Helpful ReplySounds of high quality (pad & piano)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Sounds of high quality (pad & piano) 2014/12/07 12:42:56 (permalink)
tyros5
kennywtelejazz
I don't understand what the heck this thread is all about ….
to have and use MainStage you have to have a Mac ……it is really that simple …
there is no way around that fact 
I have a Mac and I have MainStage …..BTW I love MainStage 
You want MainStage ? no problem …..go out and buy a Mac , then you can go spend 29 bucks to get MainStage at the app store ……

Kenny

It was saying that the company
Spectrasonic   500 Dólars (sound quality almost MIDI) Score 1
Native Instrument 1000 dólars (sound quality almost MIDI) Score 1
Mainstage 3 30 dólars  (sound quality preofesional) Score 10

I do not understand with so much technology, native instrument and spectrasonic is in the past, very ****ed in his technology. Sounds really of bad quality, 

I don't have Spectrasonic or Native Instruments ….way too much money for me right now ….

Yeah , I think I get what you are saying ….the important thing is to make what you have work for you 

I was reading an interview about Hans Zimmer where he said that he can hear those type of sample library sounds real easy …everybody is using those sounds ..and everybody winds up sounding the same 
he mentioned in the interview that it is very easy to make your own unique sounds and sample libraries 
all you have to do is get a good sounding room and record some good musicians to come up with your own samples 

now if you don't have a good sounding room or good musicians to record you can still play the game and create your own sounds …
all you have to do is  treat your Music DAW as if it was a highly sophisticated music laboratory 
you can create your own layers and create your own textures one at a time until you are happy with how they sound to you and then use the sounds you made as your samples …
it is a lot of work to do that but in the end you are gonna be the one that is gonna benefit ….

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Sounds of high quality (pad & piano) 2014/12/08 23:03:28 (permalink)
It sounds like tyros5 is judging synths by their presets. That's a very shallow criticism. 

I have Absynth, FM8, Massive etc. And I wasn't that impressed when I first tried them, because most of the presets are horrible. I mean completely unusable. And I'm sure I could spot them in a mix. But that's not the point, which is that all 3 of those synths can sound incredible if you know what you're doing. 

A problem with a lot of synths is that the presets don't really provide you with a solid collection of stock sounds that are usable again and again in your mixes. Instead, they're a showcase of the designer's technical chops. As a result, most of them sound shall we say "wacky." In many cases I can't imagine where you'd use them outside of cheesy 90's techno. Z3TA+2 is a great example - fantastic synth, very well designed, awesome sounding, but terrible presets with levels so high that they immediately clip the track. But as for starting your own sounds from scratch - what a synth. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
swamptooth
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2229
Re: Sounds of high quality (pad & piano) 2014/12/08 23:39:39 (permalink)
bitflipper
MIDI does sound pretty awful.

MIDI has sound?? :/

Arvid H. Peterson
Sonar X3E Prod / X2A  / X1PE | Cubase 9.5.1 | Reason 9.5 | Sibelius7 | Pure Data
Native-Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate and a smattering of other plugins
Home-brewed VSTs 
Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378 (16GB RAM, modified with 2x 750GB HDDs, Windows 8.1 x64)  
Samson Graphite 49, M-Audio Oxygen 49, Korg nanoPAD2, Webcam motion tracking programs 
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Member, ASCAP   

swamptooth
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2229
Re: Sounds of high quality (pad & piano) 2014/12/08 23:46:55 (permalink)
tyros5

I do not understand with so much technology, native instrument and spectrasonic is in the past, very ****ed in his technology. Sounds really of bad quality, 

That's odd because eric persing of spectrasonics is one of the most highly regarded sound designers in THE WORLD...

Arvid H. Peterson
Sonar X3E Prod / X2A  / X1PE | Cubase 9.5.1 | Reason 9.5 | Sibelius7 | Pure Data
Native-Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate and a smattering of other plugins
Home-brewed VSTs 
Toshiba Satellite S855-S5378 (16GB RAM, modified with 2x 750GB HDDs, Windows 8.1 x64)  
Samson Graphite 49, M-Audio Oxygen 49, Korg nanoPAD2, Webcam motion tracking programs 
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
Member, ASCAP   

John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: Sounds of high quality (pad & piano) 2014/12/09 00:33:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Beagle 2014/12/09 08:43:45
I believe that the OP is not a native English speaker so please cut him some slack. 

I will admit he has no notion of what is "high quality". 

Best
John
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1