Soundcard Problem

Author
Ken J
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 163
2008/10/11 19:13:30 (permalink)

Soundcard Problem

My PC running XP has encountered a problem. I have a Delta 44 soundcard which has worked fine until today. When booting up, I get a systray message that a multimedia controller card has been found. Device Manager shows no Delta44, just a question mark for multimedia controller. Control panel Sounds and Audio Devices shows only the built-in soundcard. I downloaded the latest Delta44 drivers but the Wizard doesn't find them in the M-Audio/Delta folder. I see the 3 following driver files: DELTACPL.DLL, deltasio.dll and pcifmdio.dll. In the systray, there is still the icon for activating the on-screen control for the soundcard but clicking on it gives a message "dpInitInterface failed." Where do I start to get back up and running? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Related Threads

CreatingNoise
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1666
    RE: Soundcard Problem 2008/10/11 19:50:33 (permalink)
    I'm no expert but try going to My computer and right clicking on it and choose properties to take you to the device manager. Remove the onboard soundcard and then try running the install for your interface again.

OR

Have you perhaps bumped your PC lately? Assuming the Delta 44 is a PCI card interface, you might try checking to see if the card is seated correctly still. If it isn't that might cause the system to use the other controller since it could not find the Delta 44.

Again, just throwing out ideas, my troubleshooting techniques and solutions are far from thorough and competent.
    Ken J
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 163
    RE: Soundcard Problem 2008/10/11 20:08:45 (permalink)
    Thanks for the input. The message in the systray that says Found - Multimedia audio controller" during bootup suggests to me that the computer sees the card.
    CreatingNoise
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1666
    RE: Soundcard Problem 2008/10/11 22:37:53 (permalink)
    Ken, you might be best suited to try removing the card and then go through the process you used when you originally installed the card. That may be the quickest way to the solution. As to why it stopped working, who knows? Good luck.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1