Sound Click vs. Acid Planet?

Author
Freeze1st
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1213
2008/10/26 23:05:41 (permalink)

Sound Click vs. Acid Planet?

Where should I post my songs? I mean will I get a more honest answer on Sony's Acid Planet or Sound Click? I dunno, I have one song posted on both websites..........

http://www.acidplanet.com/components/embedfile.asp?asset=1168520&T=7102 Sony's Acid Planet, makes me sound more polished. JMO.........

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6999505 Sound Click when selecting HIFI it sounds much more brighter.

Forget the details on the tech specs. because all that matters is : "Which one should I post my songs on"? I mean you can have more treble or bass or a more polished sound depending on which one you go with....... Please read below before replying......

With sound click you can post . MP3 files all day but you are limited to the size and there is no way you can post a .wav or .wma. With Sony's Acid Planet they would prefer that you post a .wma or .wav file just so long as it is not over 20mb's per song. I am at a loss as to which one to post my music on.......? Ideas? Thoughts? Sound quality wise which one sounds better via the internet via listening with a streaming computer? I dunno.

Here's a serious question : When someone RIPS a CD VIA Windows media player, you can select the LOSSLESS selection and rip it in a .wav or .wma form. Here's what I am trying to figure out by uploading to acid planet, the .wav file is gigantic, and the .wma is small. I don't get it, I mean if they are lossless on the sound quality then why even have .wav. . I haven't tested the two against each other but I though I would ask you what's up with .WMA and .WAV, I mean if you can have a file in .wma and it's smaller and supposedly LOSSLESS when importing a CD in WMP Vista, then "WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?.

. WMA which is a SMALLER file?

or

.WAV which is a larger file? What's the difference?

.MP3 which isn't accepted on Sony's site except as a download option.......

Thoughts?????????

post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/10/26 23:30:50

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67

6 Replies Related Threads

6StringGeek
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 188
    RE: Sound Click vs. Acid Planet? 2008/10/26 23:38:56 (permalink)
    Heck, I would post in as many places as possible. The more input the better. I am not a compression genius, but found the following on the difference between the two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Audio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wav

-Inspiron 530s, Core2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 4MB cache
    -SONAR 7 Studio/EZDrummer/Lambda/Toneport UX1

"You want to walk away from your dreams, or do you want to come in
    here with me, like the Tenacious D I know, and change rock history!"

Freeze1st
    RE: Sound Click vs. Acid Planet? 2008/10/26 23:59:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 6StringGeek

Heck, I would post in as many places as possible. The more input the better. I am not a compression genius, but found the following on the difference between the two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Audio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wav

Yeah those are DEFINITIONS, but they aren't WRITTEN by the people that matter and that is the people listening on the streams of this forum, and or other websites. JMO.... Thanks for the input, I'm hyped and ready to learn. Take care. God bless..... And when I say "GOD BLESS", I MEAN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not a passive saying, that's something that I just don't say for the heck of it, I mean it FOR REAL!!!!!!! Just to clarify that for anyone reading! I ain't trying to score BROWNIE POINTS so to speak. I am a real human being and I do have feelings!!!!! And I do REALLY wish everyone and their families the best!

Bobby

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    RE: Sound Click vs. Acid Planet? 2008/10/27 17:58:45 (permalink)
    I mean if you can have a file in .wma and it's smaller and supposedly LOSSLESS when importing a CD in WMP Vista, then "WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?.

A compressed file, even a lossless one, requires encoding to create the file and decoding to play it back. This makes it impractical for use in recording, where you might have to encode/decode dozens of files in real time. Wave files, on the other hand, are raw data and well-suited for realtime manipulation.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    SoulPuppy
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 206
    RE: Sound Click vs. Acid Planet? 2008/10/27 18:12:49 (permalink)
    I'm becoming a huge fan of SoundClick. There is a lot of cool music on there & I think the setup is pretty cool.
    Freeze1st
    RE: Sound Click vs. Acid Planet? 2008/10/27 20:36:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bitflipper

I mean if you can have a file in .wma and it's smaller and supposedly LOSSLESS when importing a CD in WMP Vista, then "WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?.

A compressed file, even a lossless one, requires encoding to create the file and decoding to play it back. This makes it impractical for use in recording, where you might have to encode/decode dozens of files in real time. Wave files, on the other hand, are raw data and well-suited for realtime manipulation.

I never thought about it that way. Thanks bitflipper, that's a great point!

Freeze1st
    RE: Sound Click vs. Acid Planet? 2008/10/27 20:39:50 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SoulPuppy

I'm becoming a huge fan of SoundClick. There is a lot of cool music on there & I think the setup is pretty cool.

Yeah, Soundclick is cool. I think I'll start posting my music on both sites though. It's nice to have these options.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1