to find it.

If you need more help... just ask.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    joethegardner
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 75
    Re:Sound Center plugin can't be accessed? 2010/12/27 16:03:09 (permalink)
    Okay, found it.

I had told it to scan c:\program files\cakewalk\cakewalk sound center but all that contains is uninstall and html files.

There is another location c:\program files\VST\cakewalk sound center

I re-scanned and there it is. Thanks so  much for your help!
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Sound Center plugin can't be accessed? 2010/12/27 16:51:46 (permalink)
    no problem joe. glad you got it working.

that install location is a default and a bit confusing at times.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2010/12/27 16:52:52

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1