Soundcenter Issues

Author
Scooter13
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2012/12/13 21:37:27 (permalink)

Soundcenter Issues

First and foremost...I am a newb to MC6 (Departing from Abelton....) I cannot figure out how to record music I am playing with a Sound Center soft synth? I am sure I am short-cutting something. I have had some success recording drum tracks with my Akai LPD8. But I somehow cannot not get it linked up to any other virtual instrument. Not that I would even want to because I am just trying to get some synth and string lines into a track....8 pads are pretty limiting on a keyboard track without knowing how to map my device. Can I do this via the keyboard? I out-putting this track via my Line 6 Pod output and the master, and can "hear" what I am playing, but when I arm the track and activate the global record....NOTHING records??? Looking for some help on what I am doing wrong. I am sure it must either be a midi input/output issue or audio versus midi thing... Very frustrating cause the Sound Center has some pretty cool instruments that SOUND amazing, but frustrating cause I can't get them into my song... Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Soundcenter Issues 2012/12/14 00:39:48 (permalink)
    You need a midi keyboard to play like, well, a keyboard.  The pads are probably set to a drum key.

You can also "paint" notes in - at least in SONAR.  Don't know about MC6, tho I suppose it has some editing feature which would allow you to write in notes.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Chadtindale
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 95
    Re:Soundcenter Issues 2013/01/06 21:31:30 (permalink)
    Yes, in MC6 (and 1-5 for that matter) you can paint notes in. 

Sound center works typically requires a midi controller to work. Either the midi controller in MC6 or on your keyboard. But wherever notes are entered, it's gotta be midi compatible. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1